Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student

I do agree... Refreshing himself, however LCW is human being.
    He needs to be like LD now, more choose to participate in the tournament. He had everything title except major title like WC and Olympic.

Keep spirit LCW :)

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Sometimes I think like you after a few shot of whisky and rum, and my head gone loopy, loopy and looco, looco, and the world looks like it is ending and no hope:crying:
    Reading your post, I begin to strongly believe you are very close to LCW and knows so much about him, and if all these are true and is LCW confession to you, Amen;), then CHN has already won OLY12 gold in MS in advance:D. There say, sh#t can happen, maybe someone other than LD, LCW, CL will win gold, but realistically, LCW is the only non-CHN player that can give CHN hiccups and KO them out, and CHN knows it, so the bulleye is on LCW.
    When LCW was winning all these SS, where are you? Now, he lost 2X and he is cooked goose. I like you is a supporter of malaysian badminton, even though I called Canada home. I like to see my birth country gets her 1st OLY gold, because after LCW, it will be a very long sayonara:crying:

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

The coaches are still focusing too much on LD I presume, but if CL plays like what he did yesterday he might even beat LCW easier than LD next time!

CL and LCW have met 5 times this year, his scores kept improving from his first 3 defeats and beat the two most recent times. CL is the man that LCW has to watch out for, although consistency from CL cannot be determined from 3 consecutive titles yet ;) LD in the WC final made way more mistakes than CL did in the whole match yesterday!

Btw, Lin Dan was watching the match too. In the spectator stands, not the player stands though.

4. Rahim

Rahim Regular Member

Lecturer
    only 3 words can change the world... "LCW NEEDS MISBUN"...... BAM please admit it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    good advice!!! :p

6. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

LCW needs to come up with his own strategies throughout the game if he wants to change according to the situation... 随机应变/穷则变,变则通,通则久

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    i rather LCW lost in all tournaments but win the OG GOLD...

dang dang...

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Yup, no one is perfect and win badminton match EVERY TIME!...;)

9. george@chongwei

yes, i saw that too.. They talked on hokkien and from what i see i can interpret what they said. Sorry can't say it here.;)

10. george@chongwei

And the WC... He should learn to become like Taufik. Skipping tournaments and focus on the BIG ones.. This is what happened during Th's prime years:cool:

11. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    LCW forehand smash only worked for the first 3 points in the first set. But I dun know what hit him after that, all his forehand smashes went outside or stucked in the net! Probably he is a bot tired last night or probably he need more practices for this. Give him sometime to adjust his smashes and add more variety to his play style. Chinese coaches have been study LCW play style since very long time ago, now they found a way to beat him especially how to counter attack him. Now LCW has to find some new ways, and I am sure he will bound back strongly. Just keep your finger crossed !:):)

12. victory

victory Regular Member

I have no doubt LCW will be winning titles again and he is improving his tactics. But you dont have to say anything here.

Believe me if you keep doing this, someone out there will think this Malaysian is stupid and say thank you very much. No offence.

13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Well, I am a major fan of LCW.. I want LCW to win more than anything else... but realistically, his chance of wining Gold Medal in OG 2012 is not good... (After JO and DO 2011, his chance of wining the Silver Medal is also in doubt.) Like george@chongwei said, LCW should concentrate on big tournaments only from now on... for example, he should not participate in French Open. He should not play Hong Kong Open. He should definitely skip Grand Prix events.. From now to August 2012, he should only play the following:

1. China Open 2011
    2. Masters Finals 2011
    3. [Skip ..Korea Open 2012]
    4. Malaysia Open 2012
    5. All England 2012
    6. Thomas Cup 2012
    7. [Indonesian Open 2012???]
    8. OG London 2012...

#6593 pcll99, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  14. Rahim

Rahim Regular Member

Lecturer
    MISBUN... help LCW plz. Just my 2 cents.. coz misbun is very creative coach. He also introduced service 'S' which is very dangerous. But unluckily, it was banned becoz his opponents were too afraid of it. Then, he also introduced slice shot (dont know the correct name of the shot). So, to me he is very creative player/coach. I'm sure he already knew the strategy to beat CL. Maybe.......:( i'm not a fanatic misbun fan... but i'm quite sure misbun can do it. He was also God of Badminton during his time... thats the fact

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Poor LCW! Sometimes you have to sympathize with him as he's the only non CHN player in MS who can stand up to CHN. Remember those good old Kung Fu movies where the hero fights against like 3-4 other bad guys, at the same time? Well, that's Dato. :)

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    agree. and i think many people do sympathize with him.

however, it is also the case that many of his fans have very high expectations.

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I think LCW should train more and more with top-level doubles partners. Preferably the best doubles team in MAS.
    And that would be... ummmm... errrr... Fuzzy? Tek Chai/Bin Shen? :confused: :(

18. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    LCW lost the MSF match of the 2011 Yonex Denmark Open to Chen Long 15-21, 18-21, because he was too passive and let CL dictate the pace. He didn’t take the initiative.He didn’t step in and take the shuttle but instead let the shuttle go to him. This let CL to regroup and be in a good position to defend or attack. Also he made too many mistakes by hitting the shuttles long or smashing out or into the net. He also made too many misjudgments by not returning shuttles thinking they landed out. CL played a solid match, was agile, had a sound defense and did not make many errors. He deserved his win. LCW should view the recordings of how he beat CL by being aggressive, especially the 2011 Proton Malaysia Open, where he trashed CL 21-9, 21-9 in the semi-final match.

19. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    What about KKK/TBH? No? Maybe put 2 doubles team(any pair) vs LCW alone. Too extreme?

20. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    LCW lost the MSF match of the 2011 Yonex Denmark Open to Chen Long 15-21, 18-21, because he was too passive and let CL dictate the pace.
    He didn’t take the initiative.
    He didn’t step in and take the shuttle but instead let the shuttle go to him.
    This let CL to regroup and be in a good position to defend or attack.
    Also he made too many mistakes by hitting the shuttles long or smashing out or into the net.
    He also made too many misjudgments by not returning shuttles thinking they landed out.
    CL played a solid match, was agile, had a sound defense and did not make many errors. He deserved his win.
    LCW should view the recordings of how he beat CL by being aggressive, especially the 2011 Proton Malaysia Open, where he trashed CL 21-9, 21-9 in the semi-final match.