Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

It may be used as a masking agent for all we know

2. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Under the World Anti-Doping Agency's (WADA), 2013 Prohibited List, all glucocorticosteroids are prohibited when administered by oral, intravenous, intramuscular or rectal routes ( Stated under the S9 statement / SUBSTANCES AND METHODS PROHIBITED IN - COMPETITION ).

http://sportsanddrugs.procon.org/sourcefiles/WADA-Prohibited-List-2013.pdf

Why it is a prohibited substance because it's anti- inflammatory effects enhances athletic performance even though a lot of drugs that comes from this group of steroid is very common in treating asthma, allergic reaction and arthritis which include Dexamethasone.

http://sportsanddrugs.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=002037

SS

3. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

Dexameth... That's why he seemed a bit chubby lately! :)

Anyway, if it turns out to be a paperwork issue, they'll just do a Korea, blame it on the natoonal federation, and excempt him.

4. losima

losima Regular Member

What is real

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=530583&dl=1

4.4.2 Subject to Regulation 4.4.3, Players included by the BWF in its Registered Testing Pool and other Players participating in any International Event must obtain a TUE from the BWF (regardless of whether the Player previously has received a TUE at the national level). The application for a TUE must be made as soon as possible (in the case of a Player in the Registered Testing Pool, this would be when he/she is first notified of his/her inclusion in the pool) and in any event (save in emergency situations) no later than 21 days before the Player’s participation in the Event.

4.4.3 The only exception to Regulation 4.4.2 is that, in accordance with Regulation 7.13 of the International Standard for TUEs, Players not in the BWF’s Registered Testing Pool who inhale Glucocorticosteroids and/or formoterol, salbutamol, salmeterol or terbutaline to treat asthma or one of its clinical variants do not need a TUE in advance of participating in an International Event unless so specified by the BWF. Instead, if necessary, any such Player may apply for a Retroactive TUE after the Event in accordance with Article 7.13 of the International Standard for TUEs and Regulation 7.1.3 of these anti-doping regulations.

6. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Why so late? Why not do it asap to clarify the situation? this will just be in LCW's mind for another month??? and all kinds of rumor will just be like snowball become bigger and bigger....

#10286 Jonc108, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  7. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

the question is if you know you're not guilty would you request the retest the first instant, like the day you been informed of the positive result or wait until the last possible moment, one day before the deadline?

8. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

Maybe he is waiting for the confirmation from the medical team?

Even if it is LCW who is in question, I don't like the way the media manipulate the news. No name was mentioned in official statement but all the journalists believe that it was LCW. Guess that no apology will be broadcasted if the B sample is negative.

9. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

c'mon, a Malaysian that won something!
    what more clues do you needded?

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

A motivation for the alleged player involved in the issue.

0.1% chance is still worth to keep the faith

by rajes paul

Sairul Amar was tested positive for Dexamethasone in 2006, but was cleared after the B sample tested negative.

Sairul Amar was tested positive for Dexamethasone in 2006, but was cleared after the B sample tested negative.

KUALA LUMPUR: Many know this: once the A sample is tested positive, it is 99.9% impossible for the B sample to be negative.

But what they don’t know is that it is still possible. Just ask former international shuttler Sairul Amar Ayob.

In 2006, he was tested positive for Dexamethasone, That is the same banned substance that a current top national athlete is alleged to have been tested positive for.

Sairul, who was then playing for professional badminton club KLRC, tested positive during a random test in the semi-finals of the Dutch Open in 2006. He went on to win the title – his first-ever Open crown.

The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) banned Sairul for two months although the result of his B sample was not out.

He was then the country’s third-ranked men’s singles player after Wong Choong Hann and Lee Chong Wei.

“I can totally understand how this particular athlete feels right now. All I can say is relax, stay calm and keep the hope alive. There is nothing much one can do but wait with hope. It will not be easy though,” said the 34-year-old Sairul.

“Everyone should be given the benefit of the doubt until the result of the B sample is known.”

He was commenting on speculations that world No. 1 Chong Wei had failed a dope test during a major tournament recently.

However, no one has come out to officially name the athlete as they are awaiting the result of the B sample, which will be tested at a lab in Oslo, Norway, at a date yet to be fixed.

Sairul admitted that he felt jittery en route to Belgium to witness the testing of the B sample in 2006. Then, KLRC owner Datuk Seri Andrew Kam had paid for him to fly to Belgium.

“The lab was at a university in Belgium. I was so nervous. The doctor there told me that it was almost 99.9% impossible for the B sample to be negative. They were very surprised when it turned out to be negative,” said Sairul.

“I’m so thankful to Datuk Seri Andrew for believing in me and fighting for me during my tough moments.

“I was given only 0.1% chance ... but it was still a chance. I hope this athlete stays positive.”

Sairul continued playing for the country for three years after the incident before finally hanging up his racquet in 2009.

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2014/10/22/Chance-is-still-a-chance/

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Because the NST report stated 'won a string of tournaments', quoting unnamed BAM source
    The info given is : male player, participated in WC 2014, participated in AG 2014 & won a medal.

And - LCW withdrew from both Denmark & France SS. Connect this with Sairul Ayob's case, BAM didnt allow him to participate in tourneys while waiting for sample B results.
    - LCW was injured before WC 2014. This is connected to meds during player rehab, as concluded from replies from Sports Minister.

Yes, BWF, BAM and Sports Minister did not mention LCW's name, but immediately ppl will conclude it's LCW.

Msia media is like that, it was bad for Sairul Ayob also. It's just Sairul wasnt high profile player,so less attention.

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Very good question. Maybe hope the longer wait would cause the urine drug level to fade more?

13. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach

Hahahhaha.......i recommend visor to work with WADA

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    within BAM, I am sure there is a lot finger pointing and "I told you so".

In the past 3 weeks, they must have been thinking about the legal strategy going forward and PR responses once B Sample is also tested positive.

#10294 pcll99, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  15. doantram

doantram Regular Member

Student
    The Badzine FB page posted a quote from Tan Wee Kiong stating this:"Since the result came out, we fully supported Lee Chong Wei 李宗伟 though we were in complete disbelief, it was a shock for us as well, now we are waiting for the result and no matter what we will be supporting him.”

Since Badzine is quite creditable thus unlikely to fake an ex-player like the other Chinese news did and I assume that it's reasonable to consider Tan an "insider", so is it official now? Like everybody knows it's him, but nobody says it and it's like "He whose name must not be spoken"?

https://m.facebook.com/badzine/phot.../10152770931010890/?type=1&source=46&refid=17

16. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    It is "he who must not be named."

17. doantram

doantram Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, yours sounds better and more accurate.

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    How do you know he doesn't? :D

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    hey, moderators cannot reveal the identity of our members..... oh. ops..

20. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

7 mins, not bad