Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.
They have the CBSL commitments?
Like they say, hate the game not the player.
Please don't get me wrong. No one is hating the player. I respect LD and love watching him when he plays. But that's the key: when he plays!
Again, maybe it's not his fault. Just maybe, he would play much more if it were his choice. So then, whose decision is it as to how much he plays?
And the bigger question: Why would his value to the game degrade the value of other great players to the game?
To sum up: Do not hate the player, and do not hate the game. Do not hate, period. But keep your eyes open to the games that people play, if you know what I mean.
P.S. CBSL is a very, very recent thing. It doesn't explain what went before. And it sends a slightly partisan message to the rest of the badminton world.
I do agree with you and what you have said.
But I think LD is a special case whilst others are constrained truly by the CBSL for otherwise they would have participated most of the SS and other tournaments.
I think there are many factors affecting LD's participation e.g.
1. He wants to preserve his fitness for big tournaments as he is the only one presently capable of stopping LCW, and he needs to be in shape to win AG and play beyond this year... He is not getting any younger and all these years of hard training must hve taken it's toll. Rightly pointed out he has not been arching his back in his smashes as he used to.
2. Maybe he has really lost the desire to go out of the country and play in these tournaments and to train day and day out like he used to when he had the absolute goals he needed to establish himself as a legend of the game. These days he earns so much from promotions such as adverts for LN, Gillette, some car brand etc... and has a high media profile, it's hard to keep yourself motivated with so much distractions, and put in the effort that a aspiring player goes through. So one must really commend LCW's work ethic even to this day.
No lah.... Its XXF. Blame it on her... This guy is getting too horny. lol.
And you think this is justified or fair to the badminton community? Let's stop for a moment and think about what may happen if LCW also decided to do the same thing. What are the possible results? LD would win less, LCW would win more, and we all would lose a lot.
LD is who he is because of the game he plays. That must always be the priority. Commercial interests are a result of his prowess. He should be motivated to work harder if he wants to keep earning all those big endorsement bucks. And don't forget, LCW also does commercial endorsements, appearances etc. He is also UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador... all that stuff keeps him busy, but he still participates in as many tournaments as he possibly can.
Actually, I am sure LD does work hard; its probably easier for us on the outside to criticize. I am still quite certain that his limited appearances are the result of manipulation from on high, as part of the big strategy. CBA can afford to do this because they have other top players in the wings. The other countries sadly, do not have this luxury. But that does not make the CBA strategy right for the game on the whole. It just makes them more self-serving, in my opinion.
let's take a look at recent bwf new rulings
it shows bwf is concern of china less participation
and lets see how they react...
lcw participate tournament is to training
lin dan have chen jin,bao chun lai,chen long and fu hai feng to train with
Really? So why then doesn't LD train with LCW? Best training, eh? Why not?
yes if one say lin dan has his country men to train with
while lcw needs to play tournament to train
then when lin dan plays more tournament he would be training with lcw
and either one of them will be preparing some inter galaxy game..lol
..in the case of CHN team/LD, as long as pro badminton remains a national association-dependent sport and CHN still prioritizes their players to have a country/nation first mindset, it will be hard to change what CHN is planning. BWF could impose heavier monetary penalty starting with their BWF schedule next yr for players missing any of its Premium SS, but we've yet to see how CHN will fully react to that ruling. Also, CHN might abide and start playing its top players from next May onward til May 2012, just for the sake of the OG Qualifying period, but what happens after the 2012 OG? Will CHN continue its CBSL and revert back to their current plan of skipping tourneys?..
Yeah, I kinda forgot about that one! LOL!
what a load of bull poop, blaming it on CBA manipulation and other self-serving reasons. Not only baseless, it contradict what is really happening.
let clear some stinky air:
1. Lin dan doesn't need to prove himself anymore, he can be picky on when, where and how to play.
2. Lin dan play less to let other younger rank and file to gain experience in beating the crap up on other chinese opponents, unlike Malaysia BAM who is self serving and keep calling upon the uncles to duty, bypassing opportunities for the younger players. So who strategy is bad for the game on the whole?
3. LCW wanted to play in the CBSL to gain more experience but was denied by BAM. So who is the manipulator from the high places?
Everything bad you said about CBA is opposite in reality, while 100% correct to Malaysia badminton.
I see you have a very biased view or you have very limited knowledge about the topic. Take your pick.
You are very rude but I agree with you if you posted in a 'nicer' tone, especially this one. I feel sorry for LCW...
Just deciding that what I say doesn't suit your agenda isn't enough. You interjected with foul language and bad attitude, so you will get what you deserve.
1. I agree LD doesn't need to prove himself to anyone. That was not the point, in any case. So where did you pick that up from all by yourself? As for being picky, sure, it's a free world. But how much really is he doing for the game by behaving thus? If he is not being manipulated, then he is at least being allowed to behave like a Prima Donna, and the lack of direction by his superiors is very convenient. Very convenient, as in another, passive form of manipulation. Look up Prima Donna; study LD's videos, get back to me.
2. Your line:
is insulting to other countries and cultures. You need to be pulled up, but then I doubt it will make any difference in your case. And then you make matters worse by calling LD's limited engagement a "strategy" of his own. Do you really think the entire CBA will sit by watching LD devise his own "strategy" of when and where he will play??? Are you really that naive? Let me answer that one: Yes.
So once again, whose "strategy" was it then???
3. If LCW wanted to play CBSL but was denied by BAM (and if indeed this is true and can be verified, and to be honest, I don't know about this) then they have their reasons. Could it be something to do with the small matter of commitments on the professional tour circuit?
As for your "observation" of a "very biased view" I suggest that you check some of my other posts in other related threads, and then comment more accurately. Until then, it would serve you best to keep your opinions about me to yourself.
CBA manipulation is clear, no doubt about that. Its the same like the Yuan value againts USD. Whether its right or wrong lets discuss further
LCW TH and PG do they have anything to proof?? NO, but its not stopping them from being good embassador for badminton.
Cmon, be realistic. Each rank has its own place. Why should LD stop playing in SS just to make way for CHN younger players??? Is there a rule if LD plays then the younger players can not participate?? Lets be clear LD absenty in SS does not relate whatsoever to development of young players. What is happening is while already having such high standard in MS, CHN does not want other players from other countries to gain advantage and catch up by playing againts their best. As we know, in order to improve your level of playing you need a better worthy opponents. And by playing regularly on SS, CBA is worried that LD would become just a guy next door. And thats clearly a self serving action.
Lets compare LD situation to other sports, i can hardly find any other sports that have its super star missing on so many tournaments/events for no apparent reason, and not getting any penalty or suspension.
LD and a bunch of CHN top players/pairs played regularly and a lot from 2007 to 2008 for the 2008 OG Qualification period and yet, look at the results in the 2008 Olympics. Who creamed who in the 2008 OG MS Final? So, lack of exposure and lack of better opponents to improve the playing level for the other top non-CHN players? hardly.
As for comparing baddy with other sports' superstars, the current penalties being handed down by BWF are almost laughable. That's why we see CHN circumvent or plan their own schedule without much worry. So, if one wants to point the finger, then point the finger at BWF. Of course, BWF finally realize and starting next yr will try to impose a heftier fine for any top players missing from any of its Premier SS/SS. Let's see if those new regulations will make any difference in the long term..
Aha....here's come my life long opponent hahahahah Hi Chris how are you doing?? Should we start another great debate??? I say lets go.....you say???
I did not say playing againts higher level opponent will guarantee you to be able to beat them, I just simply say the only way you increase your level (apart from training hard and having good coach) is to have a worthy opponents. And by being absent, CHN team essentialy reducing the chance of other players to do just that. thats just my opinion, why dont you share your thoughts about the reason why LD is missing on so many tourno?
hahaha cmon man..... just because God did not punish you hard enough does not mean you are not wrong. Just because the police did not put you in jail, does not mean you are an innocent man. So why pointing finger only to BWF? To be fair.....How about this I point my finger to BWF (as you suggested) and you point your finger at CBA?? Deal??
oopst! spot on...
you cleared the air for us, well done and
i knew some bc members would know how to answer that post
- Didn't i already explain LD and the top CHN players/pairs were playing and competing in literally all of the SS, plus GP and GPG tourneys from mid 2007 to end of OG Qualification period in 2008?? still not enough exposure for the other top players to train and improve??..why is that not clear??..
- What is my opinion on why LD is missing on so many tourneys recently?..Scroll up and see my post #1430. That and see volcom's and Isometric Kid's explanations. Basically if the head boss, LYB, says no go for LD, then no go. If anyone wants to call that manipulation or scheming or whatever, then so be it, i don't care. As far as i know, the only penalties for the CHN team for missing recent tourneys are loss of $$$ and WR points; something which CBA is probably not too worry in getting back.
Yup it was too much cloud in that post
But one thing im sure, it will be a bumpy road ahead
So lets ride together