Malaysia Boleh Spirits

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Dato A, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    hE is also a part time model.

2. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    I agree Malaysia memang boleh But...if Malaysia boleh then boleh donk create your own culture instead of claiming Batik and Rasa sayang...I mean the Malaysia Boleh Spirit doesn't mean u boleh curi our culture rite????

Angklung, Reog Ponorogo, Batik and Rasa Sayang....Malaysia memang boleh so I hope Malaysia boleh realise that all those above mentioned belongs to Indonesia and Malaysia also boleh apologise to Indonesia for heritage theft....For Malaysia Boleh is not difficult is it just to admit that your government has done us wrong?? has insulted Indonesia???

Just do all that then Malaysia Boleh cos remember is very brave to admit that you are wrong but remember heritage theft is not good but if u have done it is ok just simply apologise in the name of your govt so at least we still think tha Malaysians are brave people who admits their mistakes

#142 d65up2, Jun 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  3. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i think the items you mentioned are parts of the bigger Malay culture, not the Indonesian culture. indigenous Indonesians are in fact, Malays as well. that does not make Malaysia superior but the fact is that they are all one race.

4. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Wrong Wrong....Rasa Sayang is an Ambonese thing and Ambonese are not Malays....Angklung and Batik is a Javanese thing and javanese are not Malays...Rendang maybe because minangkabau are Malays but the others are not....So we are not from the same culture....100s of ethnic groups made up Indonesia he likes of javanese, Bataks, Ambonese, Chinese, Papuans, Malays and many more.....

Why can't u just apologise...is not that hard to do so instead of saying Javanese are also Malays and Ambonese too....mate if u are saying that in Indonesia that is indeed offensive because we are indeed different but we are together as one!!!

Hidup INDONESIA and we are not just Malays please get it right...I am an Indonesian and I know my country better than any Malaysians....we re a country of dignity so if you think you can get away with heritage theft you are wrong...a friend who keeps bullying us is not a friend...So unless Malaysia say sorry then Malaysia is not our friend...we are sick and tired of being bullied by malaysia...we fought the Dutch, we fought the Japanese and we are not afraid to fight Malaysia if it is neccessary

Anyway you are saying that it is NOT ours?? so you are saying it belongs to you Malaysian??? Man that is offensive...check your history Batik is Javanese not Malay..Rasa sayang is Ambonese not Malay....Angklung is Javanese not Malay......

5. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

first of all, i dont represent the Malaysian people nor its government. however, i will apologize for getting my facts wrong but thats about it.

edit:
    i in no way implied that it does not belong to you Indonesians. you might have taken it the wrong way there. what i meant is instead of complaining about "theft", why not just start accepting that it belongs to THEM (i dont use us because it has nothing to do with me).

edit2:
    since Malays come from all over the place, they very well may have amalgamated into the Malay culture we see today. therefore it might not be theft at all. have you ever thought that these cultural items may have been brought with migrants and settlers into one united culture?

#145 llpjlau, Jun 2, 2008
  6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

hmm...try to ask parameswara(u know who is him???)...ours culture was been related from more than 600 years...u know???...the starter of kesultanan melaka was an indonesian...u know???...what wrong that with have something same???...to me...malaysia goverment was worse...so...i wont help to defence them...i can say is...not 27000000 of malaysia say those are us...just goverment say so...u know what i mean???... just few guy that have real power in politic claim that and force those small minister say out...just like people in isreal was not want to fight with palestin...is the goverment and america goverment want...did all the american agree to attack afghanistan???or iraq???...no...dont blame on us...as i or any others malaysia members in bc didnt order abdullah badawi to do so...GET WHAT I WANT TO SAY???...SO...PEACE...:D

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Curry Laksa is from where? The Singaporeans claims that it's theirs. I would say it's from Malaysia.But da we didnt fight for it and claim that the Curry Laksa is originated from malaysia because it is no point to do so.

8. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli

many things also singapore claim one lar...hainan chicken rise...roti canai...bak kut teh...fruits...so funny...singapore got space to farm fruits meh???...hong kong and china always say singapore malaysia fruits...like singapore can farm fruits...so funny...no offence to singaporian bc member...just singapore goverment...but singapore goverment was better than malaysia goverment...^^....

9. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    SINGAPORE BOLEH!!

10. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

the whole south-east asian region is a melting pot of races and cultures. some things are more distinct than others. for example, tom yam from thailand, gado-gado from indonesia.

what about things like fried kuey teow, coconut rice, curry laksa etc? it can be found (with different variations of course) all across the region. whose is it then?

there's no point arguing over to whom does a particular item like this belong to. it is just so assimilated already into the different societies.

edit:
    btw, speaking of claiming things that aren't theirs... lets all have a look at the history of east timor.

#150 llpjlau, Jun 2, 2008
  11. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    I know where you are going with this man.....East timor...at least we gave it back and help them when in need....Another thing....Rendang does belong to the malay culture so is fine if malaysia claim is part of their culture...But Angklung??? Come on MAN!!!! majority of Malaysian ppl doesn't even know what is Angklung so this one belongs to Indonesia.....Batik is very much Javanese....we dun mind if Malaysian waants to use Batik as their national thing but you have to clearly state that is from Indonesia....MAS govt claimed that Batik is from Klantan...how can this be??? when u have to but the raw materials from Indonesia.....How can Angklung be a Malaysian thing??? Ok is not heritage theft but simply plagirism....Rasa Sayang is an Ambonese thing and Ambon is part of Indonesia so I really thing that MAS govt should take it back and state the source.....

Singapore for years they never have their own identity....so When ppl ask me which Sgapore food I like...I just simply reply by saying what do u mean??? There is no such thing as Sgapore food cos Nasi lemak is Malaysian, Hainanese Chicken rice is Chinese, Bak Kut Teh is Malaysian, Nasi Padang is Indonesian and Roti Prata simply Indian. Well I think Malaysia has their own culture so you guys should stick to it instead of claiming ours as yours or saying thats it is shared by malays....cos is not Batik is clearly Indonesian...Well I can't convince Msian bcers to agree with me but I am just making it clear that Batik, Rasa Sayang, Angklung and Reog Ponorogo belongs to the ppl of Indonesia so you guys have to give it back to us..cos one more stealing from you guys....we are not really afraid of any war with malaysia even if malaysia has all the technology. We are a proud nation so we dun like it if our neihgbours keep thinking that they can steal anything they want from us just because we are weaker....we might be weak but we are brave people...the Dutch and the Japanese has tasted how we fight...I hope Malaysia doesn't have to taste our courage as well.....

Red is bravery and white is purity....we would use our bravery to defend our purity....Purity here is purity from theft....

12. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i know wikipedia isn't the best source but read this
    "Batik is believed to have originated in China, or more specifically in Yunnan. Until these days, batik is still the main attire of the Yunnan women and they consider batik as one of their heritage. This maybe due to the weaving machine invented by the Chinese that spurred the production of fabrics in Asia, including batiks and sarongs before they made their ways to neighboring people in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Peninsular Malaysia and finally Indonesia."

it also states that batik can be found in West Africa... i wonder how they "steal" batik from the Indonesians almost halfway round the world.

all in all, i like to think that countries should deal with their domestic problems first before going out and start dealing with bigger fishes. to be frank, indonesia doesn't have such a pure historical background, if you wish.

edit:
    australia has long been associated with meat pies.. but do we hear other western countries whining about it? no.

13. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    complete rubbish...Wikipedia....hahahahahaha...mate just say you are sorry and that solve the problem....I mean Batik is a Javanese words....derived from Mba means to write and tik means dots.....so it is ours and it belongs to Indonesia.....hahahahahaha.....we are a country with dignity just so u know that....If malaysia can't respect us then why should we treat them as our friend....I think then Malaysia is Indonesia no 1 enemy

Btw wikipedia says no such things...here is the link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batik have a read instead of saying it belongs to Malaysia as well as Indo cos Batik is an Indonesian thing not malaysian...

#153 d65up2, Jun 2, 2008
  14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

u want to get banned , hmm????
    yeah, so if batik are belongs to INA, so what? whats the big deal? no need to write which country is which country`s enemy..!!!

#154 george@chongwei, Jun 2, 2008
  15. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Thanx for realising Batik is from INA...Finally someone comes to his sense...thank you so much...thats all I want to hear from Malaysians!!!! Just admit it like this guy.

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

im not claiming that batik is from INA.....dont misunderstood!!!...i was juz stated so if....
    see nicely..

17. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Well research around ya and then tell me...But it is from Indonesia and it is not Malaysian alrite??? Batik is indeed an Indonesian thing....Malaysia has other stuff why steal our heritage??? Look I am just defending Indonesia's pride here...I hate to see my country being bullied my Malaysia everyday now Batik, Angklung and all....wat will u take tomorrow??? Claiming that Jakarta is now part of malaysia??? taking the whole of Sulawesi??? Let me tell u we won't let it happend! We are a nation with dignity and pride...BATIK is from indonesia...It is a Javanese word....have a look in Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batik

click and read if you think Batik is Malaysian....cos is not

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ok ok...i know u love yours country...let me...the one good in china history tell u all why wikipedia says that...before that...i state clearly...there always have differ name for same thing...different country have different name on some same object...just like why holland been called nethersland(spell right?),italy call azzuri and many more...roti canai have atleast 5 different name in chinese(in asia)...they all call different name...

ok...now...go to history...but my english was not got...please allowed me mixed with bahasa malaysia...as we know...china is the oldest tamadun in the world that not been destroy...there is tamadun that earlier than china but already gone...china and kelantan have perdagangan start at 200 a.c,early...right???...now...we go to batik...batik was from kain...kain from what???...cotton???right???...did tamadun indonesia exist that time???... i think not yet...if yes...they also didnt discovery how to farm cotton yet...china have the technique to do shirt with silk very long time ago...3000 b.c...so...cant china say...all people and goverment should pay china money for each cloth you all wear???...as bom was from china too...if everything from 1 country or tamadun...then other cant use...what will this world be??...ok...sorry...off topic...so...the shirt industry was very mature in china at that time...so...it was posible that china was the one create batik(but in other name) then sell to kelantan(in addition,in rom...their people use gold to buy silk...because there is to many country between rom and china...)...then in south east asia...the 'batik' exist...as malaysia goverment sejarah was failed(i think...)that why they dont know the asal usul of 'batik'...ok...off topic again...so sorry malaysia...chinese should be consider as bumiputera...u all know why???...as i say...china and kelantan has perdagangan since 200 a.c,there are sailor that live in kelantan that never go back to china...that why kelantan have many chinese that cant speak chinese...they speak hokkien and malay and thai...hmm...after all...thanks for reading this...can ask me if want to know more...if i know the answer...i will answer u...;)

19. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    True but we say cotton from China...we dun pay China money but just say cotton is from China.....well at least u give China some credits while Batik belongs to Indonesia not Malaysia....If Malaysia wants to use it they dun have to pay Indonesia money but just give credit to Indonesia...Batik is a technique is not really a product...technique to make a pattern on a cloth originated in Java so how dare you Malaysians say its from Klantan....the cloth is indeed traded in Klantan but the Batik technique is purely Indonesian.....All we Indonesian wants is just a sincere apology from Malaysian thats all...I dun think that is too much to ask...I mean u say malaysia Boleh...Malaysia great nation...well u are not a great nation unless u admit what you have done wrong. We have to apologise to malaysia for burning our own forest....why can't u apologise for this one.....Is just 3 simple words....I AM SORRY

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Gee louise...

:p..how did we end up discussing about Malaysia Boleh to now bantering about (the same old subject of) where Batik originated from??..*sigh*...:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.