Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. ycsia

ycsia Regular Member

lcw really in extraordinary form , i dont think anyone can stop him to be the champion

2. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

got to admit he is! But I hope LD can stop him tomorrow haha!:)

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Under Li Mao he was more of an attacking player but when MS took over his play became defensive (reactive) and he usually lost when came up against an attacking LD.

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    he too lost to lin dan by attacking too much in ag and korea open final

5. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

isnt that because MS was still his coach?

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    These two finals were the transition period.

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I think one yes and the other no.

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Liverpool leading 1-0 half time and should win it. Going for a short nap.

For the 2nd session,

I shall be back.

hopefully.

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Just watched the LCW-CJ match, what a display LCW dissect CJ, those cross court smashes are deadly. I have said the AE1990 match ZJH slaugthered Joko as the greatest match I seen, this match shows the best of LCW...the focus, the killer instinct dressed in black like a puma looking for openings to kill, that is classic LCW.
    If LCW plays like today against LD or PG, it would take a monumental effort from either one to beat LCW. I feel LCW has overcome the mental block against LD, looking at his eyes, no rushing, calm, he will be ready for LD. In AE11, don't you feel LD and LCW game are very similar that mostly, unforced error determined the outcome. I have not seen LD played his OLY08 performance, hope it will be LD-LCW final tomorrow, that would be one heck of a game.
    I have never seen a malaysian played badminton the way he did. Whether LCW wins WC11 or not, IMO LCW is the best Malaysian to play badminton. While the best player wins, I would hope LCW get the job done. LCW basically save those idiots at BAM their jobs and Bata James better don't claim his high performance BS on this.
    I can't wait to show my friends this game in 720p on my plasma TV, thanks a million to the uploader, you make my day. This game rank right up there as the badminton game to watch.:)

10. guy3288

guy3288 Regular Member

executive
    anybody can recommend where is the link to watch the 2011 championship badmintons esp the MS matches?

any in youtube or some easy to download link?

TQ

11. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    http://www.youtube.com/badmintonworldtv#p/u
    :)

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    do u think lcw played his best in this match?

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

Of course, LCW has to and has played his absolute best in this match against CJ...we are talking about CJ here and SF, there is no holding back and LCW got to dispatch of CJ efficiently and as fast as possible. I think I am going to watch this match again and again.

Now, the next question 'is LCW playing at his very best?' in WC11. From R64 on, LCW slowly peaks and he is getting better each game. Tomorrow is another day and players' form changes day to day. I say LCW is playing his best game not only in this WC11 but in his career so far, based on one key improvement in his arsenal i.e. his mental game and his abililty to stay focus and calm in his game plan, there is no panic and no rushing, he has a fantastic read of CJ game. If LCW peaks tomorrow like today, yeah he can get even better. If LCW 'thinks' he can win, holly mother, he is very dangerous. Previously, when facing LD, that mental block converts into a defeatest mindset, that the game was lost before it even began. I hope LD brings his A game tomorrow, and that would be really something and those fellas at Wembley are really lucky then, I am jealous.

14. MilGauss

MilGauss Regular Member

LCW must do just enough to get by Chen Jin and not by peaking just yet otherwise he'll be flat against an in-form LD. I don't subscribe to the notion that LCW is in a defeatist mode (before) when/everytime he faces LD nor do I think he's lifted that shroud of mental block when against LD. However, I must say it is about who wanted it more these days between LCW and LD. LD needs to focus while LCW is always focus. Whatever their past clashes may have resulted, it boils down to how focus they are and who peaks at the right time. May the best man win. I've already toss in my pick as you already know and I hope I'll win.:)

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    try to watch again and u might have another thoughts
    i dont think lcw is playing his best;)

16. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

well the LD vs PG just ended.. and i thought lin dan is awesome but that was not his best.... if he peaks tomorrow.. well i dont know.. lets hope lcw peaks tomorrow too...

17. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    Good question by limsy :)

Was lcw playing his best in the semi final against cj?

Looking at the game and the score, it's just don't MATCH :D

Must be the earlier pressure from lyb :p :D

Anyway, the only fella to give lcw a hard time is in the final :D

18. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Congratulation to Datuk LCW for his first ever WC final. His overall performance against CJ was very good. He dictate the the flow of the game as how he wanted by being equally threatening both at the front and the back court. He dominate the front court very well with tight and creative net play and always moving forward. His overhead shots are technically solid and sharp especially his favourite cross court shots. His defences also was very solid and at some time when it seems that CJ was pressuring him, he was able to control the situation well and turn the outcome against CJ.

The only minor hiccups that he must improve, when he's going to meet super dan is not being too passive and slow from the start. Many times we see that Datuk LCW and especially against CJ recently especially in the 2nd set he was slightly slow and passive not in his moves but in his shots allowing CJ to gain a signifficant lead. We know that LD is a very good frontrunner player and if he allows LD to gain huge lead from the start, at the point where Datuk LCW starts to gain momentum, maybe LD also will be at his full gear against him and this is LD we are talking about, the only player in this world sincerly i would say that can beat him in this year WC. Therefore,Datuk LCW should not at any point allow himself to be passive and start aggressively from the start and don't give any opportunity to LD even by a single point.

If he starts thundering all his attacking and dominating the front court more, he has a high chance to win against LD. We know that LD himself is very deadly if he starts leaping into the air and therefore Datuk LCW must remain solid in his defences better than any in his previous encounters be it with CJ, KC,PSH etc. Datuk LCW you can do it and we beleive you CAN DO IT. Good luck.

19. pralinescream 2

pralinescream 2 Regular Member

politician
    latok lee was awesome in defeating chen jin. but i'm worried history will repeat itself in the final and he will again be frustrated by super dan.
    hope super dan injured or got food poisoning then latok got chance.

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    He must grind LD. He is tired. ;) 1st set must win. ;)