Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

Ok.. the club in which I play use plastic shuttle so for now I will stick to bg80power..

Btw. Have anyone tried gosen GT5 strings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

You have tried and loved medium/hard feeling string (BG80P) and tried but did not like a harder feeling string (BG80) why not try a softer string like BG68ti or BG65 (not ti).

BalajiSethuraman likes this.
  3. BalajiSethuraman

Have tried bg65 in my zforce2 @25 lbs it was good.. but some have I didn’t get the control that I used to get from bg66um. Now that I moved to n9ii from Zforce2 I am like not getting this wow feeling sound when u smash. Make no mistake shuttle travels faster..

I am not a big fan of just sound from strings but more in the control and precision from strings with sound..

4. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Give 68ti a try. It has good repulsion and supposedly a good sound but I was not that impressed by the sound. As others have said in numerous threads, it is hard to recommend strings for plastics as many subtleties are lost.

I notice the same difference between voltric 80e and n9ii. It must be the racket construction. Yonex solid core must make the racket resonate very differently. Also, BG66um has a metalic "ting" sound compared to no1 in the voltric and it is even more obvious in the n9ii. It simply sounds different. I currently have BG66um and BG80 in my voltrics and No1 in my n9ii and n7ii. It is subjective but I think the BG80 in a voltric sounds better most of the time, just big smashes with the n9ii and n7ii with no1 can sound like gun shots. BG80 wins for control and feel though. I have never tried BG80P though.

BalajiSethuraman likes this.
  5. BalajiSethuraman

Bg80 power is a bit more repulsive than bg80 but same character. U will not be disappointed

6. weingseen

weingseen Regular Member

I believe 'lacks of precision' due to more flexible shaft of N9ii.
    My transition from DZS told me so, took me 1 good week to get used with the flex.

You should try adjusting your timing and reduce your energy when hitting.

When I first used N9ii, ALL of my net shot are at least 1 feet above the white tape. Literally headshot opportunity...
    I have been using stiff racket all the while from Ti10, NR900, vtzf, dzs so it felt very different.

But frankly speaking, this racket is so forgiving and easy to use, and with it's aeroframe, fast too.
    Although N9ii is not a HH racket, you can feel the head weight. It caught me off guard when I was playing halfway due to the weight but boy the speed of the swing is compensating it. I was surprised.

The only impulsive purchase that I did not regret after few weeks playing with it :p

Can't say the same for dzs, vtzf and nr900 except for vtzf 4u :cool:

Sumanth99 likes this.
  7. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Anyone else noticed weight differencies between n9ii rackets?

My green/copper one is almost 1 g less head weight than my black/blue/pink. It’s very noticeable when I swing it.

Then my n7ii sits right in the middle - 0.5 g less head weight than the black/pink and 0.5 g more than the green.

So these two n9ii’s are very different rackets. I’m using the green more because it’s much easier to swap between that and the n7ii. Then when I pick up the black/pink I’m too slow and hitting the bottom of the stringbed. But I’m pretty sure that it’s the green one that is off spec.

8. Valourarc3

Valourarc3 New Member

Is the green one the Tontowi version? The listed balance point on that one is slightly lower than the regular n9ii

9. Swat

Swat Regular Member

double post

10. Swat

Swat Regular Member

No, I don’t think so. If it was, it should have been a signature on the cone, I think...

11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

1 g difference in head weight is surprising. Are you sure that you've measured both with the same grip/string setup? I also owned also both color variants and they were only 0.2 g apart in head weight and ~0.3 g in total weight. I still preferred the green/bronze one and sold the black/pink one when an opportunity came along, but that was mainly because I fancied the paint job of the green one more. ;)

But just for the record, that green N9II is still my go-to racket. Simply works for me every single time I take it out of the bag.

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The Ahmad signature version looks like this (but isn't any different in terms of specs btw):
    [​IMG]

Khamenman likes this.
  13. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    This looks very similar to 75C

i

14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    The 75C colour is basically the old N9II Ahmad.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Sumanth99 likes this.
  15. Valourarc3

Valourarc3 New Member

i have the green Ahmad n9ii and it was listed as 295mm balance point. When I compare it to my black pink N9ii, I can feel the difference in head weight.

16. ice man

ice man Regular Member

My 3 N9ii black pink weight exactly 88gr and are all three at 295mm balance point...

17. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    Confirmed, I have 3 TC75 and 3 green N9ii, all are basically the same...

18. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Tried again with the scale.

pink:
    89.6 g overall
    41.5 g head

green:
    90.2 g overall
    40.8 g head

This is with string (same on both, zymax 66fp) and same grip setup (two layers cushion and LN gp1000 overgrip)

It would be interesting to see when completely dry if I get the chance later. Anyway, it doesn’t matter, because I like the green :)

19. Benoit Lenquette

Benoit Lenquette Regular Member

20. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Club mate wanted to get rid of his N9II and made a price I just couldn't resist.

Say hi to my twins:
    [​IMG]

Both were produced in the same production lot, so a good chance to learn something regarding production tolerances. Both share an identical grip (RKEP G10 on bare wood) and string setup (LN1 @11,5/12 kg).

Sibling #1 (total & head weight):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sibling #2:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I have to say that I'm positively surprised how well the red strings are matching the colours.

sp00k, Saru and SaintDragon like this.