Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Are you trying to tell me, there is a lot of men and women in china??? :p

And that the 10 or so players not sent to Kota Kinabalau takes a vital part in preparing the trains for big snowfall ?? :D

/Twobeer

2. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    They dont have to hide in the blanket and afraid of meet any players in the world, including DLCW, especially LinDan.

Even though DLCW win that title, he is still not yet to be crown the No. 1 title. All of us know that there is still 1 man who is better than him, that is Lin Dan for CHN.

3. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

He already has been crown No. 1 in the world for more than three month. Just because he is not No. 1 in your mind does not effect reality. Lin dan may or may not be better than LCW but currently he IS world number 1.

4. Zealous

Zealous Regular Member

Congrats Chong Wei !!!! :D:D:D Lucky it's a holiday or I'll be in school shouting at my friends face. haha !!

Well, LCW is world no.1 but I still think he has some difficulty beating Lin Dan. If LCW can defeat Lin Dan like he always does in group events, then it'll be so so good. I really really hope that he'll be alble to do so.

Nevertheless, the most important thing is

CHONG WEI JIA YOU !!!

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    players plus coaching staff. A big part of the training camp objective is team building. U may not value it as much some other countries do. What good is team building if 1/4 of your team isn't there? How silly of u to think the training camp is to prepare for big snowfall. No, they are there to fine tune their match fixing, to master racquet throwing technique, and some martial arts to hit someone better so the victim is down unconsicous so it can't be reported to the media LOLOL
    The real army will handle the snow removal. LOLOLOL.

#765 cooler, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  6. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

i think that photo is for Jay Chou outdoor concert....:D:D:D

7. danielwong

Salesman

1) i didnt blame one player, btw i didnt mentioned any names..pls read properly
    2) the so called player wanna "whack" who i don't care, really...
    3) but profesionalism and nobility is being claimed by you, not the China team, i didnt blame them...so you are bringing disgrace to what you said...
    4) i don't care about Li Mao as well, but when a guy acted wrongly, he is wrong, even PSH like to play football with shuttlecock also wrong...
    5) claim whatever u like, LCW still world no. 1 even 6 months without titles.. cry as you want...:D:D:D

8. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i love the 5th statement..:D:D:D
    haha

9. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    But speculaition is futile... I've read numerous posts claiming Taufik is no.1 even though he slipped in the rankings, arguing that he was just out of form or unmotivated every time he lost..

Head to head does not always give a full picture..

Lee Chong Wei is currently ranked no.1 in the world, and over the years Super Series, he has earned more points and won the final.

I don't see any point in arguing, how LD would perform if he didn't WO:ed.. We all know he has had back problem, and we can only speculate how he would perform if he played as many tournaments as LCW..

We could clearly see how the small break LCW did by skipping one tournament improved his speed.. So comapring apples and oranges are useleless..

so in my book, All things combined, sportsmanship, consistancy, strenght and agility.. Lee Chong Wei is world no.1. The way he crushed Taufik and Gade can not be denied. In my mind LD would have a tough time beating LCW on home soil in the SS finals...but it
    is pure speculation... The only thing that is not specualation is:

a) LD won the Olympics in big style!
    b) LCW has been more consistent and played more tournaments during the year, earning him the number one spot on the world rankings.
    c) LCW is no.1 ranked and winner of the 2008 super-series, which is probably more telling about player strenght/consitancy than one single tournament, however big (like the olympics!!) (Remember LDs OG performance 2004... one should not draw to big gears on one single tournament result imop)..

That said LD is my absolute favourite player, playstyle-wise when he plays his best game. I think LCWs style is a little bit to defensive/counter-defence at many occasions for my preference. But given all things combined, style, agility, speed, character and humbleness I think LCW is the no.1 player in the world in my book!!

LCW really deserves Datuk!!

/Twobeer

#769 twobeer, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  10. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    I still waiting cooler's statement on the 5th.......

Doesnt matter if DLCW didnot win any title, as long as he can still in the No. 1 place.:rolleyes:

Doesnt matter if LD didnot ranked No.1, as long as ppl knows that he is the best player in the world.:cool:

11. danielwong

Salesman

don't worry...i welcome his reply...
    last 2 statement, i fully agreed with you
    you get my points...many kisses to you Dato.....:D:D:D

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i have no problem of lcw being #1 since i know it was gained by LD taking some time off after the OG. WooHoo:rolleyes:. LD doesn't have to prove he's no. 1 anymore, he hold the pole position for 2+ years straight already. He had won all the important titles that other MS players only dream about. If LCW fans want to compare lcw to LD, let see if LCW can hold the pole position for 2+ years, after that, we can talk about it again. Right now, LD tournament focus will be different than before the OG. For the next 3.5 years, china team focus will be the groomng the new MS for 2012, and yes, LCW (and PG, TH) will play an essential part of helping them to prepare for the 2012 OG.

13. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Good point. ;);):D:D

14. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Yeah! China is really good in producing players from their military styled camp. I dont think democracy countries can follow their iron clad styles. Is a success that the china people has to earn through sacrificing their freedom.

China deserve their spot as No.1 in the world... :D

15. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Exactly. I am sure communism is the ONLY reason for their success. I wonder why the other countries even try.

Hint: North Korea anybody? And I think you should make a trip to any of China's modern cities some day.

16. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    Well said, Twobeer!

17. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Do you agreed on ''LCW really deserves Datuk?''

18. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    This thread was created by tbleong for fans of Lee Chong Wei

Hahaha. Sometimes we tend to forget to read the title of our thread before we post. :D:D:D

The title of this thread is "Lee Chong Wei fan here!".
    And tbleong started this thread for our LCW fans.

But it seems that non-LCW fans have infiltrated into this thread. :eek::eek::eek:
    In Australia, we can be very direct and say things like; "Please Go Away !!!".

Perhaps, LCW's fans are more diplomatic and/or they do not wish to be rude.

:):):)

#778 chris-ccc, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  19. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    If you mean 'consistency' in losing at the end, I'm all agreement.

His top rank has resulted from his participation in most of the top tourneys.
    But the Super Series Finals victory is his only gold lining in a long time :)

20. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Consistency in advancing so far so the loss comes at a late stage ;)

It is known that he has been struggling with the mental aspect.. but at least to me it is clear those times he is on top of his game that he can beat ANY other player in the world (even LD :) )

/Twobeer