Li-Ning Racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by DonnyGan, May 17, 2009.

1. Dreamzz

Dreamzz Regular Member

so, does the website actually mention what the difference is between these racquets?

ie head heaviness, stiffness, material etc?

2. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    Me too......it's too risky buy something new with price as same or higher than market leader....
    Yes, i aware also about their low end product but Li Ning start launching product since they have contract with China National Team and used in this Sudirman tournament. Before that Li Ning only known for making Basketball and Running equipment never heard about badminton equipment especially racket :D

3. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

Their strategy was excellent. Get Team China to use it...launch the racquets at the same time when they start using it and win the Sudirman Ciup.

Price skyrocket. Immediately come up ahead of the game.

Wonder how Yonex is going to counter this...

4. Leoximus

Leoximus Regular Member

Sales n marketing manager
    Not just in badminton, I saw Ivan Llubijic using Li Ning racket in tennis as well, if i'm not mistaken he used to use yonex tennis racket..

5. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    I have faith in Yonex. The price with LN is a joke. I'm not ready to spend over 1500 RMB to buy a new brand high end racquet just because Team China win the cup. You see, there is a place for Yonex in every heart, just LN hasn't achieve this...

6. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    ^
    hehehehehe i'm willing to spend more if the company have a long track record in their business, like i said it was too risky spend that much for newbie.....Yonex loosing their grip at the National team but look at the shuttle and floor, all Yonex :D

7. Shuttlekok

Shuttlekok Regular Member

Er... not sure how this Li Ning thing sound but seems like they are attemptin to take over the badminton scene. They just have to launch the lower ends racket at lower prices and I guess most mainland Chinese will buy them since it is made at home and there's a sense of loyalty invoved.

But just like anyone who are not in mainland who have seen the quality issues raised with China made goods in the last few years, many would think twice about buying the rackets, esp the high end range and even more so when they are priced above Yonex current high end rackets! Why should I buy a high end LN when I can get the highest end Yonex for less?

So for now, I am still with Yonex having used them for so long and have been satisfied. The logic is simple: If something is working perfectly ok, why change unless it offers much better benefits at a lower cost??? :)

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Racquet manufacturing is a very low tech business. They don't even know about the different grades of prepreg and their application. I know because I have asked them to make a few racquets with prepregs they have never heard of-I had to specify to them the material name, grade, and where to buy them. Higher tech companies that make prepregs come and visit the racquet plants and ask them to try their new materials out.
    Li Ning must have searched all the sources for the best prepregs and probably got their affiliate Kason to make thousands of models for the whole Chinese national squad to test them until they are satisfied with what they are looking for.
    This is the first time where a racquet brand has been 'designed' by the Chinese national squad. Maybe, Yonex should take a leaf from this. Chinese style is power and speed.

9. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    Yonex doesnt need to counter it.

LN should be aware that counterfeiter will soon make some and sell. thus, bigger money than making Yonex.

10. changhuei

changhuei Regular Member

Student
    Regardless. I'd still be supporting Yonex for now as they still give me the most consistency out of all the brands. Especially JP models. xD.

11. sihker

sihker Regular Member

*yawn*. Racquet = handle, shaft, head. Yonex, Winex, Sotex, Li Ning, what is the big difference :D If a company manufactures more than 5 different graphite racquets, I can find one, that I can play with. High level players wih their brand/model preference is just a marketing fluff.
    I would happily trade in my foolish purchases of YY AT-700 4U and RSL X2 Pro for money :) They are unforgiving racquets that require skill. With my intermediate skill I can buy four racquets for each of them, that produce the same result.

12. bluecraze07

bluecraze07 Regular Member

I believe with the new player of Li-Ning in the badminton market, it is a great step for the badminton market. Although their prices are very high, I believe they will still end up being very popular with people in mainland.

13. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

Not to sound racist or offend any chinese forumers here. But do you guys know how much people are making in mainland china?
    I think only a small minority of the people would actually consider buying the high end ones with most opting for clones.

14. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Even though everyone in this thread agrees that the racquets are over-priced, but N90 is already sold out in the bbesport website. No wonder Li Ning is such a successful businessman. :)

15. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    You will be surprised to see the spending power of people in big cities like Beijing and Shanghai. I talked to a teammate in Beijing and he is paid almost 20000 Chinese dollars a month (2500 US dollars) with 5 yr experience. And they are willing to spend money on top of the line products like 3000 Chinese dollars cell phone. :eek: 50 inch LED TV.....

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    do the math, small % times billions = still alot lol

btw, i think u had way underestimated chinese buying power these days:rolleyes:

#36 cooler, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
  17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u know why LN can afford to out bid Yonex? LN has advantages in china that yonex doesn't have. Here are some:

1. all made in china, so higher margin
    2. LN has clout in getting fraud police unit to crack down on any chinese counterfeiters. Yonex? it would be like ya for the police... we'll look into it.
    3. If caught, penalty levied on chinese counterfeiters would be very severe because it's now not just business fraud but treason----> harsh treatment (i don't need to go into the exotic details here:D)

Likely source of of any LN counterfeits would like come from TW, india, and likely sold in market outside of china.

#37 cooler, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
  18. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    China have a vast majority like UK and other countries of different earnings from different people. You will be amazed how Rich, wealthy some of population is in china are.
    Also, i believe like some others LN coming into badminton is healthy and good for the industry. Price is steep, but like when yonex released there new rackets, eg ARC 10, the price after discount was more affordable.

19. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

It's interesting some of the players are not using the rackets marketed by them though... I think some of the pictures from Sudirman cup showed Cai Yun using what looks like the BCL racket and the tomboys were not using the white/blue racket either....

20. alternat0

alternat0 Regular Member