looking for place to play at edmonton

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by zzn0101469, Jan 15, 2013.

1. zzn0101469

zzn0101469 New Member

I live at edmonton around westmonut centre currently. I am looking for a place to play badminton around central or west Edmonton weekly. My level may be intermediate-low I may play badminton once per week so I am looking for some place I can just drop-in. I have never joined a club, so I don't know what is the advantages of join a club, and can someone tell me? if a club is really good for me, I will join one.

2. james.tran

james.tran New Member

Hello,

I used to play a lot in Edmonton. Check out this page: http://www.edba.ab.ca/clubs.htm

Joining a club is advantageous when the club gets busy. If too many people show up to the club, drop ins will be turned away so that members will get to play. A lot of the clubs in Edmonton fill up fast. Plus it's usually not that expensive to sign up for a season ($30-$40 average iirc).

Make sure you pay attention to the Notes for each club to see whether they accept drop ins or are full. I haven't been to the Ross Shepard High School badminton club, but I liked the U of A and Edmonton Chinese clubs.

Best of luck! :D

3. wannaliquorbox

wannaliquorbox Regular Member

any place in edmonton that is equivalent to Vancouver Racquets Club? open 24 hrs, purpose built badminton hall with 7courts (no slippery floor), pub, shower room and sauna, proshop, membership only 750/year (no posh atmosphere like country club), best of all, everyone uses feather shuttlescocks.

4. Genghis

Genghis Regular Member

I don't think you'll find any place like that in Edmonton. The closest I can think of is the Royal Glenora but that is a private club. Also, unfortunately every place I've played at in Edmonton uses plastic shuttles.