Looking for New Fixed Clamps

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Exert, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I currently own a Pros Pro Challenger 1, and I am looking to upgrade my Pros Pro Universal
    Clamps as I feel like they slip really easily. I have to adjust them quite tightly for them to hold. I am usually stringing 24-29 LBS. Is there a decent pair of fixed clamps that are around $70-100CDN? Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 Exert, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The new 4-teeth clamps from AEF are awesome value for the money:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...to-stringing-tools.110697/page-3#post-2526611

Available through Aliexpress for round about 90 EUR per pair and they are available both forh 12.0 mm and 12.2 mm diameter bases. Just make sure to order the correct versions for your machine:

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/AEF-...id=1b2157f2-8915-43e7-91e5-d093835e7800&tpp=1

Coming from the PP clamps, you will feel like you've entered stringing heaven!

3. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for the quick reply s_mair, unfortunately I don't know the diameter of my bases on my Challenger 1, is there any site that can refer me to the info?

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Either you get yourself a cheap caliper and measure the column of your current clamps yourself or you just wait for a little longer until one of the many Challenger users out there provide the required information.
    @Mr Arc2 Which diameter version did you order for your Challenger?

5. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

6. Mr Arc2

Mr Arc2 Regular Member

12,0 mm is exactly what you need for the pros pro challenger.
    my original clamps were 11,9 mm, and too loose. This resulted in some tension loss. I'm very satisfied with the new clamps =)

7. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate it :)

8. Razor-BladE

Razor-BladE Regular Member

Personal Trainer
    I've just received these today but one of the clamps doesn't fit the base.

I've sent a message to the seller, so I'll see what they say.
    Could it be that they've accidentally posted one of the 12.2mm clamps instead?

9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Ouch. Looks very much like this is exactly what has happened. Please keep us updated about the seller's reaction.

10. knielsen

knielsen Regular Member

11. Razor-BladE

Razor-BladE Regular Member

Personal Trainer
    Sorry for the late update.
    The seller confirmed that my clamp was indeed a 12.0mm version but didn't offer any swap/reimbursement for the fact that the dimensions are clearly off. Just suggested that I sand it down.
    I have some sandpaper, so I'll do that this week but just it's just annoying that I have to do this when it should've already been ready to go.

As one is the correct size, I've been using that along with one of the Pro's Pro clamps and the quality of the clamping is day and night.
    Every time I clamp with the AEF I worry that it's not clamping enough, but it is. Clamps well and no denting of the string at 28lbs; even at a lowly 24/25lbs, the Pro's Pro clamp dents a little.

12. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    I had a different but bad experience from the AliExpress seller. Both clamps that came fit the clamp base but the clamp surface was damaged. There were patches with no dust and scratches were present.

I reported it to the seller who claimed it was just glue and he asked me to get them cleaned. Why should a buyer go through this. It appears their quality control is bad. I cleaned them and got back saying it is not glue and requested a refund or replacement. He wasn't convinced and remained adamant it was glue.

I had no choice but to escalate to AliExpress, video'd myself cleaning them and after a week, AliExpress confirmed it was a damaged product but wanted me to return them to the seller at my expense. The seller even offered to send just the replacement diamond dusted plates which I was having none of. Eventually he accepted AliExpress's decision and it cost me £25 to get it sent.

I am not buying from this seller again. Was left out of pocket and the sellet had difficulty admitting it was damaged prior to shipping.

13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's some valuable feedback, thanks for that! So the good prices seem to come hand in hand with a practically non-existent customer service. :(

EDIT:
    Maybe that's a good moment to dig out an older thread concerning a cheaper way to get hold of the original OEM Gamma clamps:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...er-way-to-get-a-gamma-clamp-in-europe.163941/

#13 s_mair, Jul 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  14. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Don't sand them down by yourself. I also had this off clamps. I visited a metall working company and they used a lathe to make them fit 100% snug in the clamp bases of my PS3600. I paid 10 euro for both.

Also annoying was that one screw was damaged, so I wasn't able to split the clamps from the posts. the metal working company drilled it out. I also got spare screws thru my brother who are strong enough to replace them. If anybody need a screw feel free to pm me. I have some of them.

I also pmed the seller, but he had not much understanding for my problems. IMO it was his fault to sell a not fitting product and needed to pay my efforts. But nothing. Will not order again. I also pulled the trigger for the gamma. No alis for me, again. Also had no coating on a small part of the clamp. Stay away from the alis.

bakjoul and yenyesoh like this.
  15. Vamsi Mocherla

Vamsi Mocherla New Member

I just received a pair of the clamps and clamp bases from the same seller on AliExpress ( Stringer's Store ).
    They seem to be fine from the initial look and fit in fine too.
    Will install them on my machine and see if they do fine.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. jays-8

jays-8 Regular Member

Can I have the link for the clamps seller please
    Thank you

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

18. Vamsi Mocherla

Vamsi Mocherla New Member

http://s.aliexpress.com/E3uqMfqu

jays-8 likes this.
  19. jays-8

jays-8 Regular Member

Thanks guys

20. Nicholas Tam

Nicholas Tam Regular Member

Hobo Student
    I bought an AEF S70 and the strip of diamond coating from one of the clamps did dislodge completely... but it is remidiable with some superglue. Haven't bought from the AliExpress store since I went through AEF's official TaoBao, but can say that the QC of AEF isn't generally bad.