Losing to Lin, Xia talks about the loss due to fatigue

Discussion in 'Hong Kong / Chinese Taipei / China Open 2003' started by kwun, Nov 14, 2003.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Losing to Lin, Xia talks about the loss due to fatigue

Information Times 2003/11/14 (arranged by Wang Wei)

I lost to my teammate Lin Dan in the men’s singles semi-final today.

Although I lost the match, I think it was a reasonable defeat as I think I am tired from all the tournaments.

During the match both Lin and I are fighting furiously, we dived to save many shots during the game, this is the specialty of the both of us, but it also causes a lot of injuries.

During matches in the two previous days, I had to go to 3 games to defeat my opponents. Both matches lasted more than 60 mins, playing such long matches used up a lot of energy. During today’s match it was clear that I didn’t have enough energy reserved, I was so depleted that losing points didn’t matter to me at that point.

Lin and I watch Bao’s match after we were done with ours. Although Bao lost, we think it was only a match, don’t pay too much weight on it, there is still a long journey to go.

No matter how you look at it, all our younger players played very well today, as their elder brother I am very happy for them. After the lost today I said thanks to the fans in Guangzhou who cheered for me, I thank these fans who supported me even though I lost the match.