Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Lee Yang / Wang Chi-lin

Discussion in 'Chinese Taipei Professional Players' started by minions, Mar 26, 2019.

1. minions

minions Regular Member

Let's welcome our newest TPE MD pair who have even more amazing workload than CTC. They were scheduled to played in Malaysia Masters and Indonesia Masters, but their debut was postponed. They started their partnership in Spain Masters and WON. They won't stop there as they will participate in 8 CONSECUTIVE TOURNAMENTS in 8 WEEKS. I don't see any players being come close to them in this area, not even CTC.

Here are the tournaments that they will join
    Spain Masters WT300 (Champion)
    German Open WT300 (R2)
    All England Open WT1000 (R2)
    Swiss Open WT300 (Runner up)
    Orleans Masters WT100 (Champion)
    India Open WT500
    Malaysia Open WT750
    Vietnam IC

They are now ranked 55 in BWF World Ranking. I believe that they can reach the top 10 at the end of this year.

Lee Yang was paired with Lee Jhe-huei, while Wang Chi-lin was paired with Chen Hung-ling, who is now become a coach. I'm sure that Lee Yang/Wang Chi-lin partnership will surpass their own former partnerships, respectively. TPE MD is in for serious contention in MD category.

duchoainguyen and kwun like this.
  2. sgFred

sgFred Regular Member

Engineer
    Not forgetting that they are also playing XD respectively.

3. minions

minions Regular Member

Turns out they withdrew from Vietnam IC. But, still, participating in 7 tournaments in 7 consecutive weeks is already amazing feat.

Baddie lover likes this.
  4. minions

minions Regular Member

5. duchoainguyen

duchoainguyen New Member

I actually quite enjoy watching them play. Second favorite (after Indonesia MDs :D). Unfortunately they lost to Minions today, but I believe they will be a serious threat to all the top MD pairs, as long as they stay injury-free.

minions likes this.
  6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Yeah these guys are one of my favourite pairings on the circuit right now. I love the fact that both of them can play the rear court and forecourt well and that they have a really good temperament.

As a relatively new pairing, it will take some time for others to work out how to play them. But from what I have seen, they have a lot of strong points and the makings of a very good pairing. I feel their defence can be better though as this seems to let them down quite a bit and they are not making use of WCL's big smash enough.