Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    it was sad case... i heard the cycling sports is not clean yet...

2. Halcyon.Days

Halcyon.Days Regular Member

All will be clearer (hopefully) after the 2nd test is performed.

3. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

And what exactly is the Malaysian Sports minister trying to prove, making a premature announcement when the B sample is not even tested yet. So will we get to see LCW playing in China, Hong Kong and Dubai?

#10143 tbgoh288, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  4. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

It's called damage control, since the minister anticipated that the **** is gonna hit the fan really soon.

5. losima

losima Regular Member

At at least my weiwei is still become developer and many osim chairs.

*hopefully won't strip that too!

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think it likely that LCW will skip the November's CHN Open PSS and the HK Open SS, he won't have the mood to play until the final outcome of B-sample is known. Similarly for the Dubai SSF which hinges on the verdict.

7. renbo

renbo Regular Member

You should be more realist.
    Those things do not please me at all. I would not be happy if I learn doping is going on in badminton, but I would not be surprised.
    As for "no country being communist", it is too lightly said, and we better stick to badminton and sports and avoid broad political topics.
    Many countries are touched by this, it is a modern phenomena and no one is above. But some organisations have more means and perhaps the urge to do so, that's all.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

You have to realize that commercial photos of topless male athletes are photoshopped to enhance their muscular features, such as the one with LD and XXF posing for a magazine.

9. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Guys, I don't know why some of you are so upset with me saying I would not be surprised if doping was inside badminton, and that China, among others, would face the challenge of using or not using it.
    Perhaps you do not follow enough other sports. Doping is a reality (sad I agree) of today's sport, and in many cases athletes that don't go with the trend lose their chance to compete at the highest level.
    As long as badminton was played by the folk of some countries, like INA and MAL, there could not be problems. But when big organisations with big means go into it, it becomes difficult to avoid.
    I am not competent to judge if the authority in controlling doping in badminton is good enough. Only experience with other sports tell me to be cautious, and above all not throw a stone to the players.
    Regarding cold war, I wish the rivalry between great nations would not be, but I am afraid it still go on.
    There is no need to think about my origin or bias about any nation. I am particularly found of China. But this is my way of thinking, it is not related to my feelings or my ideals.
    I remember in cycling the ones who talked about doping were ostracised in a similar fashion. But I ask nothing better then to be wrong on that case!

10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I agree with you, it was (and still is) widespread practice in the US and other nations, unfortunately. I did not go into this because the US is not into badminton.

11. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    That little slight my friend...
    Does appreciating players from other countries make you a fan of those countries, or going a little further, a traitor to your country?
    I don't think so.
    I would certainly like Saina and Sindhu to win, and often cheer for them. But it so happens that Saina has never been at the levels of a LXR. (I know, she has defeated her twice, and has also beaten every other player, including Wang Yihan, but the overall statistics are for all to see my friend)
    I hope some day in Sindhu we have a player of or above the level of LXR or Wang Yihan, some day perhaps. Let's Hope. It would be good not only for Indian Badminton but Badminton in general, if the second largest nation ( by population) gets seriously involved in the sport. Of course the domination of a sport by a nation is not the most desirable thing.

12. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Had you said like this before, I would have had no problems, but the language of your previous comment was very different and condescending.
    Also, of course I agree with you that doping is a hidden ill, which in many cases goes undetected. (Like the one with Lance Armstrong, who admitted this openly on air, after the little rascal has sold his book to millions of his stupid fans like me of course)

But, we cannot and must not live by this fear. Else the whole enjoyment of sport comes to an end. I obviously have no quantitative data over doping, but I would like to still believe its not the norm and the few cases in which it is indeed involved are caught.

And for realism my friend, Although the statement, "Yes! Finally LXR wins her denmark open title and she did a fabulous job, excluding if she tests positive for doping, is stripped of the title, and banned or she does dope but isn't detected.", may be factually correct, it is highly indicative and must not be used.
    That is the reason why I think that absolute trust must be placed in WADA, and the latter must make sure that doping, even if it happens, is the smallest of minorities in any sport.

13. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i just saw the announcement on facebook via badminton central via news :(
    i hope it's not true i really hope that it was a mistake :(

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

He looked brutal because he has such low body fat....the mass alone is easily achieved, and he is one of the hardest-training athletes out there. I believe he has a pretty strict diet and weight training plan, as well as (of course) good genes. Lin Dan probably has the same muscle mass, but isn't as dry so he looks different.

15. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    If you had said this I would have agreed much more...

16. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    Well said.

17. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    I truly believe it was a mistake, LCW doesn't need it.

18. visor

visor Regular Member

If it was a low level drug, like cold medication, it would've been a mistake.

19. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Let hope so.

20. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I'd agree. LCW is not dumb, there is far too much at stake on and off the court, for the sake of a small increase in performance you get with doping - which doesn't guarantee wins. Why would he? He doesn't need to prove anything, so why take the risk.