Lin Dan VS Pete Gade tomorrow?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2009' started by sudirman, Aug 13, 2009.

?

Lin Dan vs. Peter Gade. who wins?

Poll closed Aug 14, 2009.
  1. Peter Hoeg Gade (DEN)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lin Dan (CHN)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    i think 90% of forumers would want peter to win....including me...LD...he has won this and if he wins again....honestly it's getting really boring....my mind says LD will win...but my heart goes to PG...

2. jump_smashing

jump_smashing Regular Member

I am 100% sure LD would win the match... but still PG would give hard matches for LD.

3. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    Aahhh....

I much prefer gade n lcw in semifinal... so, no LD DEFINITELY not inflate the excitement... see what happen to WS department? Wang Yihan packed her bag but the following matches are still exciting to watch :D:D:D

#63 eRa@에라, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  4. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    ...and I'm curious of what they say... can you like summarize a bit?;)

you see Jon... human are like that... the players are mostly humble... but people around them, don't just say Malaysian fans, i believe many fans are like that... i am his fan and always want him to win but i do consider his low points... as for the arrogant comments from the team, i believe some other team has also made some over confident, over the top comments regarding their players/opponent... thing is, no need to waste your time pondering much about it... they are humans... being arrogance comes naturally... ;););)

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

This is how a moderator speaks..........very confident :D:D

6. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

eRa, what may also disappoint you was that even LCW himself was also too desparate and said something similar...:crying:

http://sports.sohu.com/20090813/n265933326.shtml

I fully understand this is human nature, but to me, sports field should not be like the fierce material world of commercial business or a real battle field... you really don't need to say such things...

... okay, may find time to summarize these links in English..:)

7. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    I dunno about ur guys but I prefer if things heat up like WWE...

where LD would argue with LCW o PG in public to add fire to the game...

Sports is ENTERTAINMENT>.. modern day GLADAITOR!!

8. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    I agree...

people says what they want... for us, let's just focus on the sports played... and you know jon, don't blindly trust the press either... they're up for the buzz... they write and add some more to spice things up.... whoever said anything, if quoted by the press, let's just leave it as that... to take it as 100% true, well up to you... ever play this one game where you whisper a sentence to one of tenth ppl and when it reaches back to you the msg is not as the actual? we said one thing but others may interprete incorrectly and what worse is that it got displayed in the paper:(... (no offence to good press...:eek:)

9. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

http://sports.sohu.com/20090813/n265913810.shtml

summary from the above link:

{".... as reported by a Malaysian English media, before WC, Malaysian coach Rashid Sidek said arrogantly: 'at WC, LD would be the only one that could troubled LCW, all other players are nothing..'...."

"Sidek further pointed out '... LCW need not waste many energy if facing CJ.... LCW should only prepare for the match with LD, other things would not be any problem. IF LCW COULD PUT HIS FOOT ON LD's BODY and enter the final, then I could guarantee he could win Malaysia's historical first WC title.'"}

I think he is true that LD would be LCW's no.1 enermy on the road to claim WC, but what he spoken was very much disrespect for other players... and I don't think LCW is such dominant that he could take all other players as nothing...

and it would be helpful to know the truth if anyone could find the authentic report from the quoted Malaysian media...

10. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

thanks both, and I really agree to what you said above...

I like badminton very much, but when I look at the world of other sports like tennis, golf, people (players, coaches) are really gracious and concentrate on court performance...... but badminton :confused:...

my point is that development of badminton sport is not in a good position, and in order to make it prosperous, the stake-holders should really think how they should present (or behave) themself in public and work together to help the sport (perhaps they thought these heated speeches could held...)...

I think PG and even LD in the last couple of years (much improved from his first few years) were quite self-conscious in this aspect and making the sport more spectacular than ill-feeling... just feel upset when see such things...

eRa may be right, it might just be media's naught, let's hope so...:)

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I, too, would like to put a foot on LD's body but what English is that ? Probably some SOHO bad chinese news which is not worth the 10 cents paper it was written on.

12. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    before we go way off topic...

some snippets from the star articles:

"...“There is a disparity in standard between Chong Wei and Tien Minh. I would reckon that Chong Wei’s defeat to this player (at the Singapore Open) as a one-off thing,” said Rashid. “But having said that, it is wise not to be too confident.
    “Tien Minh is shaping up well ahead of the world meet. He is one of the most hard working players that I have met. He can rise to the occasion when least expected.
    “If the two players meet, there will be less pressure on the Vietnamese but if Chong Wei play to form he should go through.”..."

"[...]China have been talking about a clean sweep and have gone into hiding. All we know is that they are training in a place where there are no distractions so it will be tough to gauge their level," said Rashid. "However, our focus will just be on Lin Dan as he is the person standing between Chong Wei and the final. If Chong Wei can beat him, he will be very confident of winning the title.
    "Chen Jin is the player Chong Wei may face in the final and he has good record against the former.
    "Chong Wei is also well prepared but as far as our chances in the singles are concerned, it will boil down to that crunch match between him and Lin Dan in the semis.

"If he clears that hurdle, we may witness the first Malaysian winning the world title. (sounds similar? :p)

"That's the situation presently, but it is much better compared to the Beijing Olympics last year where Lin Dan proved too strong for Chong Wei. The gap is just too close this time and it will be a close tussle."

Rashid also believes that the earlier clashes like the third round encounter against Vietnam's Nguyen Tien Minh and the likely quarter-final clash against Sony Dwi Kuncoro of Indonesia will not pose problems for Chong Wei.

There's no denying that Tien Minh and Sony are good players but Rashid feels Chong Wei has pulled away from the duo.

China are known for their psychological tactics and probably the secluded training camp could be another ploy so Chong Wei may not be too concerned.

His focus, Rashid reckons, will be solely on the clash with Lin Dan and Malaysia's chances of glory which hangs on that solitary match.[...]"

courtesy of the star

I don't think I need to post more... I just realized the link you posted was a foreign press? Then, my advice no need to waste your energy la... I've been following news on Malaysia's badminton, by far no comment of who wants to trample whose body... that is rubbish! Like I said you can very much expect a lot of bias and spices be added to a simple comment...;)

...case officially closed...;)

and I hope PG wins this match or at least push LD to the limit before trow's match... :D:D

P/s: so scary press.. they can write what they want and live happily ever after...

#72 eRa@에라, Aug 13, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2009
  13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it will be certainly interesting to see a MAS WC after all these years.

but as we know the biggest hurdle will be LD. even if he is not in the mood, he is a formidable opponent. if he is in the mood, he is lethal.

only time will tell...

14. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    a psychic told me. :D
    PG just unable to pass LCW. ;)

15. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    shud PG lost to LD, I will cry and may have to think twice over drifit's future predictions :D:p:D:p

16. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Though it's likely that Lin Dan would win after watching his overpowering performance in Beijing against Peter last year.

But if Peter really plays to the peak of his abilities, then there is a chance that he'll win.

I'm hoping that Peter wins, he has been preparing for this and has done well so far in the tourney! :)

Peter Gade, you have my fullest support! Beat Lin Dan and create history!
    Peter! Peter! Peter! Peter!

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

i'm not afraid to catch these 2 players meet.:cool: in fact, i'm looking forward for it.. and of course, may the best men win today. let's see who will be the one that deserves it..;)

18. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

I like PG too but the reality is harsh. The H2H figure between them is probably worse than 8:2.

19. V3i HoN6

V3i HoN6 Regular Member

I want a LD-LCW match tomorrow.
    Please give me that.

20. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    The article & what the Malaysian coach said = meaningless trash.:mad:
    What is nice from the link, is when you scroll down, and checked out how lucky Zheng Jun is.:p