Lin Dan is back, this guy is awesome!!!

Discussion in 'Asian Games 2006 - Badminton' started by 2cents, Dec 8, 2006.

1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Lin Dan is back so strong! 21:3 win over Lee HI, and one point Lee got was a service fault. So it should be 21:2 What a great job!

When we heard about excuses and promises, most of them are garbage. After Thomas cup, Taufik promised win in World championship, he didn't deliver. After WC, Taufik promised AG, he failed again in the team events. So the individual event now is the only one left to test whether What Taufik said is just opposite or random (this becomes the best for Taufik). Since Taufik keeps losing, so his excuses should not be heard any more.

While Lin Dan promised to win back over Lee HI in the individual event, now he DID, and did so convincingly, and so wonderfully. Great job! Lin Dan, my hats off to you. Your losing record in the team events becomes nothing now.

2. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Today is CHN's regrouping day. Lin Dan did superb revenge. and mixed doubles did excellent job, claimed both gold and silver already! The only thing left is Xie vs Wang. Xie lost to Wang in the national championship. and Wang is in excellent form right now. It should be a 50%-50% match.

3. Chire

Chire Regular Member

Lin Dan is unarguably the most dominant men's sinlges player at the moment. He showed us quite a performance and proved that he's world no. 1 for a reason.

4. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

did he really promise a gold in the AG?... as far as i know, he said that he's goal is till the same... GOLD... about the WC, i don't know about it either...

I thought this thread was about LD's win... i guess it was about TH's broken promises...lol :p:p:p:D:D:D

5. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Well...He is really a great player until now...I think he will continue dominated it until a few more years...So,well done...

6. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Lin Dan definitely proved that he is the best there is in the present era... so dominant.:D:D Credits go to him for unbelievable performance today.

Also, I like to give some credits to Hafiz for his wisdom in his match against LHI yesterday. Hafiz must have figure that instead of getting beat by LD for the 4th or 5th times this year, it is better for him(in terms of confidence) to let LD unleash his anger on LHI, so Hafiz decided to throw away his "11" match points when the score was Hafiz 20-9 LHI... then gave up the 2nd game... He is a genius.. or else it would have been LD whooping Hafiz's butt instead of LHI's:rolleyes:.:p

7. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

a very nice theory...lol :p:p:p

8. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    2cents, TH promised his country, fans, or his loved ones is just to show how greatly motivated he is... how much he wants to fulfill their hopes by putting even more burden on his shoulders. what TH really wants to say is this: "Don't worry everyone (his country, fans, loved ones), I'll die on court if I must.. so I won't let u down".
    TH did lose but he lost honorably by fighting till the end at WC and AG. Although TH might lose again vs LD in the final, we still have to greatly respect him if he did his best to fulfill his and his fans hope.

what do you mean by "his excuses should not be heard any more"?:( some TH's fans do find excuses.. not him.;)

I'm fully understand that you are proud of your great hero Lin Dan, but you also have to respect others.

#8 ssuly, Dec 8, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  9. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    From previous encounters... as soon as ssuly joins in a thread... that thread won't last for 2 days and will likely to be locked...

Good bye to another fun thread.:(

By the way, please don't give us another lecture of your facts vs opinions, talents vs hard work, or anything else for that matter. They are not for the ordinary people as only the surpreme ones like yourself can ever understand.:rolleyes:

10. kenny7_2006

kenny7_2006 Regular Member

Working student...
    Funny, i was just back from somewhere, and i asked me friend, wat was the score, and he said 21-3, 21-10, and i just stared at him, thinking that he pulled my leg...

Turns out he was true when i checked the official score.... that must be incredible! too bad i dodnt see the match... here's hoping for a replay...

Lin Dan is truly one heck of a talent, a freak of a talent... i mean, he is simply good, but he does have his off-days and weaknesses....

11. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    bananaboy, I'm really sorry if that's what happening so far. I just hope that in the future we will have a great pleasant discussion with everyone respecting others and no one gets hurt. however, a little sacrifice might be needed...:(

one more thing, don't call me supreme or anything as I'm just one of you guys who enjoy badminton so much!:D

12. Baderz_Jas

Baderz_Jas Regular Member

Student, business man wannabe =P
    MY HERO!!! :D he is awesome of course :D the BEST :D I knew he was gona "FIX" LHI :p lol :D only 3 in the 1st set :eek: :D

13. anfan2000

anfan2000 Regular Member

PROGRAMMER
    Lin win over Lee H i 21-3 to my great surprise.This guy is awesome...

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Gold for Taufik

Taufik never promised he will bring gold Indonesia... He will just try his best to win gold for our country. [It is also good for the political career of his father in law]. :D

15. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Obviously LHI enjoyed his win over LD too much. Maybe he really thought he could beat LD consistently if he did things correctly LOL. It turned out this time LD is well well prepared and LHI made way too many mistakes.

So, in the team event, LHI is well prepared and in excellent form, LD didn't treat LHI seriouly, so LHI ++ >= LD -. Now things change. LD did good preparation and LHI lost in his false confidence. So LD + >> LHI -.

Simple math. Eh? :D

16. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

Man I think you are too harsh to Taufik. He has improve much since Thomas cup. He has already been able to beat good players like BCL and LCW convincingly. I would say hats off to the great effort Taufik made to come back -- it's like coming back after half year's retirement or injury. That's hard.

Taufik has already proved that when motivated, he can come back. Is he really a playboy?

17. -wei-

-wei- Regular Member

Maybe Taufik is a sadist and wants to give Lin Dan false confidence by letting him win unimportant matches and then give him the ultimate shock of his life by taking the AG gold from him.
    Taufik failed in the team events, but we all know that Taufik is his own man and isn't exactly a team player right?
    Taufik is the ultimate cruel extreme sadist!! Poor helpless Lin Dan.
    Indra!! Back me up!!! LOL

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    not a team player? That's a new one to add to the long list of excuses LOL'

TH lost in other events before, so he's not an individualist player too?

Ya, LD is so arrogant he didn't give LHI nor the crowds a close match to enjoy:p

#18 cooler, Dec 8, 2006
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2006
  19. -wei-

-wei- Regular Member

...but cooler, I have evidence!

http://www.badmintonsite.com/Tours/InsidetheTourCat.aspx?id=19

See? Taufik is invincible! ;)

20. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Lin Dan must be as close to a "Saint" as possible then if you theory holds true about Taufik... My reason is that Lin Dan won't give Taufik any false hope of defeating him as he showed Taufik time and time again that Lin Dan himself is the better man, and right before their final encounter this year, Lin destroyed his opponent to prove to Taufik once again that there is no chance whatsoever for Taufik to even come close to beating him in the final. Poor little Taufik, find an excuse before going back home or family won't be happy with you.:p