Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    LCW's humble school, SJKC Berapit

Thanks to Pakito for the photos; But found no Badminton courts ??? :D:D:D

Looking at the photos, we should expect some Table-Tennis champions coming from SJKC Berapit.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    LCW said he used to play basketball before switching to badminton. See the basketball court?

3. flite

flite Regular Member

Come Monday, you should be able to place your bets as the official draw would be out. I suggest look to OTB instead of BET365 as he offer better odds (you can choose 2 players instead of 1 as per bet;))!! Pay out is not guaranteed though.:D

The last picture is actually the entrance to the badminton courts according to the signage. It might be closed at that point of time.

4. yeoldeman

yeoldeman Regular Member

NHS
  5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Too many distractions again. A joke to bring everyone there. ;)

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Got money, why worry. MAS can, SGP cannot.

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    not using Z-force ?

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sorry, double posting.

#8368 Loh, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Why must SGP be brought into the picture?

I hope you are not another trouble-maker.

10. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    Where it All Began

Ur welcomed. The badminton hall was closed at the time. I even had the opportunity to speak to the headmaster! He said LCW did train at Bukit Berapit but he studied at Jit Sin, another school. It was because his first mentor cum sifu was having the daily trainings of badminton babies at Berapit.

One thing that one notices at this Kampung Berapit is that it has a certain idyllic feel to it, the sort that one feels that a student has nothing better to do after school hours but spend time on sports, be it basketball or badminton. :p Yes, this was the basketball court where LCW's dad forbade him to play anymore because he was becoming an Indian boy due to all the time spent playing in the scorching hot sun! Even now that Berapit town has grown so much, it still has that 'idyllic' feel to it. So don't ask me why there hasn't been anymore LCWs springing out from this town anymore cause I don't know!:D

11. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    To me, the 'mental block' story is a old as the stars interpretation of a solution to LCW. That's just like saying water is wet! It does not take a professor to give a thesis on 'mental block' anymore. Even a grandmother who does not watch badminton at all knows that now.

But come and tell us how to solve the mental block, then I will open up my ear canals. :D

About this LD stare, I really don't think if this theory holds water. If LD can beat LCW just by depending solely on a stare, every player would be performing the The Rock's Dwayne Johnson eye stare like a wrestling match by now.:eek: You have to have the ingredients and quality to go with it. Try having Wang Zhengming performing the 'stare' at LCW, see if it will work. You can bet your house on it, that it WON'T.:D

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  13. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    The Gold Bar controversy

With the recent offer of gold bar by KLRC Andrew Kam, I feel the need to bring light on the matter of some bloggers taking a bad stance towards Kam and LCW. For Kam, because the blogger feels that Kam is taking the opportunity to promote his company products, the Australian gold bar, a company that is 'allegedly' a health menace to residence, and LCW for playing a part in it. :confused:

http://helpvictor.blogspot.com/2012/07/gold-greed.html

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    my post about it get deleted
    so wish u good luck.

15. flite

flite Regular Member

There are a lot of write-ups about these two giants of badminton especially when a big clash is soon expected. It shows that they are still the main crowd puller even after so many years on the circuit. The irony is, all these "news" were posted by those who are ever critical of LCW!;) Most of the time they brought along a hidden agenda.

Some of these articles made a good read (very educational) with plenty of valid points contributed by renowned badminton coaches, sports scientists, nutritionists, ex-greats and the players themselves. But after going through what this Dan has to say, it's like comparing a sports encyclopedia with a dummy guide.:D After all what do we expect from him? We can't compare a reporter with those sports experts when it comes to knowledge of the game right. Anyway kudos to him for his "contribution".:p

#8375 flite, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

All looking good for OG2012, looks fitter also ahead of the OG2012.. He is ready, the malaysia badminton team is ready.. ARE YOU READY?

17. superchop

superchop Regular Member

Sometimes its good to meet his friends/fans in UK, hitting the shuttles all the time will make LCW a dull boy.

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    The draw is out.

Here are some snippets.....

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/xinhua/2012-07-23/content_6518290.html

Excerpt: ...Having said that London will be his last attempt to win honours at the Olympics, Lee, 30, is suffering injury and trained currently in Bath. When asked about his situation, Tun Ahmad Sarji, Chef de mission of the Malaysian team only replied "it is a secret".

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/olympic-champion-lin-dan-open-against-evans-top-111952783--oly.html
    Excerpt: ...Top-seeded Lee Chong Wei, who lost to Lin in the Beijing Olympic final, drew Ville Lang of Finland.

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Chong Wei recovering on diet of porridge and soup

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/7/23/sports/11711620&sec=sports

Monday July 23, 2012

Excerpts:

...Chong Wei, the world No. 2, who has been receiving stem cell treatment on torn ankle ligaments sustained at the Thomas Cup in China in May, said the injury helped take some of the gold medal pressure off his shoulders.

“I have just come back from injury and there is less pressure. But it is my last Olympics so I want to win a medal for my country,” said Chong Wei, who also lost the world No. 1 ranking to arch-rival Lin Dan of China during his recovery period.

“I don’t feel the pressure but there is still a week. Maybe when I get to London I will start to feel the Olympic feeling and maybe then I will feel the pressure.”

...“A gold medal will validate my career. I don’t have an Olympic gold medal, my country doesn’t have an Olympic gold medal, this gold is important for me and for my country,” said the 29-year-old.

Malaysian team physio Sandra Fielder said Lee had made impressive progress from his injury.

“An injury like this would usually take six weeks to heal. Lee started earlier because we are so close to the Olympic Games,” she said.

“He stayed off it for three-and-a-half weeks and started training again, which is fast for that kind of injury. It was quite a severe ankle sprain.”

Meanwhile, the Malaysians are struggling to come to terms with the wet, chilly weather in Britain although temperatures are expected to reach the high 20°s by Friday when the Olympics get under way.

“We bring our own chefs. This is cold weather for Malaysia. So we need hot herb soup, porridge and rice,” said team nutritionist Chai Wen Jin. — AFP

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes