Let's conclude it, Lin Dan is the best MS baddy player in human history.

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Wong8Egg, Mar 9, 2009.

1. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

second that.....

2. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

third that.....

3. gjoo888

gjoo888 Regular Member

Fourth that..........

4. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by Ayabrea [​IMG]
    I just watched the his match against LCW in the Thomas Cup, Lin Dan is back, but IMHO, he is a shadow of his former self, he is not the Super Dan that we saw in the 2008 Olympics. Its great that he can against LCW with more finess than his 08/09 aggressive style, but I personally feel that his 08/09 aggressive form suits him more. In this match, you can clearly see LD's net game is weaker and he isn't using his signature jump smashes to pressure LCW. His 08 Olympic final was so dominating, LCW could do almost nothing against his onslaught. Hopefully Super Dan will return in the next big tourney, its a shame to see a top level player on the decline.

Ayabrea

Fourth that..........

Fifth that......

#284 laivc, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    lin dan has come back from his 5 to 6 months of off-form performances;)

yes during the thomas cup he was the most outstanding player, great control in the court and beating every player in straight sets:cool:

but will he keep up the same form in the following ss tournaments after thomas cup?:D

no, he won't and in fact he only play in the china league starting may to august:eek:

then probably or most likely he will surface in the wc in august, less than 3 weeks after the china league ends;)

during this period he will not have enough quality time for his training and he will lost a lot of ranking points:eek:
    his seeding in wc will be affected and his performance is questionable in view of the above:p

6. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    lol... because he heard lcw retires is 2012? lol

7. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Second, third, fourth, fifth and sixth that!!:p:p

8. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    And the answer is NO!

9. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Nothing to do with 2012, you just felt the world in very near the end for you at your age.:D

#289 Aspire, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  10. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2010-05-27/12375005824.shtml

在汤杯决赛第一场击败陶菲克之后,这位印尼昔日的奥运冠军感慨地说,“现在的时代是属于林丹的。”如果能够在今年的亚运会上夺冠,林丹将实现奥运会、世锦赛、汤尤杯、苏迪曼杯、世界杯以及亚运会的“全满贯”,这样的功绩可谓是羽毛球运动员的巅峰。不过,林丹并不认为自己是当今羽坛最强的球员,“每个人在职业生涯中都会有起伏,陶菲克仍然是世界上成绩最好的球手,我还有很多东西需要向他学习。另外,李宗伟等人的实力也都很强,我还算不上最好。”
      谈到下一个目标,林丹毫不犹豫地对准了2012年的伦敦,“离伦敦奥运会开始还有不到两年半的时间,在这段时期之内,我会全身心投入,充分做好备战,争取到时候能够有好的表现。”

Summary in English:

After defeat by LD in TC final, TH said, "This is LD's era." If LD will be able to win AG, he would be able to achieve the "Full Grand Slam" (OG, WC, TC, SC and AG), which would be the summit achivement as a badminton player. However, LD does not reckon himself as the best player as of today. He said, " Everyone would have up and downs in a professional career, TH is still the player with the best achievements, I still have a lot to learn from him. Besides, players like LCW are also very strong, I am not yet the best."

Talking about the next target, LD clearly pointed to OG12 in London. He said, "There is less than 2.5 years to go, within this period, I would do my utmost best to prepare for it in order to achieve good result when it comes."

11. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    LOL if world ends in 2012 it's in december I believe... Then the OG would have been played :D

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

the "full grand slam" should include the All England...But then, TH never won it, so he probably thought the AE is no longer considered a "grand slam" event:p..IMO, the AG is not a "grand slam" event, maybe a "mini slam" event..Same thing also with the T&UC and SC as they are team events and team events rely on other players' performance..

#292 ctjcad, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    u should not post this to hurt some bcer

14. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    wow... that is a very humble gesture.... ;)

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..just saying the right things to say laaaahh..a bit diplomatic too..(of course, deep inside we don't know how he really feels)..

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Based on achievements and almost a decade now that LD has been consistently at the very top, they say when you are at the top, everyone would want to shoot you down and while it may be easy to reach the top but darn hard to keep it, I don't think anyone will dispute whether LD is the best baddy player in history...it is a matter of how high he set the bar when his career is over after OLY12.

17. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    otb, i have to dispute that but probably not if you change it to 'he is one of the best baddy player in history' ;)

18. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Let's include him in the top 5 :D

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..as for LD being the best baddy player in history, i would say he is arguably the best baddy player in this current (his current) MS generation history (last 10 yrs or so)..In the overall baddy MS history, if he wins the AG this yr, i would put him arguably in the top 5; if he wins the 2012 OG, i would put him in the top 3...if other baddy phenoms come along in 20, 30 yrs, time, they might eclipse LD's rank in history; but, imo, it'll be very tough..

#299 ctjcad, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Holly banana, you guys are fast:D Xtimes in the past I have said I rate LD the best in baddy history strictly based on achievements (Wcs, AEs, OLY gold) i.e. a benchmark for comparison and I type too fast aka blazing speed:D to forget that line:p;). I never compare to past eras as there is no end to arguments. If I would to pick one game to rate the best player in history, then it would be ZJH in AE90 final, the single greatest display of baddy I have ever seen, LD's OLY08 and TC10 would be second and third to that one but that would be my personal opinion.

AG10, IMHO, is because TH won it. Just that tennis have 4 Opens to make a Slam, so baddy needs 1 to add to AE, WC and OLY, and so AG become the oddity. There is no European participation as they have their own EG, so what is AG so important to be included in a Slam? I would say OLY12 is the mother of all biggies:p:D. Winning gold 2x would IMO be the single greatest achievement of them all in baddy history, OLY comes 1 in 4 years, that is a lifetime in the playing career of a baddy player. Even if LD win OLY12, that only makes it 2 try out of 3 (he lost OLY2000 when he WR1), that proves it is so difficult to repeat gold:);)