Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. phorge

phorge Regular Member

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Are you a GOAT Photoshopper ?

'' I have seen some good photoshoppers but phorge makes them look like amateurs. Phorge is the art of photoshopping , an experience.'' ~ Viktor Axelsen

3. phorge

phorge Regular Member

Check link above.

4. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    :D:D:D:D

5. Nine Tailed Fox

What's up Old Man ?

Why have you entered Denmark Open ? Your legs are gone so what's the point of this struggle ? Do you want to play in Dubai at the expense of Chen Long ?

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

If Lin Dan still wants to carry on to keep LCW company, he can't afford to miss too many tournaments or he'lll be forced to play in the qualification rounds of SS tourneys. I think Lin Dan is just keeping his options open for the time being.

7. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

At his current points tally, I think he can go on 6 months vacation, come back, and still be top-32.

But I like that he doesn't take the foot of the pedal :)

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You're probably right, he can afford to take a six-month break but at age 33,no spring chicken, he'd most certainly require a longer time to regain his form if he does so, what with waning motivation a bigger issue than ever,I'd expect.

9. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    Lin Dan and Lee Chong Wei will play in Tokyo 2020!

"Memang belum pasti. Tapi bila ada perubahan tersebut, maka saya dapat bertanding lagi di Olimpiade Tokyo," kata Lee Chong Wei. "Bahkan Lin Dan juga dapat bermain karena sistem skor 11 poin otomatis membuat pertandingan menjadi lebih singkat."

"Kami pernah merasakannya dan punya pengalaman tentang hal ini. Pertandingan yang lebih singkat lebih baik buat kami karena kami dapat mengendalikan kok."

"Although it's still uncertain (with BWF to change the scoring system). But if the scoring system will be changed to best of five in 11 points, I will play in Tokyo Olympics." said Lee CHong Wei" Even Lin Dan will also play because 11 points scoring system will make the matches much shorter"

"We already have experience and played this kind of scoring system before. The shorter games is much better for us because we could control the shuttles".

http://olahraga.kompas.com/read/201...n.lin.dan.berpeluang.tampil.di.olimpiade.2020

10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I think the shorter the games, the more likely there would be upsets. The longer the games are, and the more likely the better players end up at the top.

11. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    I would say they will adapt their play just like when they went from 15 points to rally point 21 points. The game will also change but certainly LCW is saying it's an advantage for them (the older players) compared to the rally points.

12. renbo

renbo Regular Member

That's for sure. It seems like a bonus for the attacking players, as well as the "no-mistake" ones. But I don't know why LCW said "because we could control the shuttles". Does he mean he could play with patience, not being afraid of having no gaz anymore after two games?

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

11-point on rally system, no need to be on serve to score point, is good for older,less fit players, as there are more intervals.

I guess what LCW meant is they are more experienced and skillful so can control the shuttle better , that is superior stroke play, to gain an advantage over the younger, less experienced players.

But seriously, I still doubt LCW and Lin Dan can last until Tokyo 2020. I suspect they will try it out for a while to see how it goes. I believe three or four years is sufficient time for everyone to get used to the new scoring system and make the necessary adjustments, by then I think the supposed advantage LCW spoke about would disappear.

I find it hard to believe one 38, LCW, and the other 37 years old, LD, can really match the much younger and fitter players in a physically demanding sport like badminton. However, it's still beneficial to have the two eminent veterans around , if only to generate publicity and create more excitement and interest in the sport, as well as help to school the younger and not-so-good players a bit.

Don't tell me, Lee Hyun Il, Hu Yun, Sho Sasaki, Boonsak Ponsana, and a couple other 'old fogeys' (just kidding) are thinking along the same line. :):p:D

14. LordGopu

LordGopu Regular Member

How reliable is that website with the LCW quote? That would be crazy if LCW and LD play again.

15. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    One of the most reliable media for Indonesian. Here's another one from badminton planet.

http://www.badmintonplanet.com/badm...lay-until-2020-under-the-11-point-system.html

Kuala Lumpur: Badminton World Federation (BWF) have given serious consideration for implementing the 11 X 5 scoring system recently. BWF is experimenting the new scoring system on selected tournament from September 2016 through 31 December 2017. Analysis from these played tournaments will be considered by BWF Council at its Annual General Meeting in May 2018.

[​IMG]
    Hope Lee Chong Wei could play until 2020 Olympics.

Although a lot of badminton players and badminton associations are opposing the idea of this rule change, World No. 1 men's singles player Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia said the 11-point scoring system could provide distinct advantage to some experienced players.

"The 11-point system could make the game much shorter. This is good for senior players like me and Lin Dan, especially when we know how to control the momentum and rhythm of the game," said Lee.

Lee Chong Wei talked to reporters while attending an incentive presentation ceremony held for Rio Olympics winners.

The Malaysian badminton superstar also revealed that if he is still in good shape, he may join the Malaysian team to participate in the 2018 Thomas Cup tournament.

Lee Chong Wei received RM50,000 while the men's doubles pair Goh V Shem/Tan Wee Kiong and the mixed doubles pair Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying received RM50,000 per pair at the incentive ceremony.

In order to test the new scoring system, BWF has invited all Level 3 BWF Grand Prix, all BWF Level 4, and all international sanctioned junior tournaments taking place between September 2016 and 31 December 2017, to test options for a new scoring system played with “best of five games of 11 points” with one of the following formats for setting:

1. Setting to a maximum of 15 points; or

2. A three-point decider if the score reaches 10-all.

There will only be a one-minute break between games.

Setting Option 1 – At 10-all, the player/pair wins the game when a two point lead is achieved, or first to 15 when the score reaches 14-all.

Setting Option 2 – At 10-all, a 3 points challenge will be played where the first player/pair to score three points wins the game. The score for that game would be displayed as 11-10 (3-2), 11-10 (3-1), or 11-10 (3-0).

16. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    LCW, I guess is still very curious with Olympic Gold while it might not be so much for Lin Dan. Later in the Indonesian article he mentioned that he with the support from Tey Seu Bock and Hendrawan are now preparing for World Championship next year . Let's see if BWF will pass this 11 points best of five scoring system.

17. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    http://www.news18.com/news/badminto...mpt-lee-chong-wei-for-tokyo-2020-1292271.html

New Format Would Tempt Lee Chong Wei for Tokyo 2020
    AFP

First published: September 14, 2016, 12:40 PM IST | Updated: 7 hours ago
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lee Chong Wei. (Getty Images)

Malaysia's world number one Lee Chong Wei said a new scoring format could tempt him to extend his career to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and take yet another shot at an elusive badminton gold medal.

The 33-year-old's interest has been piqued by the Badminton World Federation's (BWF) experiments with an 11-point, best-of-five system, instead of the traditional 21-point, best-of-three format.

Lee said Chinese fellow veteran Lin Dan, a two-time Olympic champion, may also be persuaded to play on under the new system, which is considered less physically demanding and therefore better for older players.

"Nothing is confirmed yet, but if there is indeed a change I could very well compete at the Tokyo Olympics," Lee was quoted as saying by the The Star newspaper on Wednesday.

"Even Lin Dan might play on as the 11-point system would mean shorter matches... which is better for senior players like us.

"We certainly have the experience. Playing in shorter matches is definitely better because I believe we can control the shuttlecock better."

The BWF was not immediately available to comment on the new scoring format, which was trialled last week at an under-19 event in Malaysia.

Lee had previously said that last month's Rio Olympics, where he finished runner-up for the third Games in a row, would be his last.

Despite failing once again to deliver Malaysia's first ever gold medal, and a doping ban last year, Lee enjoys superstar status in his home country, where the BWF is based.

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    since when did LCW become BWF's spokesperson?

19. Nine Tailed Fox

Nope, I prefer 21 pts system.

Tekkai likes this.
  20. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

So do I. Matches are short enough, in my opinion. Imagine a doubles match with Setiawan/Ahsan with the new scoring system...

Tekkai likes this.