Malaysia Open 2006: SEMI-FINAL (17/06)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by badMania, Jun 16, 2006.

1. sweetgal

sweetgal Regular Member

it was fun in the stadium.. screamed my lungs out.. i pity those playing against the msians.. no supporters at all.. maybe there were some, but not enough for them to hear the cheering.. but i was disappointed eriksen lost.. one funny thing that happened was when my friend insisted that this tall guy was chen jin, i went over and asked for an autograph.. the guy was holding a t-shirt but wasnt wearing one of those tshirts.. so when i asked, he said, "wo shi gong zuo ren yuan" as in i'm not a player, i''m a worker here.. i guess i got tricked.. haha.. couldn't really recognise him.. smart though.. wasn't hassled by a whole bunch of people. haha..

2. sweetgal

sweetgal Regular Member

i think xxf took tracey a lil to easy.. dont think xxf expected to lose.. she looked as if everything was too easy for her.. my friend said when he was at riverside, he went over to lin dan and xxf for their autograph.. they were talking about how xxf can win msia open.. lin dan was saying that she has to watch out for zhang ning cos zn can beat xxf.. but they didn't expect xxf to go down in the semis.. i have a feeling xxf didnt take tracey too seriously..

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

And XXF paid the heavy price of humiliation.

#223 X Ball, Jun 17, 2006
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  4. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Yeah, the way she played in first set, fulled of confident n relax... She only did jump smash when in need... I guess she overlooked Tracey

5. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

yes, agree wf u guys....she was too relax n over confident. I was in the stadium, comparing the way she plays n Zhang Ning, Zhang was real good, but XXF....a bit lazy

Well done to Tracey....btw, I met her outside the stadium, took her photo, autograph, n talk to her...she is really friendly.

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Yes she would be a happy gal tonight. Totally deserves her win!

7. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Yeah... I wonder if she's reaching the top of her career at the late age, maybe she could go further with fantastic result like dis..

8. sweetgal

sweetgal Regular Member

me too.. she was in a good mood.. popular today.. but she deserves it..

9. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

i m happy too, coz Zhang Ning won de match...haha, n i saw it wf my own eyes

Can't wait to cheer for her tomorrow...will cheer mati mati for LCW as well. Malaysia Boleh!!!

10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

She may be in her twilight but who cares, she loves the game and plays it well. Tonight she played her guts out. And there is no one who saw her would not like to congratulate her. I am sure all the English players would love her for this achievement.

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

She may be in her twilight but who cares, she loves the game and plays it well. Tonight she played her guts out. And there is no one who saw her would not like to congratulate her. I am sure all the English fans/players would love her for this achievement.

12. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Wow....ur fren can hear what they said???

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Malaysian doubles.

Welldone Malaysia for reaching the finals. I believe some of you may be put off with the attitude of the malaysian doubles pair especially KKK/CCM who shows no respect for the chinese.:cool: :cool: They should have shake their opponents hands first as a mark of respect:) :) . Hopefully they can show a good example to the younger players and show some good role model. Sportmanship is important even though sometimes players may be over enthusiastic about the winning. Regret to see this. :crying: :crying: It shows there is no discipline. Winning locally is easy (seems untouchable), winning outside of Malaysia is a different thing. Wonder if IBF do have code of conduct. Nevertheless, Malaysia Boleh!:D

14. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Please help me to Cheer Tracey up tomorrow. I like her to win the title.

Pretty please for LCW as well............Terima Kasih !!!!!!!!!

15. yannie

yannie Regular Member

X Ball, it's unfair to label him like that. Cai Yun also doesn't like to lose, but in a match, someone has to lose.

Sometimes, emotions can overwhelm us and we don't really realize what we've done.

I know Cai personally, I'm sure he feels bad for not shaking hands, but at that moment he was too distraught.

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

No excuse for not shaking hands !!! It is called unsportsmanlike. If KKK did not do that because he lost, he would also be called unsportsmanlike. Got it ?

17. Louisa

Louisa Regular Member

errrrrr.....a bit susah, as i m fanatic supporter of ZN.:D Anyway, i sure will clap for Tracey for all her good shots. I congratulate n encourage her a few hours ago, outside the stadium....a friendly n humble player. I met Chen Hong as well, but....cool guy, even i talk to him in his language....no response from him, so frustrated.

LCW is different, friendly and patient...even when we asked him for photo taking and autograph...credit to him. So does LWW, CCM n KKK.

Going to get ZN's autograph tomorrow...wish me good luck. Malaysia Boleh!!!

18. yannie

yannie Regular Member

Ok, I agree it's unsportsmanlike, but surely not a "loser". Got it?

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Well was she a loser tonight you tell me ?:p

20. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

It's alright.Sometimes you win,sometimes you lose.If every time China win,then it wouldn't be fun anymore,would it.That' the beauty of the 21 point.It makes the game more unpredictable.Just imagine players from India,Germany,The Philippines,Russia,Hungry and so on start to win open tournament,what an impact it would have on the popularity of badminton worldwide .I believe you will be the first one to agree that the popularity of badminton superscedes all.Anyway,not to worry cj will win again soon.