Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Why suddenly I felt like I should look for my dictionary and make sure if I had gotten the meaning of "praise" right all this time:D:D

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think you meant "...victory evaded/escaped him" :D

Saru and Nine Tailed Fox like this.
  3. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    i don't know whether to sue you for copyright infringement or pay you to do all my postings.

4. lippro

lippro Regular Member

Just watched the replay of LD's match vs Momota. Holy, can LD even play a rth straight drop shot or a proper smash anymore?

5. super-g

super-g Regular Member

Interesting match against Momota. Now that Momota is also not able to play at higher tempo it looked to me Lin Dan has better shot quality but Momota still moved a bit better. Bit unlucky to lose second game from being 18-14 up, surely Lin Dan would have won third game.

6. Master

Master Regular Member

It's part one, the second part is in Hong Kong Open the upcoming tournament.

So, to be continued... :D

garra likes this.
  7. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

If China can only send two men singles players to Tokyo who are within the top 16 seedings, does LD have to drop out of that range to be able to qualify? Because CL and SYQ will most def be in the top 16 then. Please correct me if I interpreted this wrong

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

What the hell are you on about....a country can send more than one representative if they're both in the top 16. Otherwise, they can send one. There's no way to send 3 anymore (used to be possible when all 3 were in the Top4).

9. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Ok. I take it this was the same in 2012? (Obviously not in 2008)

So this means he has little to no chance of playing in 2020?

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

As it is now, his chance to play in 2020 is very little and close to zero. But it depends on how the players perform in the qualification period. Seeing how fragile SYQ is physically and mentally for the time being, we can't know if he could keep competing consistently during the qualification period, assuming that LD could start performing more consistently and gradually improve his form to get himself up in the ranking.

Looks like LD is feeling challenged at the moment to win over Momota. Who knows he could find something that could work nicely for him. Or maybe he could start smashing or move better.

11. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Lin Dan played better than last week though he still lost the match. Didn't really like the camera angle this time.

And it would be nice if he could return the shuttles in a more considerate way though:cool::D

12. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

I think LD will retire within a year. Maybe the China Open in October/November next year will be his last tournament.

He is running on fumes now. If Shi Yuqi and Chen Long are both healthy, there is no way he will be sent to the Olympics on China's behalf. And his ranking will continue to drop as his game degrades. It's unfortunate that he is not able to keep up his game the way LCW has kept up his game at such an old age. And LCW is even one year older than LD. But that's life. Taufik went downhill before he hit 30 years old so for LD to still be the best player in the world up to 2014, that in itself was a feat.

13. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Today he looked inspired/motivated/was fighting until 14 all or sth.
    Remember who he lost to in hk and China... The most inform player!
    If he would play like this he definitely would not lose all the time.
    Whether he can go really deep in tournaments is still questionable.

Somehow I think he will pull out at least one good result in his remaining carrer

14. badminton fancier

badminton fancier Regular Member

He said in an interview after last week match that he aims for Olympic 2020 and has no intention to retire at this stage.

15. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

At this rate, I can't see the Chinese national team picking LD over Chen Long. And if Shi Yuqi is healthy, I don't see them picking LD over Shi Yuqi either.

If LD wants to go to the 2020 Olympics, he needs to outperform Shi Yuqi and Chen Long. And that means he needs to start winning again.

Somebody mentioned that a player from a country needs to be in the top 16 in ranking in order for a country to send 2 players to the Olympics. At the rate that LD is losing, I don't even know if he will be a top 16 ranked player by 2020.

16. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Lin DAN : I will push either Long Chen or Shi Yuqi out of Olympics participation

[​IMG]

Ques : Why you wanna do that? You are old and unsuccessful in recent years. What makes you think you can do that?

Lin Dan : Because I have no major injuries. My body is completely injury-free. I will play almost all tournaments in the Olympics qualification cyle, even starting from January. For this will require Decathlonian stamina, I will pour my heart out in winter training Camp. I will do all to qualify for 2019 World Tour Finals which will prove decisive in Olympics qualification over Long and Yu qi.

Ques : What do you make of your third match with Momota ?

Lin Dan : You know what? He was under more pressure than me throughout the match but such a pity that I made few errors in the third game while leading or else the outcome could have been different. You all should notice that I am improving with each match with him. Reading him better, reacting quicker but the unforced errors need to be cut. I am coming for Tokyo Olympics Gold.

Ques : What do you feel about Kento Momota in General ?

Lin Dan : His Physical Condition is very Good. His Gameplay is also very difficult to counter. A very difficult opponent.

http://www.hkopenbadminton.org/post/300

https://m.mingpao.com/ins/instantne...HxVb42wOHHvWsi3Cs2xP_8FQhBRExPsvbuWxFEmlNhgqE

DarkHiatus, Justin L, yuquall and 2 others like this.
  17. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Its good to hear he still has the motivation, I was worrying he might not even qualify for Basel WC next year.

18. mohans

mohans Regular Member

“, I will pour my heart out in winter training Camp”

Yay, way to go LD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I never knew LD could be so modest. So touching.:)

Saru, Sdrqaz and mantoufist like this.
  20. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Are you serious? Planing on overtaking either Chen Long or Shi Yuqi in the Olympic qualifying period is not modest but only wishful thinking if you ask me. :D