Let's conclude it, Lin Dan is the best MS baddy player in human history.

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Wong8Egg, Mar 9, 2009.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
  2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Absolutely, Lin Dan is simply The Greatest !

Do you all remember last year at the Thomas Cup 2010, the match between Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei in the CHN-MAS Semi-Final? Lin Dan was awesome, total domination,master class,just like his Beijing Olympic victory over Lee CW, winning in style with a score of 21-17 and 21-8 ! Imagine 21-8 in the 2nd game, who can do that to Lee CW?

And he proved it again this year (thoiugh the score was much closer,but that's not the point) by winning the World Championship for the 4th time, against none other than Lee CW. One more time, look how he tamed Sho Sasaki in the just-concluded Li Ning China Masters, a not-easy-to-beat world ranked number 9 player, by a score line of 21-15,21-6!

Anyway,in my humble opinion,the best testimonial or confirmation is from other great badminton players, whether his peers or past masters, and you have two of them saying so: Peter Gade and Morten Frost.

Well,somebody might think of a way to poll all the top 50 players in this generation and as many of the past renowned players as possible, including coaches, to see who they regard as "The Greatest of All Time". I am sure their views count more than ordinary amateurs or nobodies like me.

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Sometimes, being the best player is not only about titles won. It's about how they play the game, and how dominant they are.

Lin Dan is also there.

Lee Chong Wei is a little behind in this aspect, but far behind in terms of titles.

4. flite

flite Regular Member

After 2 years and 25 pages of mixed opinions, Lin Dan "the best MS player in human history" is not conclusive.

Its as simple as that.

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Listing titles to gauge the best MS in human history is nonsensical and mind-numbing. How would a previous era MS win an OG or AG or WC if it s not available for winning? But LCW is better than LD for the following reasons:O. LCW takes out a CHN army of MS including LD,to win a title. LD takes out LCW to win a title,often with teammate assists.O..LD achieves his super level with super support from super coaches and match analysts, super sparring partners including LCW clones. LCW achieves his super level with limited/limiting coaches and sparring partners, amidst constant disturbance from BAM CTC hovering around ready to claim credit for a possible history making win. How LCW manages to rise above BAM politics and obstacles to reach his super level is mind boggling. LCW is a rare gem! LD is a most decorated gem!O...LCW matches are always great to watch, regardless of his opponents, largely because of his exceptionally fascinating, feather-light movement.

6. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

U said it like as if LD did not work for all his victories... LCW only has to take out a CHN army to win titles a few times in a year during tournaments.. But LD has to take them out on a daily basis. if not, would you think he can still be the no.1 player in CHN? no! LYB wont let him stay in the team if he's worse than his teamates. they dont just blindly help him win titles if he doesnt deserves it. LCW has super supports fr coaches and BAM. They bring in ALL of the other singles players in the team to spar with him, just to make him better and win titles for m'sia. They doesnt care about his sparring partners at all. All their job is to spar with him.

7. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

LD is the best WOer in human history, that's no joke. The joke is: LD is the best in the human history.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It's unfortunate that Lin Dan's fans always give credits to Lin Dan; but not to Chen

IMHO, there are 2 ways of looking at it.

(1) If LD thinks he is the best, he should try to win in every tournament that he has entered.

(2) If LD thinks he is the best, he must not allow his lower ranked CHN players to win by 'walkovers' given by him.

If I were Chen Long, I would feel embarrassed that many people think that he has won a title only because Lin Dan allowed him to do so. :crying::crying::crying:

It's unfortunate that Lin Dan's fans always give credits to Lin Dan; but not to Chen Long. :(:(:(

#428 chris-ccc, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  9. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    So let's conclude, Lin Dan is the best MS baddy player in human history ... with assistance of course :D

10. Koyori

Koyori Regular Member

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I do agree he is the best WO in the badminton history.

11. youngboy1984

youngboy1984 Regular Member

Lin Dan is the greated player in history thus far. Lets compare LD to LCW

as someone stated
    LCW get 2 AE, LD get 4 AE
    LCW get 0 olympic, LD get 1 olympic
    LCW get 0 world championship, LD get 4 world championship
    LCW get 0 SC, LD get 4 SC
    LCW get 0 TC, LD get 4 SC
    LCW get 0 asian games induvidual, LD get 1 asian games induvidual

head to head = 17 : 8 for lin dan

Now lets look at world ranking, LD was ranked number 1 for a few years, now that hes a bit older he is focusing on winning big events to put the finishing touches on his legacy, rather than playing a bunch of events. He put in so much work he deserves to preserve himself for the big tournaments.

When people talk about LCW they say ''ohh thats the guy we want to see play LD' when people talk about LD they say 'thats the all time great'

12. yves.

yves. Regular Member

Student
    Whilst all of these statistics are true, I don't think LCW is the man you should compare with Lin Dan because Lee Chong Wei misses the very big titles to be considered as one of the real GOATs, similarly to Peter Gade. But he's the biggest rival of Lin Dan nowadays and an awesome player.
    I do believe that LD is the greatest of all times btw.

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Actually LCW does not require his teammates as sparring partners. He got to where he is without their help. On the contrary, LCW will help raise his teammates standard when he set aside time to spar with them.

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

LD lost to Wong, again just to avoid another CHN teammate if he advance. What a shame!!! You call that the greatest?? I don't

15. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

LD loss to wong wing ki of hong kong at least proves that he's a human and he's beatable:cool:..:D

16. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Not really true.. The most progress he made as a player was when being coached by Li Mao from china, who was a big part of chinas inner circle and team, who left the Chineese squad after a fallout with chief coach Li Yongbo.

17. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

This claim is laughably ridiculous. If you have watched the Malaysian team's training videos, it is very clear that BAM gives LCW plenty of support by having three or four lesser players spar with him at the same time, and probably more in the wings. How such training will raise his teammates' standards is beyond me, but maybe you can enlighten me. And if you claim LCW does not require his teammates as sparring partners, I would really wonder how LCW trains at home.

18. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

And LD trains one on one?? Give me a break. 3 vs 1 is a training method use by all countries including CHN and LD. CHN is a lucky country, they can tap a super large pool of players to bring LD to his standard today (or yesterday I should say). How a skinny guy like LCW can raise beyond LD quality with such limited resources, I think is incredible. 100% credit should be given to all people who made what LCW he is today, but to me the largest credit should be given to LCW himself a workaholic badminton maniac and a warrior in his own right. Badminton world is grateful to have him as an ambassador. Not to mention, one that always gave his 100% in court.

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Yop, LCW should send you an autographed racket for your praise with thanks:D Just hope Datuk play smart in SF tomorrow to LOSE... but I don't think he will do it as I expect LCW to fight like a warrior or a samurai or a ninja as you say....:p

20. S.fusion

S.fusion Regular Member

Ok, may be LD is the best but will he be remembered as a great player in times to come? To be called a great player is much harder, it takes into account beyond the skills, the personality. I will call someone a great player by seeing how much he contributes to the world of badminton, like what Tiger Woods has done in golf. Although his reputation has been tainted by recent *** scandals this does not take away the fact tht he has single handedly changed ppl's view to golf, because of him, the prize money has ballooned multiple times to the benefits of all pro. Players as well as increased the general exposure to the game all over the world both golfers n non golfers alike. Sadly, I have yet to see anyone equivalent in badminton.

#440 S.fusion, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2011