Lee Jae Bok's New Website

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by elderplayer, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

If you have any suggestions, please do let me know. I can't guarantee to fix everything all at once, but it's useful to get some ideas. :)

We've been having some problems with the camera getting slightly out of focus. I won't bore anyone with the details, but it's really irritated me and I intend to fix it.

We also just started using a new microphone, which seems to improve the sound slightly. Perhaps more importantly, it means the lapel microphone is no longer necessary -- which speeds up my editing workflow a lot. :)

...for now. One thing I like about the articles is the left-hand/right-hand switch. I've been planning to bring this feature to the videos too.

It's not going to happen right away, but I've been laying the groundwork.

#41 Gollum, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. MSeeley

MSeeley Regular Member

Professional
    I will just point out that for those of you who have purchased the online Peter Rasmussen coaching program from Badmintonlife, you can now watch the "inverted" videos as well - so its all covered with right handed demonstrations.

Perhaps this would be a quick fix for you Gollum? (probably some strange looking things regarding "ticks" being inverted - how strange!).

3. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

It's not quite a "quick fix", but I've been planning something like this for a while. It will likely involve encoding the videos twice, rather than applying a programmatic mirroring filter in the player (which would lead to the kind of problems you mention).

On the whole I've decided to stop using "left" and "right" and favour "non-racket" and "racket", for this reason. However, there are some times when that just sounds too confusing and unnatural. I'll need to film these sections twice -- but hopefully I can be smart about limiting how much needs to be re-filmed.

So essentially: yes, that's something I intend to do.

4. Mikael

Mikael Regular Member

Business

Sorry I never went back to you, a PM is on its way :) Still I don't want to stress you, with my crazy detailed views, as you already are doing a good and detailed job with the material as it is :)

MSeeley: - thanks for info on Peter Rasmussen online stuff...

5. devaaaa

devaaaa Regular Member

I subscribed to Lee's videos and I think theyre great.

Would love to subscribe to Gollum's videos, but dont have no credit card and paypal not working yet :(.

I agree that at a reasonable price is needed to run this kind of website. The amount of voluntarily donated money wouldnt nearly equal the income from subscription fees. Gollum and Lee charge a very little price imo.

6. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    Badminton Bible hasn't had a update for several months, I was thinking of joining. Not sure if the guy is still around?:confused: