Malaysia Open 2006: FINAL (18/06)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by badMania, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Maybe he cannot face the embarassment of losing from a 20-13 position........ I was trying to figure out any bad call during the amazing ride by LCW which cud caused LD behaving that way but too bad ...No

2. Bresis

Bresis Regular Member

is tv1 going to show the MD match live?

3. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    congrats LCW :)
    u made lin dan 'KO'

anyone please upload the game lcw vs lindan to sendspace.com :D

4. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Exactly my sentiment too! I have never liked Lin Dan...and from today's incidents...I will NEVER LIKE HIM in the future! What a sore loser....

Even Bao Chunlai never showed such temper when he lost the Indonesian Open 2006 to Taufik due to bad judgement call! I hope players like Bao and Chen Jin can rise up the ranks and replace Lin Dan as China's no 1 player. Chen Jin certainly has the potential...and I like him.

5. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Yeah, until the news is over

6. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

I can't put it any better than you have.What a sore loser?I wish it's just a momentarily expression of frustration.Take my hats off for Chongwei.What a fighter,he is?Marten FRost and Peter Gade were absolutely right for their judgement of him.Here is a young Malaysianwho deserves to be applauded all the way.There's MAGIC in the air to borrow the word from Hasbullah Awang,a well-known sports commentator.

7. xijiayu

xijiayu Regular Member

Oh dear! will IBF fine LD? In some sports, you can get fined or banned for this reason.

8. hara^kazuko

Personally, I felt that he caused frustration among Malaysians, no Malaysians will support him anymore with him not respecting Malaysian Culture..

Dont come to Malaysia anymore if it's the deal...

Malaysian Culture has always gain foreign interests, I love the hat.. And what Lin Dan doing is making me boooo -ing him for hours

9. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    What means by chinese player don have sportmanship?this is not fair!most of them have sportmanship.Maybe you are right,the player in previous generation are more humble like Zhao Jian Hua.

10. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

yea...i totally agree 2 ur statement
    lin dan really dun deserve 2 be ibf num 1 as his should be ashame of his rudeness attitude

11. blue_apple

blue_apple Regular Member

is the men double match the last match 2day???

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

He's certainly better than most Chinese commentators we have to put up with at CCTV or GDTV. He has been commentaring on various sports (esp badminton and football) since I was young in Singapore...and I immediately recognized his voice. He is very experienced and knows the sports pretty well!

13. taufik-ist

it administrator
    poor lindan, he led 20:14 in 3rd set, but he couldn't finish it and he lost :)

i think this is the first time a miracle happen in 21 rally points system

14. shanepaul86

shanepaul86 Regular Member

student
    Ya, that's why i said Lin Dan was arrogant. I really don like him now.

15. taufik-ist

it administrator
    taufik is better, though he's a bad boy , he still has attitude :D

16. hara^kazuko

U tell me is lin dan sportmanshiplike? Okay, maybe that is just him, but he ruined China's image..

Actually what he had done is far worse than being unsportsmanlike... He actually didnt want to appreciate malaysian culture... What's for coming to Malaysia then...

He humilated me

I have always been proud of Malaysian's unique culture... It's the first time I have actually seen something like dat... Look at China's women double n single.. They are just curios with the band n willing to wear it... even though du lost

#276 hara^kazuko, Jun 18, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  17. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

with the sensational MS..other matches will be an anti-climax

18. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Throw racket away - I would not consider that rude at all. Is not targeted as disrespect to other people.

Without shaking hands - We didn't see it on camera so cannot be sure it didn't happen later during the 1000th replays of the same shot. Just when I wanted to see what happens right after LD brought his bag to his coach, its replay and replay again. I really hate the telecast people.

Didn't smile - Although he should smile, but its almost impossible for someone who was 2 points away from winning by a decent margin and yet lost just only minutes ago, to put on a smile right?

Take off medal - Yeah, not very nice. He's probably pissed out of his mind, but still not nice to do that.

Refuse to wear the hat - I absolutely do not blame him at all. No offense to whichever local culture, but... I wouldn't want to be caught on camera wearing that. :D But I do agree he should have declined with a smile (again hard to smile in his situation). But hey, the girl's hat doesn't look as bad!

Considering the stupid circumstances that he let himself lose, I would give him a benefit of doubt for a few days and see more reports on that. I would want to read the reports from China first.

19. zeroexz

zeroexz Regular Member

yea...better not be seeing him taking part in any malaysian tournament in future...he s jz tat lame....

20. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Damn, just got back and missed LCW's amazing fightback. :mad: If this is true (no bad line calls) it's better than last year's final comeback. :D

Remember last year's final? LD was leading 7-1 at the rubber too, after that he disintegrated due to one bad line call (giving LCW back the serve). And LCW took it home 15-9. I maintained that LD should have not allowed the line call affect him so much, he was leading by a wide margin. Plus unlike now, they were running the old 15-pt server point system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.