Lessons for MAS coaches

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by pjswift, Aug 23, 2007.

1. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    U r meaning that LI MAO is greater coach compare with Yang Yang/ Han Jian /FKX? MAS achieve nothing under him for MS department. Except some minor improvement on LCW's tactical game.. But then it is LCW own determination of improving after so many years emerging into international badminton arena but get too little success to be proud of...

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I didnt say that. Suggest you read my posting again. :rolleyes:
    You said that MAS do better with chinese coaches. I merely pointed the fact to you that other than the TC 92, MAS had nothing to show.

3. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Agreed, I don't think it will make much different by changing coaches. Just look at what we have from the past as coaches in Malaysia :
    Yang Yang(Chinese), Morten Frost(Danish), Park Jubong(Korean), Indra Gunawan(Indonesian), Misbun/Yap Kim Hock(Malaysia), Rexy(MD, Ina), Li Mao(MS, CHN), ...
    They all achieved almost the same results, no major title except MD under Rexy(AE, AG). I think the key is still the player. I don't think any country has that many coaches turn around as Malaysia and I also think we are heading to the wrong direction by hiring more new coaches as replacement. Malaysia players already have the skill requires to win but not the mental.

4. smashko

smashko Regular Member

Its not just the coaches or players, it is more about how the whole team is managed. As I pointed out in my previous post, MAS needs a LYB type head coach to let the players train in a competetive environment and learn to cope with the pressure in every day training. Don't complain about lack of good coaches or talented players, MAS has hired world class coached over the years and you have a pool of talented players. Your players are doing ok except in realy big events. That is a indication that they can not handle pressure.

5. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    MAS TEam training environment can't be compare with Chinese players.. There is more than 100 players in their national training center which is capable to become world beaters... While in MAS National TEam.. How many of them are above or even on level with LCW at this moment?
    Lack of the competitive sparring partner may caused the setback for him. If the situation continues like this. Don't be surprise LCW can't get any great results in the major tournaments as before..
    MAS do have some promising Juniors, but they still not be the same level to gauge a "competitive" training environment for their current seniors.

6. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    that's why i thought an oversea stint will be good for our shuttlers. just so they will spar with different players. just like other players come to malaysia to spar with our players. that is what nicol david is doing too. china is an exception because like samuel said they have hundreds of players to spar with. i wonder if we do that, i mean sparring matches with other country's players like indonesia and india and thailand and other, will we be able to come out of this rut. maybe it will be beneficial to other countries too. who knows, maybe then we would be able to break china's domination. :)

7. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

i think players should be in quarantine before the match, i offen saw especially KKK hanging around out side stadium with some friends just before his match started....players should be stay focus for the matches...not letting them meeting their friends....relatives...taking photos....and more importanly inhaling 2nd. hand smoke....i personally saw it happened in ABC 2007 and WC2007...and the result...is bad

8. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    mind to list out those who gone bankrupt?
    if this is sensative in public, mind to just private message me?

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

JS, RS & the other RS. ;)

10. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    my god! all in the family! :eek:

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

You know why KKK does that??? It is because he is a pampered player with a prima donna attitude. Our players just dont have it to be winners period.

12. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Thats Msia for you la.

13. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    So,BAM was very quick then.recruited Yang Yang as a spparing coach to strenghten the coaching set-up for singles just after Yng Yng say goodbye to badminton.Really quick,right?

14. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    YangYang is great player & could be a great coach too. Too bad he is bundle out by politics affair in BAM Administration. If he remains till now. I m pretty sure MAS would have more than just LCW for today..

15. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    for all of us here...sighhh...:eek:

16. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    [​IMG]
    REXY MAINAKY

NATIONAL doubles coach Rexy Mainaky will only focus on Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong and Choong Tan Fook-Lee Wan Wah in preparation for the Beijing Olympics gold as the rest of the senior pairs have been bugged by inconsistency throughout the year.
    Not that Rexy has totally left out the four other national pairs — Tan Bin Shen-Ong Soon Hock, Fairuzizuan Tazari-Zakry Latif, Chan Chong Ming-Hoon Thien How and Gan Teik Chai-Lin Woon Fui — from his plans but the bitter lesson learnt in the World Championships debacle a fortnight ago was a clear indication that Olympics are not about exposure.

None, except Chong Ming, has the experience of playing in the Olympics and Rexy wants proven players in Beijing rather than untested combinations.

Tan Fook-Wan Wah, the World No 6, reached the semi-finals in the World Championships while Kien Keat-Boon Heong, the World No 2, are good enough to challenge for gold in Beijing as they are on par with the top pairs.

"At the moment, I will only be focusing on Kien Keat-Boon Heong and Tan Fook-Wan Wah for the Beijing Olympics," said Rexy in a telephone interview from Hong Kong yesterday.
    "I must rely on quality and experience and these two pairs are the picks now. I will send them for super series events regularly to stay in the top flight and also improve their world ranking.

"I’m not totally counting out the rest. A country is allowed a maximum of three pairs if it has three or more pairs in the top four ranking and we can consider another pair if that happens.

"This means the rest of the pairs will have to work very hard and prove that they deserve a place in the Olympics."

Rexy cannot be faulted for being cautious as Bin Shen-Soon Hock and Fairuz-Zakry were total letdowns in the World Championships.

Bin Shen-Soon Hock lost to Japanese pair Keita Masuda-Tadashi Ohtsuka in the first round while Fairuz-Zakry, who were offered the wildcard ahead of Chong Ming-Thien How , were thrashed by China’s Guo Zhendong-Xie Zhongbo in the second round.

The pairs have also been not performing in other tournaments over the last three months while Chong Ming-Thien How and Teik Chai-Woon Fui were also equally inconsistent.

Producing better results alone will not help their cause but they must start winning at least the grand prix tournaments to be considered for the Olympics.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong have won five titles - including the Doha Asian Games gold in December and the All England title in March — while Tan Fook-Wan Wah have more then 13 years of international experience.

Tan Fook-Wan Wah is the only pair in the current national squad to have played in the 2000 Sydney Olympics and the 2004 Athens Olympics. They reached the semi-finals in Sydney and were beaten in the bronze medal playoff by 2004 champions Ha Tae Kwon-Kim Dong Moon of South Korea.

Only injury could stop Tan Fook-Wan Wah from competing in their third Olympics and this means their compatriots must try to break into the top four to give themselves a genuine chance of qualifying for the Olympics

this is called lessons for MAS coach.Rexy give too much hope to his boys.See what happen ?.Rexy finally down to earth again.But whatever it is,Rexy is great coach.really great i wont doubt it.

17. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Even though we have a great coach, great settings up, Perfect Administration. Awesome facilities.. This does not guarantee a player into success.
    LCW skill wise can compete with any player in the world. But his mental weakness also among the worst of many outstanding players.
    We can see clearly from Wacha & Anup games that they both are not having the skill level as with LD/TH/PG.. But they still manage to win over some of World's best player .. The key behind their win is simple... Mental's power ! The have faith in them self while in court they can beat any 1 in the world..
    Another opposite example is XXF, she herself also admit before that match that it could be an tough one.. But according to LYB, its her mind during the game which is totally out-focus & out-play by a player which she never being beaten before..
    Did Anup / Wacha etc have a great coach as in China/INA/MAS... I doubt so.. Not to underestimate the ability of their coach... I just wanna prove that A coach is nothing if any TOP players under his/her guidance but failed to achieve desirable results on court due to lack of mental's strength.

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

And what's wrong with being bankrupt before as long as they learn from it. Just means maybe they were not as smart financially as they are in badminton or perhaps they trusted the wrong people.They are still making significant, positive contribution to the (MAS) badminton world, are you?