Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. GingerCorslette

GingerCorslette Regular Member

Did anybody knew of that rule beforehand? 6th tournament of the same tier will not count - is that how it goes? Then would that mean he had to play that final knowing his entire trip to Korea was for nothing? Ofc he had prize money and medals, but the ranking points is what he would've registered to play for primarily. Wouldn't it? I hope somebody can confirm whether those points concerned are WTF or OG related

It might, I mean not even a fist pump or anything after scoring a point

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

My guess is (almost) nobody care or read all the rules:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I don't think even every personal in BWF knew about this. The authors of the articles didn't either, he talked about Chan/Goh wouldn't get any point from Korea Masters because they were top committed players. But he included Lin Dan's name in the ones who could still have chance to qualify for WTF after playing in Korea.

The rule was that top committed players only allowed to play 4 Super 300 and apparently BWF had already made exemptions for LD to play in Australia Open.

"2.8. Top Committed Players are allowed to play a maximum of four Grade 2, Level 5 Tournaments unless BWF give a special exemption or provided that the Player participates in all Grade 2, Level 1-4 Tournaments. World Ranking Points will be deducted for participating in more than four Tournaments if the requirements of clause 2.8 are not met."

LD had played in : 1. Thailand Masters; 2. German Open; 3. Swiss Open; (After qualification started) 4.New Zealand Open; and 5.Australia Open (exemption).

No idea if LD knew about this when he registered. They should have told him when he registered or they didn't bother. If it was for the points, I guess all his trip and effort were in vain. He should have skipped those extra (pointless) 3 Super 300 before the qualification started.

3. LenaicM

LenaicM Regular Member

Enjoy :D

buibui2 and Justin L like this.
  4. Pagz

Pagz Regular Member

I wish BWF videos had the same video quality :(

5. GingerCorslette

So... what's his next tournament? Has he called break this year and resume in January?

6. GingerCorslette

Too bad they didn't include his point down 19:20 on the deciding game, versus LCW on Rio. That will go down as one of the best rallies in badminton history. Too clutch.

Simeon, buibui2 and LenaicM like this.
  7. Neel Dhebar

Neel Dhebar Regular Member

Don't think there are any tournaments left (at that level). I guess Malaysia Masters/Thailand Open 2020?

Train hard buddy!

8. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

http://www.enanyang.my/?p=1324558&f...qhZV8eCLU23ZfZSy2f_m8H-tePGxHpaBXuf1wq1EjGXO0

虽处境不佳 林丹征战东奥信心不变
    Although the situation is not good, LD still has confidence in his quest to play in Tokyo

(福建29日电)在莆田参加活动的中国36岁老将林丹表示,尽管现在 自己处境不佳,但征战2020年东京奥运会的信心和决心依然不变。 上周的韩国大师赛,打进决赛的林丹不敌日本23岁球员常山干太。由 于积分不够,林丹缘悭下个月的世界羽联广州年终总决赛。 全年8次一轮游 对于第5次征战奥运会的机会,林丹说:“我觉得应该会有一定的影 响,但不一定每一个人指望着这一站总决赛的比赛。因为毕竟到明年 5月1日前还有很多站比赛,我相信如果能够把后面做得更好,也能够 把分数再拉上来。” 林丹全年8次一轮游,最新世界排名在第16位。 林丹说:“(之前)没有朝着自己期望的方向走,接下来就是冬训时 间。这次冬训5至6周,前两周以体能为主,后面再转到技术方面。”

While taking part in an event at Putian, 36 years old LD express his confidence and determination in his quest to play in Tokyo, despite knowing the present situation is not good. In last week Gwangju Masters, LD lost in the final to japanese 23 years old KT. The lack of ranking points mean LD will miss the year end WTF. Referring to his 8 first round exits in this year, LD said : "I think there will be an impact, but not everyone will count on this WTF to have a bearing in the race to Tokyo. There are numerous tournaments till 1st May 2020. I believe if I do better in the latter stage, my points will go up." Presently WR 16, LD said : "(the past) did not go in the direction I expected. Coming up is the winter training which last for 5-6 weeks. The first 2 weeks is mainly on physical, then switch to technical side."

林丹表示自己的2019已经有了些许改观,但冬训无疑是至关重要的节 点,希望未来40天的厦门集训能给自己带来质的改变。 “希望教练和一些朋友的建议,让我在2020年最后冲刺的时候能够有 更好的表现。”

LD felt there things have changed a bit in 2019. Now the winter training is the key, hopefully the coming 40 days team training at Xiamen will bring qualitative changes to his game. "Wish the suggestions from coaching team and friends, will enable me to perform better in the final sprint in 2020."

9. ghooga

ghooga Regular Member

Bean Counter, Student
    B8B7B56E-AC30-4745-96A2-41906EAEC2FC.JPG 637B4732-BC8B-4283-B758-220152A7B8AF.JPG CDA0453D-A640-49BD-AAAC-12A5215AF563.JPG

This is not new, just sharing. Interesting modeling pix in there.

Attached Files:

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Frankly, I never like this particular image crafted by the sponsor company concerned. It's good he's stopped such activities, at least for the time being, and I personally hope he'd be more selective in future, choosing those products and services and projecting the kind of image that is more in accord with his personal core values and as a role model.

11. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    -

#12131 Sundis, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2023
  12. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

start of video...LD said : "I think there will be an impact, but not everyone will count on this WTF to have a bearing in the race to Tokyo. There are numerous tournaments till 1st May 2020. I believe if I do better in the latter stage, my points will go up." (this is the same words as carried on the papers).

-2:25... yesterday night at Fujian, Futian, LD met many old friends, including his former national teammate Bao Chunlai. they were formerly known as the twin stars of china badminton. at the 3rd Mazu Cup, LD partner Bao in a doubles match against Xu Chen and Hong Wei. not only did LD win the exhibition match, he also win the support of Bao. the more difficult the circumstances is, the more legendary the accomplishment.

-2:00... Bao : "LD has his own way of thinking and doing way. i hope he can show his best in the coming tournaments to fulfill his dream of playing in Tokyo."

-1:40... LD : "things did not go in the direction I expected. Coming up is the winter training which last for 5-6 weeks. The first 2 weeks is mainly on physical, then switch to technical side."

-1:22... although LD is not trained in MD, he was the most focus player in the exhibit match. everytime LD return to his hometown, it's like a new beginning for LD.

-1:09... LD : "i started badminton at 5. now i'm 36-37, so i have been playing for 31-32 years. i can honestly said till now, i still remain true to my original aspiration. after so many years, i still want to be world champion, olympic champion. i wish i can still journey on even under difficult circumstances."

-0:39... Bao : "in my impression, LD is one who live and breath for badminton, just like the title in his book, he will journey on until the end of the world."

-0.22... LD felt there things have changed a bit in 2019. Now the winter training is the key, hopefully the coming 40 days team training at Xiamen will bring qualitative changes to his game. "Wish the suggestions from coaching team and friends, will enable me to perform better in the final sprint in 2020." (same as reported above)

-0:05... Bao : "if LD really put his heart into doing something, i believe he will do well, and i'd support him."

CLELY, Cheung, fnd80 and 3 others like this.
  13. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

14. Neel Dhebar

Two weeks, two Danes.
    LD faces Jan O Jorgensen in the first round of the 2020 Malaysia Masters and Viktor Axelsen in the 2020 Indonesia Masters.

Let's hope he can continue his path to Tokyo and pick up a few wins.

15. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Can you tell me who is ahead , him or Shi Yuqi?

In race to Tokyo.

16. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  17. Neel Dhebar

Thailand Masters, another tough opponent, no. 3 seed Ng Ka Long Angus, against whom he has struggled in the past.

18. Neel Dhebar

19. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Doubt it. LD can beat Jorgensen at Malaysia Open. His record in Indonesia as well as against Ng ka long Angus is abysmal.So he will likely lose in the first round at Indonesia and Thailand Masters. To collect points for Tokyo, he can't skip Malaysia Open.

Btw, bwahahahaha... The way writer phrases that Momota's task has become easier by Lin Dan withdrawing... It seems he is still living in 2015.

trizzforce likes this.
  20. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Lin Dan starts the olympic year 2020 by losing in R1 to Jorgensen.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.