Malaysia International Challenge 2011

Discussion in '2011 Tournaments' started by badMania, Nov 10, 2011.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The other matches in R16 went according to my predictions.

MS QF
    Alamsyah Yunus
    [1] vs Chu Han-Chou [11] - as the top seed, Alam ought to win this one!

WS QF
    Ito Kana vs Hera Desi [7] - I hope Hera Desi can progress to SF

Bellaetrix Manuputty
    [6] vs Chen Jiayuan [2] - ditto for Bella. This is her chance to prove that she can still make it in WS!

MD QF
    Rahmat Adianto/Berry Angriawan
    vs Lin Chia-Yu/Wang Chia-Min - I hope there's still an INA rep in the SF.

WD QF
    Naoko Fukuman/Kurumi Yonao
    [4] vs Shella Devi Aulia/Anggia Shitta Awanda - can Shella/Anggi upset the fourth-seed?

Keshya Nurvita Hanadia/Devi Tika Permatasari vs Lim Yin Loo/Marylen Ng Poau Leng [3]

Dian Fitriani/Aris Budiharti vs Yonemoto Koharu/Yuriko Miki [2]

XD QF
    Putra Eka Rhoma/Aris Budiharti
    [3] vs Jonathan Tang Yew Loong/Thng Ting Ting

Andhika Anhar/Keshya Nurvita Hanadia vs Mohd Razif Abdul Latif/Amelia Alicia Anscelly [2]

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Wow...an unexpected victory from Hafiz Faisal/Putra Eka Rhoma over the WJC winners Ow Yao Han/Teo Kok Siang in 3 sets: 10-21, 21-17, 21-18! They should have a chance against Terry Yeo Zhao Jiang/Liu Yi for a place in the last 4 tomorrow.

Both players will only turn 18 next year and I hope they will be part of the AJC & WJC team! I don't know why they didn't select Putra Eka Rhoma this year, instead, his place went to the WJC XD winner Alfian Eko Prasetyo, who also partnered Hafiz Faisal in BD.

3. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Teo Kok Siang just came out from his long MC after surgery.............good to see him on court again !!

4. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Yeah! Young pair from Jaya Raya, Putra Eka Rhoma/Aris Budiharti cruise to semifinal after dumped out Jonathan Tang/Ting Ting Thng 21-19 21-10.

Meanwhile another INA pair Andhika Anhar/Kesyha Nurvita also cruise to SF after have a straightforward victory over Razif/Amelia 21-16 21-14.

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Good job by Bellaetrix Manuputty [6] as she cruises into the SF after a comfortable victory over Chen Jiayuan. She will face the winner of Sayaka Takahashi [5] and Sannatasah Saniru. I think she can progress to the Final!

6. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Bella goes to semifinal after beat Chen Jiayuan 21-12 21-16. Good job Bella! :D

7. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    Alamsyah Yunus also progress to SF!!!

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Shella/Anggi lost as expected to the more experienced Japanese pair.

9. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    no more representatives in WD

10. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    Glad to see Hafiz Faizal/Putra Eka Roma defeat the 2nd seed, from s'pore

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

7 out of 10 predictions correct for the QF...not too bad. INA still have representatives in all disciplines, except for WD.

MS
    Alamsyah Yunus
    [1] vs Chong Wei Feng [4] - match of the day definitely and I hope Alam can deliver his best performance!

WS
    Sonia Cheah Su Ya vs Hera Desi [7] - based on seeding, Hera Desi ought to win. Let's see if the girls can deliver an all-INA Final on Sunday!

Sannatasah Saniru vs Bellaetrix Manuputty [6] - a title for Bella will increase her confidence for next year!

MD
    Takeshi Kamura/Keigo Sonoda
    [8] vs Hafiz Faisal/Putra Eka Rhoma - 2 seeded pairs have fallen to Hafiz/Putra. Can the Japanese be the 3rd?

XD
    Tan Aik Quan/Lai Pei Jing
    [1] vs Putra Eka Rhoma/Aris Budiharti [3] - the INA pair has fulfilled their seeding. The MAS pair is more experienced than them!

Lin Yen-Jui/Wu Ti-Jung vs Andhika Anhar/Keshya Nurvita Hanadia - after beating the second-seed, I think Andhika/Keshya have a fair chance of winning the title here!

12. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Pleasant result from the young Jaya Raya pair Hafiz Faisal/Putra Eka Rhoma and Putra Eka Rhoma/Aris Budiharti. Reaching semifinal is considered good achievement already for these young pairs, they are still U-19 this years :D. Hafiz/Putra beat the #5 and #2 seeded in earlier rounds. All the best in SF!

13. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    Hera Desi Ana Rachmawati goes to Final!!
    the first final for her int'l career?

Andhika Anhar/Keshya Nurvita Hanadia also progress to final, hope they can beat the MAS pair tomorrow!!

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I am hoping for an all-INA Final in WS and for Alamsyah to win the title in MS.

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

YES! Pelatnas is ensured of a title as Hera Desi [7] will face Bellaetrix Manuputty [6] in the Final. Bella to win her first international title! Good decision to send her to compete in Malaysia! If she can beat Hera Desi, she will reach the top 90 in the WR table.

I hope PBSI sends Bella to compete at the India Open GPG, having decided to send her to Macau and Korea. She needs to qualify to the Main Draw in Macau and has a tough first round draw in Jiang Yanjiao in Korea.

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

The 17 yo boys from Jaya Raya Hafiz Faisal/Putra Eka Rhoma eventually lost in the SF to the Japanese pair. Nevertheless, it has been a good tourney from them this week, beating 2 seeded pairs en-route to the SF!

I think they can be one of INA's 3 BD pairs for the AJC & WJC next year as Hafiz Faisal had already been selected for the WJC this year! It will also depend on the result of the Kejurnas next week.

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Alamsyah Yunus [1] beat Chong Wei Feng [4] in 3-sets 21-17, 11-21, 21-16. He will be tested by Mohd Arif Abdul Latif [3].

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

MS FINAL
    Alamsyah Yunus
    [1] vs Mohd Arif Abdul Latif [3] - another long match is in store and Alam will be very motivated to win another IC title tomorrow.

WS FINAL
    Hera Desi [7] vs Bellaetrix Manuputty [6] - an all-INA Final, with Bella triumping and winning her first IC title ever.

XD FINAL
    Tan Aik Quan/Lai Pei Jing [1] vs Andhika Anhar/Keshya Nurvita Hanadia - a repeat of the INA IC QF match a few months ago, won by Andhika/Keshya in 3 tight-sets. It will be another close match and I hope the INA pair can win their second IC title this year!

19. Lovelyka

Lovelyka Regular Member

student
    is there any live streaming?

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Not that I know of, but Alamsyah Yunus has just won the MS title after beating Mohd Arif Abdul Latif in 3 sets: 21-12, 17-21, 21-14. Well done Alam in justifying the top-seeding and delivering another IC title! He is gonna be the top-seed again in the India IC next month and there will be formidable local opponents like Chetan Anand, Gurusaidutt R.M.V., Anand Pawar, Arvind Bhat, and Anup Sridhar to contend with.

So, 2 titles for Team INA, as Andhika Anhar/Keshya Nurvita Hanadia lost in the XD Final to Tan Aik Quan/Lai Pei Jing 18-21, 17-21.

I believe Team INA is also the overall winner in the Malaysia IC 2011, with 2 Golds and 2 Silver.