Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Tbh it sounds more like you shouldn't be using the DZS at all. By cutting 2lbs on BG80 you're pretty much using mostly the string, fingers, and wrist to aid in your power generation instead of using all of the above combined with the shaft as it should be.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

2. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Ermm it just seems to me its too high a tension for you. Try 24-25lb first.

It is vital that you are playing badminton comfortably. With a proper shuttle, racket and string tension, you should be more concerned

I. whether your stroke is correct.
    II. Where you want the shuttle to go

rather than struggling physically (worst with pain) to hit the shot.

3. weingseen

weingseen Regular Member

I truly understand and appreciate your guys comment.

Tbh I was also a little suspecting if it was the dzs that caused such injury as prior to this, I was using nr900 and also vtzf1 4u at 28lbs. I doesn't wanna be those crybaby who blame the racket for own injury... Only gotten this injury quite recently, half a year or so maybe.

Then again prior to this, I was still lifting weight and taking my supplements rather sufficiently. (stopped for 2-3 years, arm muscle circumference shrinked 1-2 inches, hurt my heart where muscle was hardly gained and loosely gone...)

I think playing too much could be a cause of my injury too. I always played 2-3 times/week for a 2 hour session but recently especially this year, I have had almost 4-5 times/week.

I took video of my own game and i can safely assure my posture and follow through action is somewhat comfortable. I'm quite particular about posture and technique too.

I could only hope the best from this racket towards my injury as it was not fully recovered. I rested for 1 month during these time plus going to chiropractic and after reducing the tension, the pain never come back during or after gameplay, only unless you apply pressure on it.

4. weingseen

weingseen Regular Member

Had a friendly tournament today and after warming up with N9ii, I have the confidence to use it straight.

The transition is smooth, no mishit no nothing, so far so good.

I had a few out of position return where I'm very sure if I had use dzs, I would not be able to return it and even if I did, it would be a weak return.

This thing is fast.

5. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Just pain on the elbow, it’s fine as Long as I’m using the n9ii, don’t wanna try using the N7II at least for a good 2-4 months

6. weingseen

weingseen Regular Member

I have a few suggestions for you to lookout for if you have pain on the elbow.

1. Your direction of racket when smashing, just to be sure, if you're right handed, should be going to your bottom left.

2. You shouldn't fully extend your elbow on all your hit, always leave a very VERY small bend. No hit should inflict pain.

3. Your pronation and supination during power plays.e.g. During when you exert the most strength.

I too once had elbow pain when I started playing and the reason was I fully extended my elbow+lack of pronation/supination.

7. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Elbow pain is mostly caused by wrong hitting technique, correct me if I'm wrong? Used to have elbow pain back when I was younger and smash a lot, now it's long gone since I had changed play styles, no longer play to win but play for fun and sweating.

Another solution is maybe you don't have to throw all your arm to hit the feather? try to use more wrist power instead of your arm might helps a little bit I guess..

8. weingseen

weingseen Regular Member

I am no pro at this but I agreed with you, wrongly executed technique.
    And yes, don't throw your arm at it.

Im simply highlighting few factors for him to look at from my personal experience so he could actually know where to start from.

9. Thebestbees

Hi there, thanks for the tips.. will taking extra notice to them when I’m playing next time

10. weingseen

weingseen Regular Member

After today's session, even though I have not fully utilise it I believe I can safely add another 2 to my collection, 1 green 1 pink :p:D

I'm in quite bad form today but this stick is forgiving comparing to my DZS for sure.
    Power generation is easy with this racket, just have to get used with the med flex.

Talking about med flex, I have a little hard time doing continuous stick smash during mid court and net because it have the tendency to pull the head down and it's kinda dragging it to return it back to UP position. Maybe because I exert too much force on it.

Smash block. When using my DZS, my return wouldn't go so high above the net that opponent can come for a kill but in today's session, ALL of my block return is so high that I have to say sorry to my partner.:oops:
    I believe its the med flex that did the extra job.

All the while, my racket is either stiff or extra stiff and its my first time playing with med flex. It really need some time to get used to it but overall I'm really happy with this racket.

Gave few of my friends to try it, they simply tell me don't come poison me anymore! :cool:
    It's really a easy and comfortable racket to use and somehow they managed to resist my temptation :p

11. Thebestbees

The green/bronze version is the one with Tontowi signature right ? Is there one without the signature ?

12. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

There are 4 versions -
    1. black/pink
    2. purple/green
    3. black/orange (Tontowi Ahmad)
    4. black/bronze (Fu Hai Feng)

13. Thebestbees

I saw a purple/green with the Tontowi Ahmad signature and is that a legit racket too?

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Yes. That's the last colourway under the N9II name.
    Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

15. Thebestbees

Went down to the shop wanting to get the purple/green n9ii but there were stocks for the black/pink version so I immediately bought that instead of the purple/green !!!

Now I have 2 black/pink n9ii beast !!! Love it !

16. Joannes

Joannes Regular Member

is there a difference between n9ii tantowi edition and the normal n9ii?
    If no then i will try the dark side too

17. Parth Nayak

Parth Nayak Regular Member

They are the same apart from colour.

18. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

Nice, congrats mate!!!

19. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I had the Ahmad edition n9ii, before I broke it, and two original n9ii, and they felt the same in my hand. So for me, it's safe to say they are the same other than the different color scheme.

Depending on your playstyle and preference, the dark side might be the perfect fit, like a nice fitting glove .

20. guantou

guantou Regular Member

might i suggest that u look up tennis elbow or golfer's elbow?

look up youtube for various stretches for the surrounding muscles as they might be contributing to the elbow pain

and also grip size might affect it too