Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Even though she has a nickname, queen of mistake, it is quite true that LHJ is the top-most XD player in current Korean Squad. She's better than any others. Period.

She is super.

:)

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Off topic-LHJ's other nicknames..^^

- Yes, which i've given are Lee Hyde-Jung and Lee Hyo-Jekyll..;)
    - When you mentioned she's the "the top-most XD player in current Korean Squad. She's better than any others. Period", do you mean including men and women? if men, is she a better XD player than LYD? Or do you mean "the top-most female XD player in the current Korean Squad"?..

3. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

that leeyong dae chap should be thanking his lucky starz he won an olympic xd gol d medal already with the inconsistent lee hyo-jung.who knows he might not have another crack at winning it in the future with another ladies player. now all he needs to concetnraite on is winning the olympics md gold title.

4. hanilam

hanilam Regular Member

cc
    lets all pray for him to achieve all his dream and wish to hold, good luck for LYD and his partners, May God Bless you in all your involment in badminton from now and forever, whenever/wherever you are participate in badminton tournments. East, West North, South where ever in the world. GOOD LUCK!!!! LEE YONG DEA ALL THE BEST FOR YOU & PARTNERS. GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU!

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i believe he would:D

6. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    It's just a shame that LYD's partners are getting old. They're on the brink of retirement, most likely LHJ. LYD has formed good chemistry with these 2 players. If they're gonna change LYD's partner in the next olympic events, LYD has to start practicing with these young ones so that he could start building chemistry.

7. narnia

narnia Regular Member

You first need to pray that he will become a christian.

8. ceanne

ceanne Regular Member

student
    it doesn't matter what his religion is. i mean, each of us has our own beliefs. let's just pray for him the way we want to. it doesn't matter if it does not apply to him because he's not a christian

9. ceanne

ceanne Regular Member

student
    ranking

why is it so suddent that LYD and LHJ's ranking fell from no.1 to no.3? its kinda weird...

10. 241n00b

241n00b Regular Member

i think it's because they did not do well in the Korean Open or the Malaysian Open. They lost in the 1st and 2nd rounds respectively, and further more, the Chinese pair were able to win both tourneys and therefore this probably lead to the accumulation and lost of points in the ranking system. This is just my guess, and I don't know if it's 100% accurate.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

why they are no longer numero uno..

241n00b's guess was on the right track...partly correct.;)
    It's a combo of factos: them not playing enough tournaments (main reason) and them not finishing well.

As a starter, the last time Sundae Lee and JJS were no.1 in world ranking was back in 2009.

As for the MD winners of this yr's Korea Open and M'sia Open:
    a. LYD and JJS, not the Chinese pair, won this yr's Korea Open.
    http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=9C15FDD9-4FB5-4531-8743-7BB2606F66DD&draw=5
    b. But yes, they didn't do well in the M'sia Open. And no, the Chinese pair didn't win the M'sia Open either.
    http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/draw.aspx?id=F15EBDA3-810F-4BA0-B724-082AD0574938&draw=9

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    huh?
    they are saying lyd/lhj
    not lyd/jjs ==

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^whoops..^^

..i can't believe i totally missed that (thanks for reading and catching)..:p

Yeah, like 241n00b already mentioned, LYD & LHJ didn't do well in their first 2 tourneys this yr.
    But, ceanne, don't let your heart be troubled with their ranking. LYD & LHJ's total pts aren't far from the no.1 WR. Also, LYD & LHJ were ranked no.2 before middle of last yr., but they soon rose to no.1.
    They could regain their no.1 WR with the upcoming AE victory.:cool:

14. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

I Actually think that the XD pair of Ko Sung Hyun and Ha Jung Eung could be sacrifised for LYD, if the korean team would do that, Ko Sung hyun could play doubles with him and Ha Jung Eung XD, i actually think Ha is already better then LHJ.

15. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Yes. These young ones are getting better and better. Ko was sooooo amazing in the All-England.

I still can't tell if Ha is already better than LHJ. But Ha is definitely improving. But experiencewise, LHJ still has the advantage. When it comes to placement, LHJ is really wise. Yes, she's more erroneous recently. Perhaps because her reaction time is getting slower (due to age???). But she's quite well in making pressure shots, giving LYD an opportunity to kill or set up the shuttle for her to kill. But in time, Ha will definitely be at par with LHJ. :)

16. event

event Regular Member

Ha Jung Eun has already replaced Lee Hyo Jung in WD but in 6 tournaments, they have yet to light the tour on fire. Ha partnered Lee Yong Dae as a junior, of course, and they won the Asian Juniors in 2005. They also played two tournaments together - Japan and China - in late 2007

17. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

like i already wrote,that Lee Yongdae chap shouldbe thanking his lucky ssttarz as he's won the Olympic XD Gold. he just needs to concentrate and get the Olympics MD Gold. and a world chapmionships title would be welcomed as well.

18. narnia

narnia Regular Member

His injury seems like coming back. I thought it was too early for him to participate in big tournaments like All England Open, even in two categories.

He needs "sufficient" period of rehabilitation and would be better for him to participate in one category for the time being.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yes, get some rest, which should be enough with 2 months til the Thomas Cup. Can even skip the Swiss Open SS.
    And yes, he should just be playing exclusively in 1 category in that event.

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hey!
    stop working lyd so hard can ya kba?:mad:
    i know he is the only title contender u have in ss tournament
    but please,u need to let him had a good rest!:mad: