MAS Team to Scotland

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2007' started by tjl_vanguard, May 16, 2007.

1. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

I disagree here. Others team in the group 1 also had problem with their WS and WD except for China and Hong Kong (wang Chen) and Korea WD.

So in that case, Malaysia girls still had a chance when they play other team girls. That also the same for any other team girls. They all had 50:50 chance.

2. Deana Deyla

Deana Deyla Regular Member

Student
    helo..im newbie here..anyway,do u think malaysian can win or at least go for final?i hope so..but china seem to have more chance to win..

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Disagree? Then why only a few years ago was M'sia in a lower group? Men too weak?

4. teabag

teabag Regular Member

i write.
    I think HCpoirot is referring to the current batch of women players in the team, like say WMC who should be able to take on all other women's singles in Group 1 except China and there are also younger players slowly rising up. But thats only a recent trend, like u said, traditionally Malaysia never had strong representatives in the women's team. So HCpoirot probably saw in the current team that Malaysia will have a good chance with the WS at least.

WD may be more of a concern cos Chin/Wong has been struggling with injuries and its uncertain how long more they will continue playing professionally while the younger players have the tendency to quit the team because of injuries too like Sock Ai did recently.

5. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

That what I mean.

These days in WS, outside of China and ex China girls, other gilrs got the same chance to win a match.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Wednesday June 6, 2007

Badminton: Big task for top pair Koo-Tan

By LIM TEIK HUAT

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia may not stand a chance to win the Sudirman Cup (world mixed team championships) but doubles chief coach Rexy Mainaky wants to see winning performances from Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong.

Kien Keat-Boon Heong are expected to feature in all the vital men's doubles matches in Malaysia's campaign in Division One of the championships beginning in Glasgow next Monday and Rexy is looking at an unbeaten record from the world number two.

Heavy load: Kien Keat and Boon Heong are in better shape now.
    Malaysia will be aiming to feature in the semi-finals for the first time and they have Thailand, England and defending champions China for company in Group A. In Group B are South Korea, Indonesia, Denmark and Hong Kong.

Among the possible match-ups for Kien Keat-Boon Heong in the group ties are world number one Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng of China, World Championships runners-up Anthony Clark-Robert Blair of England and Sudket Prapakamol-Phattapol Ngernsrisuk of Thailand.

The other top doubles pairs in the other group are Indonesians Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan, Danes Martin Lundgaard Hansen-Jens Eriksen and South Koreans Lee Yong-dae-Jung Jae-sung.

There is also the possibilities for South Korea and Indonesia to field scratch combinations because they have good options in their line-ups. South Korea and Indonesia have 20-member teams while Malaysia have named only 10.

Rexy viewed playing in the Sudirman Cup as another opportunity for Kien Keat-Boon Heong to stamp their dominance in world badminton again.

“I hope they can win all their matches because the country will be counting on them to win a point in every tie,” he said.

“It will be a good opportunity for them to beat the Chinese pair if they meet again. I do not think that Malaysia can beat China in a Sudirman Cup tie. But it's going to be an incentive if Koo-Tan can beat the top Chinese pair and avenge the defeat in the Indonesian Open last month.

“In the Indonesian Open, the Chinese pair were able to keep up with their pace in the second game. Koo-Tan lost because they did not train up to the mark but they have got better since then.”

Cai Yun-Haifeng beat the Malaysians for the first time in the semi-finals of the Indonesian Open. Prior to that, Kien Keat-Boon Heong had beaten them en route to winning the All-England and Swiss Open titles in March.

The Chinese beat three Malaysian pairs – Lee Wan Wah-Choong Tan Fook, Kien Keat-Boon Heong and Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Latif – en route to winning their second consecutive Super Series title in Jakarta.

They are seen as the biggest threat to Malaysia's hopes in the world championships in Bukit Jalil in August.

Kien Keat, who will be making his third straight Sudirman Cup appearance, hoped to put up a good show with his partner.

“Unlike previously, I will not be playing in the mixed doubles. It's better because I can concentrate solely on giving my best in the men's doubles match,” he said.

7. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    i think koo-tan stands for a good chance beating all the pairs there... if koo is up to him play.. :D

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Malaysian players and personnels..

(courtesy of sports.qq.com)..here are some pics of M'sian players-enjoy!;)

Wong Mew Choo
    [​IMG]

Lee Chong Wei
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Koo Kien Keat
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. cute_tbh

cute_tbh Regular Member

hope they can beat cai yun and fu haifeng, again...