Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    and we can continue to support him in sepang...:D

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

he he, not street racer, A1 racer, then you can become his co-driver, :D:D.

And btw, now LCW-WMC relationship publically announced by another press. Earlier was Malay Mail.

#602 eaglehelang, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    haiya...just let them paktor freely...^^...

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Whoah..

:eek:..George, i thought for a second, that was you in those pics, standing next to LCW..;)..Or is that really you??..:confused:

5. eaglehelang

Didnt say cannot paktor,just all these years media didnt say anything till after China Open 2007. Interesting news they sure will cover :D

6. Chiku

Chiku Regular Member

Physiotherapy
    new fan reporting in.... :)

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...it only show mas sport reporter is not all actually sport ffans i think...they should have know this earlier...others country already know this for years i think

8. Chiku

Chiku Regular Member

Physiotherapy
    i dun think dats a gud idea... better let them paktor inside the room than freely...:eek:

9. eaglehelang

They already know-lah, they got hint2 but I think LCW & WMC told Msia press not to report it publically (off the record).

10. eaglehelang

_____double post________

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh...ya...maybe they say...if u(sport reporter) all report...i quit from badminton...and i will say is because of u...^^...haha

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

are we getting out and out of topic now????:p

13. george@chongwei

hi there!!!:)
    welcome to bc forum and have fun here.

malaysia boleh!!
    lee chong wei boleh!!!:):):)

14. whatever

whatever Regular Member

whatever
    WOW!!!:eek::eek: I don't believe that chong wei have same interests like me. good to know that.:D:p

15. george@chongwei

lee chong wei is all cool:):cool::cool::cool:

Badminton: Misbun: Chong Wei now cool under pressure

By LIM TEIK HUAT

KUALA LUMPUR: The change in attitude of shuttler Lee Chong Wei is already a good reason for coach Misbun Sidek having the confidence that his charge will not let him down in the Beijing Olympics next month.
    It has been more than a year since Chong Wei returned to train under Misbun and the Olympics will be the biggest test for the 26-year-old since his dismal failure in the World Championships in Bukit Jalil last year.
    An out-of-sorts Chong Wei disappointed the home fans when he fell to a crushing defeat by Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro in the third round.
    But Misbun said that Chong Wei's self-confidence had improved a lot and he was now better at handling pressure. And Misbun saw no need to make big changes to Chong Wei's game ahead of the Olympics.
    “In the past, he would be afraid of certain players but he now talks with confidence on how he can beat them,” he said.
    “He is coping well with the expectations that come with being rated as Malaysia's medal hope in the Olympics. He is more relaxed about it compared to previously when he tends to get agitated easily and lose focus.
    “His commitment to training is also exemplary to the other singles players. I have not had any request from him coming to me with reasons to skip a training session.”
    Chong Wei will be competing in his second Olympics as the second seed behind China's Lin Dan.
    “Chong Wei is doing fine in his high intensity training mode before a competition. His fitness, movement and agility are at a good level,” said Misbun.
    “In sparring, the intensity has increased with the juniors giving good commitment in the sessions and Chong Wei is taking it well. I will be tapering down the sessions when we go into centralised training camp with the rest of the Olympic team.”
    Currently, women's singles player Wong Mew Choo also trains under Misbun at the Michael Badminton Academy in Bandar Puteri Puchong.
    The Beijing-bound squad will begin training together at the Juara Stadium in Bukit Kiara from Monday.

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

If LCW takes it cool and easy, he will not be pressurised. With WMC alongside, he will be calm as he has someone to 'hold his hands' when the games start.

Misbun is also another stalwart that he can count on to calm him. The bond is now greater than before when he transferred back to Misbun from W.Tat Meng. The understanding between the two men is showing clearly with Misbun hardly staying long during every game's break. Misbun, unlike other coaches, has only a few words to get the message across to LCW. Sometimes, Misbun does not even bother to get up from his seat to tell LCW -- it is as if there is a telepathic bond already.

With LCW staying calm, it is very hard for anyone to beat him. He now has time to think in his game because he is calm. In my mind, the thing that is really working for him is his super fitness. He is ready to do the hard 'yakka' - nobody will beat him in that department. If anyone plays tit-for-tat with him, he will outlast them. On top of that, LCW has shown his speed to overcome his opponent - it is just 'poetry' to watch him dictate the flow of things. He can just turn it on when the opponent least expects it. As I said before, don't expect him to hurry the play in the first game as he does not need to. He will keep the opponent in check and stretch it a bit at the end of the 1st. In the 2nd, he will shift into a faster gear to wear down the opponent. When you have fitness, speed AND LOTS OF SKILLS, there is nothing much you can't do.

The time has come for all fans of LCW to be excited (not nervous!) because he will excite us in the Olympics. Malaysia will celebrate if this talented player wins it -- I am looking forward to the Sultan of Malaysia calling the next day a holiday as well as calling it the 'LCW DAY', else it could be 'Pemuda Day'. :)

#616 X Ball, Jul 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Furtheremore LCW and Mew Choo have a full time mental trainer beside them most of the time until Olympic finish.

18. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

How can we lose ?!:D

19. phoiyih_luv bad

phoiyih_luv bad Regular Member

student
    hey....mew choo trainning in bdr puteri
    tat badminton centre....
    haha...who wanna go wif me 2 watch her trainning?
    i'll fetch u....near my house only....^^

20. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Just nice and perfect,dear.