Malaysia Open 2007 - Day 5 (SF)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by hcyong, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Ethan

Ethan Regular Member

Really happy today !! WMC and KKK/TBH won !! I think we have a chance to break the chinese domination in WS for the very very first time !! Just hope that WMC can play her normal game, and Zhu Lin run out of steam.

KKK/TBH(/Rexy) vs the legends. Wow !! Asian games champion against olympic games champions. I hope TBH can cut out his errors. He still seems to make more errors than KKK. Good luck to them tomorrow !!

2. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    One person breaking China WS domination??? ROFL, LMAO...:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    First of all, Zhu Lin has been way more dominant than WMC in this tournament plus her games were all short, and you expect her to run out of gas first???:confused:

If miracle happens, but then China still has ZN, XXF, and several others top WS players... how are you suppose to beat that kind of domination with a player whom has just reach her first final game appearance??? Get real...:rolleyes:

3. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Just came home from the stadium. Wow, the whole stadium can be described as "roaring" esp when Malaysian players playin!!! Other players got some big big cheers from us too! We Malaysian just love badminton... lol....

4. haifeng4ever

haifeng4ever Regular Member

Congrats for KKK/TBH. Their perfomance today will simply terrific. Keep on fighting!

5. xymaerts

xymaerts Regular Member

U better don't call we(chinese) a Malay!! we r not Malay!! We are Malaysian(Malayisa citizen).

6. $100 Dreams

$100 Dreams Regular Member

haha... i agree! Its not being racist or anything.. but all malaysians are not all malays! cheers!

congrats to the players who won today!!

7. yannie

yannie Regular Member

i heard the matches were not-so-interesting and the tickets were NOT sold out as previous days..

tomorrow, a lot of players won't even come to watch the finals.. zzz...

8. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

yes, today's competition was a huge letdown with two walkovers... only the MD match provide some 'compensation' for us fans... the rest are really zzz...

9. yannie

yannie Regular Member

cynthia u went too right? u all went..
    mei ying, cynthia, winnie, hian hui, mei yen, wenjie took a group photo, then the pizza man held 2 pizzas behind.. LMAO!!!!!
    and i know that hendra a.g.'s voice sounds like a duck, cuz he called ong soon hock like "ong soon HOOOOOOOCK"
    i know terry spoke with choong hann, chen jin about me..
    i know terry was talking with with hendra a.g. while hendra was sitting with rian.. hahahahahaha and joko never came to hall..
    huhuhuhuhu..

10. chehsi

chehsi Regular Member

Administrative
    wish i was sitting nearer to court 1 :p

btw.. when the song Ice Ice Baby (by Vanilla Ice) was played, Nathan Robertson was doing warm up... and suddenly, he started to dance to Ice Ice Baby.. the Vanilla Ice way.. ahahah..

11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Yannie, it was full house today. I expect tomorrow to be the same, as it's very rare to have two Malaysian finalists.

MS
    Only one game today. Peter was sharp in a very competitive match against Kenneth. He does not look like he was hospitalised just a week ago.
    Predicted title winner: Peter Gade

WS
    Zhu Lin was dominant against Yao Jie, so it wasn't a very interesting match. But Zhu Lin looks sharp and fast. Wong Mew Choo's match against Eriko can be considered the best match of the day. Both games were tight, and both players played very interesting rallies. In the end, Wong just had that little bit extra. I also believe the will of the crowd got her a few points.
    Predicted title winner: Zhu Lin (she looks like the next Zhang Ning). I hope that once again, I am proven wrong.

MD
    Lee Yong Dae hobbled around on a bad ankle, so Tony/Chandra got a rest day today. KKK/TBH played a very fast game against Kido/Setiawan. The match was mostly drives, counter-drives, nets and counter-nets. The majority of the match was played at the front of the court. I think the Indons got dragged into playing the game that the Malaysians want. The normally steady Hendra Gunawan showed brief glimpses of brilliance but his game was riddled with unforced and slightly-forced errors, especially in the second game.
    Predicted title winner: Tony Gunawan/Chandra Wijaya (I believe they will succeed in slowing down the game and frustrating the Malaysians)

WD
    Ah, after the exit of the first ko, the other two ko's followed suit. The Indons thoroughly deserved the win. They played a very good attacking game, while the Japanese looked a little bit jaded. Gao/Huang was slightly troubled by the Koreans in the first game; the Koreans defended well and was like a dam holding back the water, but in the second game, the dam broke and the torrent of water was released.
    Predicted title winner: Gao Ling/Huang Sui (just too strong)

XD
    Gao/Zheng looks the top XD pair in the world right now, having no trouble dispatching of Widianto/Natsir. Both players combined very well and I feel they are better than Gao/Zhang Jun partnership. Emms is great as usual and Robertson is temperamental as usual. I expect a good final.
    Predicted title winner: Gao/Zheng

12. yannie

yannie Regular Member

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Some quickie comments from SF day..

okay, just finished reading thru the SF thread and sounds like it was another fantastic day of competition...i actually read some of the posts in this thread last night, but was too sleepy to write anything..anyways..
    - The WD match between the JPN vs. INA pairs sounded quite entertaining. I don't know what happened to the JPN pair which caused them to lose focus, and the match, after being in control and enjoying the momentum from their QF's victory.
    - WMC's victory must be the most pleasant surprise, esp. for the M'sian fans. Albeit the absences of ZN & XXF, the extensive training WMC had gotten from ZM, months earlier, must've really paid off. Now, will she continue her outstanding performance in the Final??
    - The ankle injury suffered by LYD(Korea) is quite unfortunate as he is scheduled to perform in front of the home crowd next week.
    - The lost of INA's XD pair of Nova/Lilyana was not a surprise. Like i've mentioned before, IMO, until Lilyana gets a new partner, their 2005 WC title could possibly be their biggest & last big win in their partnership.
    ..hehe, talk abt a stroll in the park...:p :D ;)
    *kwun, i noticed you've posted quite a few posts the last couple of days. Good to have you back posting again;) :cool:

#213 ctjcad, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2007