Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Very wise words sir. But you just don't have to jump on each and every train that's passing by. Instead invest some time, sweat and effort and you'll get times the effect that any new racket can make. I know we all know that fact deep down inside, but sometimes it's worth mentioning it once more.

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Sure, but buying a new toy is easier though... :D

Saru, It'sMeMeMe and s_mair like this.
  3. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

but if he wants to spend money in badminton industry you should encourage to do it - it is a goood thing :)

4. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Honestly, stick to the 88D like all the other advice given. You will almost certainly be disappointed with any LiNing racquet because it will not have the same solid feeling as the 88D, not to mention the shaft from yonex really is still much better from my experience. You can feel the access to power much more even with a very stiff shaft from yonex, but with LN the shaft is just softer to help with flex. The 900C for example, has a stiffer than usual shaft by LN standards, and it's very sluggish in the fast exchanges. I can drive better with a zf2 or AX99.

Quentin11 likes this.
  5. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

Agree with you guys.

Yeah i'll stay with the AX88D because it is doing almost everything I ask it to do except a few times.

But i have started training with my tennis racket, we'll see today how the AX88D will feel.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That's just stupid. You can't possibly predict that, and I quite strongly doubt that there's no LN racket that feels as solid as the Ax88. They used to be the most solid out there, and I haven't heard anything great about the Astrox to make me believe your claim either.
    I don't necessarily disagree with your general advice though, if you're happy with your equipment and just want sth new to improve in a certain area of your game, I'd normally advise anyone to just spend more time practicing that thing instead of hoping to shore up weaknesses with new toys :D
    That said, nothing wrong with trying new stuff if you can afford the expense. Just don't expect miracles ;)

7. llrr

llrr Regular Member

You're probably right. I have a bit of a biased view right now because of my experiences with the N9ii and 900C.

8. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Tbh I don't get the hype about the Astrox Series. IMO it plays like a 10 years older Yonex and is nothing which belongs into 2018. Retrofans will love, but for me it isn't an improvement/more a small step back compared to the Voltrics. Anybody should play what he/she likes, but I often made the experience that judging rackets only make sense with same set-up. I always disliked a racket which was not my prefered set-up even the ones I owned.

I agree that it is a bit of trouble to find an x-stiff shaft in the LN portfolio on the other hand, if you compare totally different types of rackets it's normal that the bias of your bag, with preferred string and tension and grips is very strong compared to a demo at 22 with BG65 and the fabric tape on. IMO very difficult to narrow down something of a racket to a specific thing like the shaft and honestly speaking if you come from an older Victor you will never experience solid feel with Yonex. :p

9. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

I've been swinging my tennis racket while practicing badminton swings.

The AX88D felt like a toy for the first 30minutes of my actual practice! Then it got normal again!

I'll keep training with my tennis racket until the AX88D feels like a toy for at least 5hours :D

If I can make that work then I will not need any other racket! AX88D would be the best I can ask!

P.S. I despise it a bit currently because AX88D helped in beating Momota :S

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The N9ii gets described as too heavy most of the time, so it's no wonder some people have a bit of a disappointment when they're looking for a solid racket. It's certainly not the lightest out there, but it follows the current trend of lighter, faster rackets. I miss something akin to the N90 and N70 of old :(

11. llrr

llrr Regular Member

People think N9ii is heavy? I think if anyone thinks N9ii is too heavy they need to work on their technique.. I think the solidity issue mainly comes from the sword frame shape, which is also the problem I have with the 900C. They're not actually bad racquets mind you, but being used to box frames, it's really hard to be happy with the feeling of sword frames. As for the N90, a store here still sells them, but then again, why not just go straight for zf2?

12. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Then I never got your "flyswatter"-joke. The worst situation is to explain a joke, but now I'm curious. :)

13. MusclePower100

MusclePower100 Regular Member

I own both the N90 and ZF2. I like both racquets but I prefer the N90 over the ZF2 because the N90 is similar to the AT700 1st gen and it is not as stiff as the ZF2. So it comes down to personal preference

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

What? I really don't get it. I always said it's a light racket. Many users here have described it as an even balanced racket, akin to an Arc11 for example, which it isn't imop.

15. decoy

decoy Regular Member

You find it lighter than the Arc11, right?

I honestly found the n9ii insanely lighter than what it's being touted as on here.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yes. Same here. The N99 is significantly heavier and currently my lightest racket for days when my shoulder really really doesn't cooperate.... :D

17. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

N90 isn't as stiff, has a full size head (=bigger sweet spot) and a super solid feel that I just haven't seen matched by any later racket. Just a different racket. ZF2 is basically its more doubles-suited brother, so to speak

18. Quentin11

Quentin11 Regular Member

VTZF2 is more doubles suited?

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Than a N90, yes, if you go by the general idea of doubles=faster racket/singles=heavier racket. The ZF2 being stiffer also means it can be more tiring to use in singles where you play lots more clears, a somewhat softer racket will basically help you a bit on those.
    Personally I wouldn't recommend either to anyone below semi-pro level that's not pretty strong physically, and generally would recommend the 4u ZF2 over the 3U for most people. Still fairly heavy, but more manageable and not quite as slow in defense in doubles. That being said, there's loads and loads of people who buy racket too heavy/stiff for their own good, either because pros use them or because they like the aesthetics. Just yesterday I saw a girl in training with a ZF2....a head shorter and at least 10kg lighter than me, and I'm already on the light side and shied away from the ZF/ZF2 when I tested them...guess who had a slow, unexplosive swing and trouble on defensive shots :D

Saru and ucantseeme like this.
  20. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I really agree with that and came across many male players who scale down the tension to 20lbs with their ZF just to make it work. Also these guys who get tired and switch after 2-3 games to a different racket are a candidate for using the wrong racket. I never got why this racket is so popular for average users. I also spoted a woman a few weeks ago at a tournament using a DZS and her defence was not really existent.

IMO a lot people rely too much on winning rallies with the smash and forget all other aspects of the game. Especially the opponent will try to prevent somebody from smashing. A guy at my club had developed a carptal tunnel and needed a surgery after he started to use the ZFII a half year ago.

I like the idea of Li-Ning with the TD and TF. You get close cosmetics and can choose what you prefer. IMO a bunch of lower level players would be better off with a Li-Ning than a Yonex.

Mr Arc2 likes this.