Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Malaysia Open 2006: FINAL (18/06)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by badMania, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Some sports stars are definitely not "great" role-models but let's not credit sportsman's behaviour with that much influence on children. Badly-bahaved kids are products of their parents.

One thing is, we put too much attention to sportsmen to be role-models. These people are isolated young people who does nothing much but train for their sports and they are definitely not qualified to be role-models for our children.

They can be good or bad case studies, but definitely not role-models.

2. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Eh... I just don't go anti anyone that's all. Okay, I am anti those players that do not work hard. :D

3. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

okay since MD is ended I guess we could go back to the whole lin dan being an ass discussion.

4. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    All popular people (even fictional ones like Superman) are role models whether they like it or not.

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    lCW vs Lin dan part 2 in taipei open 2006 will be a interesting match
    ================
    korea vs france....
    2 : 0
    ================

6. freakout

freakout Regular Member

well..... on second thought, LD isn't really that impolite. Instead of saying it out, I think he's giving a hint to the future organisers that all he cares is the cheque. No flowers, hat, medal etc etc for him except the cheque. :p

7. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    On a more serious note, I would suggest that the organisers do not host the award ceremony immediately after a match because sometimes, emotions run high and these players who psyche themselves alot to play the game might not have cooled down and think straight yet.

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This has been the tradition in almost every sport...badminton, tennis, table tennis, even football finals. If the award presentation ceremony is after the finals have been concluded, when is the more appropriate time?

9. Wildstone

Wildstone Regular Member

Agreed, and somemore it is not the organiser's fault that the player could not control his emotions. A fully trained and best players should have high EQ as well as skills. Obviously LD has not learnt this and he does not deserve to be "No.1".

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Looking at the draw of the Chinese Taipei Open, Lin Dan's "affairs" with Malaysian affairs will begin yet again with Roslin as early as in Round 1/32, and Hafiz in the Quarter-Final (if he has recovered).

Interestingly, the unlucky Kuan Beng Hong must face Kendrick Lee in Round 1/32 and then possibly Eric Pang in Round 1/16. He needs to win to build up his already low confidence.

The newly crowned Malaysia Open champion, LCW should have relatively easy times till quarter-final, where Boonsak yet again is scheduled to meet him. After that, its possibly Chen Hong and Lin Dan.

So, next week is still going to be interesting.

11. setaa

setaa Regular Member

taufik isnt that bad.. at least as long as i've seen him he's been relatively polite

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun are also going to meet Malaysians from Round 1/16 onwards, starting from possibly Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock, Chew Choon Eng/Hong Chieng Hun, and Gan Teik Chai/Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif if they are to reach the final to meet Chan Chong Ming/Koo Kien Keat. Choong/Lee and Mohd Tazari/Lin will not be in Taipei.

13. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    LCW vs Lin Dan again? I hope he beat the hell out of him again....

14. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    hope zakry n gan gain their revenge on fu n cai

15. verinee@yey

verinee@yey Regular Member

stdnt
    malaysia open 2006:final

Dear Eastdevil,congrats to all ur effort contributing in defending lin dan!!
    u might getting tired of defending-defending-defending all anti LD's post...

PEACE!!i'm harmless!!:D :D

16. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Do you have high EQ? If you have, how come you are not the number 1 sportsman? What kind of clown would expect a very young man who is very good with badminton to be a saint as well?

If you equate EQ with being deserving of world number 1, sorry that you would be one of the last to deserve it.

He is number 1 because he won more badminton games not because he won more popularity contests. He seems to have bad behaviour today and he must try to improve it but by any accounts, he deserve to be number 1 in badminton.

Popularity and skill are two seperate thing. what kind fo clown would expect popularity to count in world ranking? :D

17. z3048018

z3048018 Regular Member

actually, i'm a LD fan but after what happened today he has dropped a number of places. i'm sure if Yannie saw what happened today she would have felt disappointed by his 'over reaction'

18. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    lcw vs lin dan part 2 in taipei open, i hope lcw will beat lin dan again :D

=====================================
    waiting for korea vs france :)

[​IMG]

===============================================

Attached Files:

19. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    If you read carefully my posts, I am not exactly "defending" Lin Dan at all. I just find the mob rage mentality absolutely moronic and will simply make asian badminton fans look stupid.

Let's not forget that recently when one silly danish newspaper published some silly cartoons, a whole big bunch of brainless people demanded death to danes, burn danish flags, boycott danish economy, etc...

Emotional people do not react rationally... Same thing as an emotional sportsman didn't react rationally during some prize ceremony.

20. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Are the 2 pictures some kind of Spot-The-Difference game? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.