Lu Lan!

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by BoboTheBadder, Dec 16, 2005.

1. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I didn`t know about the foot injury, fair enough.

Yes Xie played a horrible first game in their Olympic semifinal. But when she raised her pace and started finding momemtum in the second game, Lu Lan completely folded and wasn't even able to put up resistance against her senior Xie.

Yeah Lu Lan deservingly became World Champion in 2009. But the Xie Xingfang at that point was a shadow of her former self. She was never the same after just barely missing the Olympics gold medal that would have crowned her career and never really played with the same fire and confidence after that.

2. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Not sure why you keep spilling out negatives without much research or taking things in context. Despite of a truncated career, Lu Lan already accomplished more than most badminton players and will forever be remembered as one of the World Champions. Her record speaks for itself.

3. vixter

vixter Regular Member

What are the things I should take in context? It was not my intention to be negative about Lan, former world champion. But somebody said she was better than Wang Yihan and Shixian and that could be discussed.

But Lu Lan was surely a formidable player.