Malaysia Open 2006: FINAL (18/06)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by badMania, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    EastDevil, everyone wears that hat during the ceremony. I dont think you have to refuse wearing that. anyway its only for few seconds or minutes. After picture taking and all.. you can do whatever u want with the hat.

2. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I think is enough to critic him.Although me is very angry of his today attitude but say that he don deserve too be no1 is to serious.I think this is a two different method and i think he doesn't mean it.We better don say some serious word.This is the first time i saw him venting anger,maybe he really care about this competition.We can't hate him just because of one matter,we should forgive him.i think all his fans must be sad if we continue to critic him.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I disagree! It's basic courtesy to accept whatever that the organizer has decided upon during the prize presentation ceremony. Refusing it certainly puts the organizer in an awkward situation. If I were Lin Dan, I would simply just storm off and didn't even bother attending the prize-presentation ceremony! Showing that kind disrespect in front of a home crowd and live TV audiences is simply disgraceful...and a sore loser....

4. Bresis

Bresis Regular Member

no news abt the MD match yet?? this is becoming an anti Lin Dan thread...haha..so much reaction from every1...maybe he needs to hold a press conference later and apologize...hehehe

5. blue_apple

blue_apple Regular Member

eventhough any other players who lost jus now, like tracy hallam, she still wore the hat n she did smile!!!

but lin dan...he was pissed but he didn't need 2 show it rite??

yeah, i also want 2 read the report from china papers...see wat they will comment on their own badminton player!!

6. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Even though u thought the hat looks funny, you should take it with appreciation... COZ u dun receive a hat like this in normal occasions.. It is an honour thing to be given this hat.... That hat is not just simply Malaysian Culture... It's the Orang Mulu Warrior's Hat with fighter spirit in it.. SO LIN DAN simply just doesnt have any fighter spirit...

7. Bresis

Bresis Regular Member

I think it's even worse to storm off without attending the ceremony...dat's like 100% disrespect...but by refusing to wear the headgear..dat's abt 85% disrespect..:p

8. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Mind sharing details of the other couple of instances when this happened?

9. blue_apple

haha, i think he should really do...if not he will lose perhaps all the malaysian fans...n even the fans from other countries...

10. hara^kazuko

probably he should be banned from coming to Malaysia again... Well, some tournaments do with attitude like dat...

11. streamyx

streamyx Regular Member

Because of playing hard and dissapoinment u mean he can that?? Do u angry and u can kill peopel??
    Still remember AE Semi-final where LD fough back from 8-13 behind LCW and LD wins the game. How is LCW re-act?? He leave his racket up and use it to crap to shown thanks for the crowd support and of couse mean congrate to LD.

12. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    But it is too serious to open a press conference,things doesn't look so complicated.There are really many people anti him now,really feel pityful for him.I think he sure feel sad now.Hope his girlfriend XXF can calm him and support him!Now he need the support most.

13. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Does anybody has a picture of Lin Dan wearing any hat after winning a tournament?

14. blue_apple

u do not need 2 feel pityful for him, cuz it's his own attitude n stupidity tat makes ppl dislike him...blame himself for tat!!

15. blue_apple

no la, if Malaysia banned him we will be seen as we do not have sportsmanship...we must be forgiveful...

16. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

I mean players like Lin Dan, Chen Hong, Zhang Jun and Fu/Cai.

17. hara^kazuko

I'm totally agreed with you... Lee Chong Wei deserves the win... N i would say the crowd's boo to Lin Dan wasnt loud enough

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Guys, have u realized how in most LD vs LCW matchups, there's always catch-ups. I think their matchups are the most exciting because you just cannot say that the guy that's leading will win.

In MO 2005, LD led 10-1 1st set, LCW caught up and won 17-15. Again LD led 8-1 3rd set, LCW caught up and won 15-9.

In AE 2006, LD won 1st set and led comfortably in midway in 2nd set, suddenly LCW ran a string of pts and won. In 3rd set, LCW held matchpoint (14-6 I think) and LD caught up and took the match 17-14.

Now in MO 2006, LCW won 1st set, LD won 2nd set with identical scores. LD led the 3rd 20-13, and somehow LCW did not make any mistakes to tie 20-20 and eventually win 23-21.

19. hara^kazuko

He didnt even want the hat... He shoved the minister off by shaking his hand n head terribly

20. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Well, as you can see, many people here's momentary reaction is the same thing as Lin Dan's earlier. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.