Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

it was only a few years back when there was time for team building in the form of many international friendlies.

Then more players were able to play against their peers.

Now if top players go for every SS or GP the younger players wouldn't have any quality sparring.

Other countries don't necessarily send their top players month in and month out, maybe they have some internal programs

besides SS and GPs.That may be a valid reason why there are no quality players waiting in the wings

and inability to build a team.

2. flite

flite Regular Member

Just to share with you a scenario I witnessed personally. Back in April or May 2009 (if I remembered correctly) the training ground of Bukit Kiara has problem with their electrical circuit which resulted in lost of lighting. The national squad were forced to move over to Pro One courts in Wangsa Maju area for sometimes. I went to watch their training 1 day at about nearly 9am and this is what I saw> 3 of the back-up trainees were seating together at a corner chit-chatting. Another trainee was walking up and down and I have no idea what makes him so busy and the one whom just left BAM not long ago even had his training shoes off! Hendrawan was busy sparring with WMC and had Mew Choo so frustrated and shouted out loud with his trademark deception skills. The highlight of the day would be LCW going around to coax/persuade or whatever you call it for the back up shuttlers to have a game with him. LCW pointed his racket at them and is heard saying "hey, lu kiasu eh lai.. lai.." (hey, you cowards come and play) for a few times. I checked my watch and its only 9am.

3. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    I know I can't jump to conclusion but if this is the type of attitude that has been there for so long, it's no wonder we still lacking in producing the next LCW.... their hunger for success is not as much as the best example they had (LCW)... sad environment for MAS badminton...

4. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    at least i know LCW doesnt need the guy sitting behind he during this SS Final, the guy didn't give much suggestion for LCW..and LCW still played very good

5. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    http://tv2sport.dk/node/70605 LCW jogging back to center of court
    not only umpire,the whole stadium laugh as PG said "you got this one(netting),i got that one(bad line call)" ;);)

6. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

This sentence does not make any sense. Peter is older than LCW, meaning that physically he is degrading as the years goes by.

7. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    The MS winner of this SSF and the past 2 SSFs is never in doubt, that is why LCW does not need MS present.

8. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Wierdos, aspiring players everywhere would jump at the chance to play LCW . if I were them I would be delighted win or lose.

I am not surprised though probably they would feel happier to stop work and go back and play computer games.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    2010 SS Masters Finals: Lee Chong Wei won his 3rd consecutive SS Mens Singles title

Congratulations to Lee Chong Wei for winning the Super Series Masters Mens Singles title in 2010.

Lee Chong Wei has won this title 3 years in a row. Hope that he can do it again in 2011.

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Next thing we will learn that BAM officials never bother to step into training centres to find out really what's going on.

Probably wearing monkey suits and rubbing shoulders with the Big "O". Maybe the back-up players are frustrated in not getting their RM500 allowance raised and thinking of the money they can earn part-time to buy the latest gizmos.

Not surprising though, the behaviour of this lost generation,and the aloof corporate culture of BAM.Things are not working and no one is doing anything.

It ties in with what some members of the public have been complaining about,and attitudes generally.

Anyone has anything else to offer? At least here in BC we can know what exactly is going on and know the real source of the problem.

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haha,he won the ssmf 2010 in 2011,so,he didnt really won the title in 2010
    he might have chance to win the 2nd ssmf in a year,ssmf 2011 this december

12. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
  13. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

i have not heard of such negative attitudes in Men's Doubles, rather more of players bickering on how to do better.

14. alexyong

alexyong Regular Member

Congratulation for winning yet another useless title in the absence of LD

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    A Super Series Masters Finals title is a useless title?

OMG. Saying that a Super Series Masters Finals title is a useless title? :confused::confused::confused:

Our Badminton is now evolving from national-based players to independent-based players.

IMHO, when more professional players become less attached to their national associations, a Super Series Masters Finals Championship title will become one of the most treasured titles to win.

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

That might be the case but LCW can only play who is put in front of him. It's not his fault if LD wasn't there. Also ponder this: if you were given the opportunity to make an almost guaranteed US$40,000 for a week's work, would you care if the title was useless or not?

17. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Time to get that league rolling? Players must learn to earn their keep . Going by what is happening in China

and the reluctance of youngsters to take up baddy as a career, the same must be happening in Msia.

18. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Sour grapes!
    Are you somebody's spokesperson?
    LD did not qualify and rules are rules.
    LCW qualified on merit and winnings.
    He won the SSM MS final match fairly and squarely and the match was was by millions.

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Let him be. He is lost. Lost in his own house. Don't waste your time with him.

20. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

LCW did very well to outclass and overpower the aging PG... it shows that LCW is a class above the rest of the pack but an inch closer to Super Dan... hopefully LCW will ride on the rhythm to win Msia SS and Korea SS... BOLEH?