Malaysia Open 2006: FINAL (18/06)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by badMania, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

Taufik is a gentleman.When he lost to Chongwei,though injured,he still credits CW with the win.Though many might feel TH has an attitude,he is still much better than many.Well I like your frankness.

2. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I hope Jonas would win... but they are not fighting hard today.

3. freakout

freakout Regular Member

Are you saying that LD never wears any hat given to him at any tournament? now that's truly arrogant. But I believe he or the officials got an explaination to his behaviour today, just wait for tomorrow's news.

4. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    In this respect, I agree that Taufik has far more sportsmanship than his hardcore fans. :D :D :D

5. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    I'm not saying, I just want to find out if he has this habit.

Hey, we should learn to put wide-angled lens in our eyes sometimes.

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Fact: I am not a Malaysian. But still, when I watched how Lin Dan refused to be given the head-band...I was like..."what the...." It was a total disrespect of the culture and the organizer! Imagine if the scene was happening in Singapore and he refused to be given the flower (or other symbolic item) during the prize presentation ceremony. What would you feel?? He made LCW and the VIP giving the prizes some awkward moments! Other losers don't display such disrespect...

7. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    he may only wear LYB's hat :D

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

When he lost to Sato and Lin Dan during the Thomas Cup, he still shook their hands...he accepted his defeat. Unlike Lin Dan today....what a shame...

9. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

To lose 2 years in arow when he thought he had the title in the bag maybe tooooooooo much for him

10. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

At least the Dane and China XD pairs enjoy wearing the hats.....
    taking part in tournaments around the world allowed you to learn more about the cultures of people surviving in this wide world....

11. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    You cannot ask me that question as I do not represent a typical Singaporean. :D I'm a far too liberal kind of person. I simply do not bother at all whether people are comfortable with donning symbols of my country or not and I don't take it as an insult because its their choice. I'm a weirdo I have to admit. :D

But I do believe Lin Dan should have declined politely if he do not wish to wear the hat.

12. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    But this time they asked the participants first before offering it. :D

13. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    I don't know...like taking off his shirts and the finger-pointing salute. If I remember correctly, when he lost last year to LCW in the 2005 Malaysian Open, I don't think he shook hand with LCW either. I think it was Lee who made the extra effort to walk to over to where Lin was packing his stuff to congratulate him for an excellent game.

I don't know...to me it does seems like he's a sore loser. Of course losing isn't fun but if you noticed other players' expression after they lost a match, it is not NEARLY as anything like Lin Dan's. Other players will acknowledge their opponent's superiority that day by shaking hand with their opponents whole-heartedly. Some goes further by patting on the other player's back and there are others that even friendly "hug."

I believe if you do a search for the pictures from the 2005 Singapore Open you will see that Peter GADE truly did acknowledge great game play of Taufik through these actions even though Peter lost (he had lost in 3 very very close sets). I think Kenneth Jonassen genuinely gave Taufik friendly hug after their game during the 2006 Indonesian Open. Same thing with Taufik, even if he loses, he would clap & applaud after every match.

I am not saying people should go to this extremity but something near the other end of the sprectrum such as Lin Dan's action, attitude, and expressions aren't what we need because it is unsportmanship-like. Lin Dan is the worst player I've seen with sportmanship.

===========================================================

I've also noticed that for some reason generally Chinese players do not have good sportmanship as whole even when the opponents are Chinese. I have rarely ever see Chinese women's singles/doubles or even men's singles really congratulate each other after a match which makes me think they might not really be happy for their winning teammate(s). Dannish (eg. Peter GADE, Kenneth, Jonas) and Indonesian players (eg. Sigit, Candra, Tony, Halim, Taufik) are very close to each other and are always sincere when shaking hands with their own teammates.

#333 virusvoodoo, Jun 18, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  14. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    maybe the hat doesn't fit lindan's head, offcourse he's a big head :)

15. Chu Liuxiang

Chu Liuxiang Regular Member

Can Mohd Fairuzizuan/Lin Woon Fui able to beat CCM/KKK ? I hope they can put up a good fight.

16. blue_apple

blue_apple Regular Member

wow, kkk nv wear hair band 2day

17. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

EastDevil, If Ronald had beaten and LD in such a manner in SO, and LD refused in such a manner, I think you will be singing a different song.

Wide=angled lens? This is basic human courtesy we are talking about. LD does not even have that, he is a machine trained for badminton. I am sorry but u cannot understand our disappointment now, this is becos MAS fans always held LD so highly, and now he does this :crying:

It is not only about disrespect, LD has disappointed and let down the badminton world by acting like such a child. I will not support LD again, and I think a lot of ppl will agree with me unless LD changes his attitude.

Dont ask us to look at the big picture if you yourself missed the main and basic fact about human decency.

#337 wl2172, Jun 18, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2006
  18. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

okay we can get back to "how could lin dan" comments later, now let's enjoy the MD

19. tehsham

tehsham Regular Member

Well with the 'slap in the face' by LD no suprising they ask first and the pairs do not object

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Lets see whether KKK will refuse the hat if he lost later...hehehe :D That guy is also very temperemental.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.