Maybank MALAYSIA Open SS Premier 2015 : QUARTERFINALS (3rd April 2015)

Discussion in 'Yonex Sunrise India Open / Maybank Malaysia Open 2' started by CLELY, Apr 2, 2015.

1. *___*

*___* Regular Member

I think it is the longest on record. From my data of games from 2012 at Grand Prix Level and above. This is the longest match I found: Indonesia SSP

1sx.PNG

What's amazing is Saina had a 50 minute SF victory over Sung Ji Hyun, then a 1hr5m 3 game victory over Li Xuerui in the final!

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...E26487-E37A-49AF-8EB9-A96889DA6099&d=20120617

Come to think of it, this was probably the longest day of finals ever. Every game went the distance lasting almost 6 hours in total!

1in.jpg

Would have been amazing to watch that

2. Yohaneesy

Yohaneesy Regular Member

student high school
    I think WSX after a good rest will be resourceful because, first she's kind of used to having such long rallies and make the matches go longer and also, she's such a fit and healthy person, she is very organised i mean when it comes to eating, stretching etc .. that's why she can stay injury free. I found this article 2h after her match:
    It took almost two hours before Chinese ace Wang Shixian booked her women's singles semi-final berth in the Malaysia Open Premier Superseries held at Putra Stadium, Bukit Jalil today.

Wang, 25, the second seed was initially given a strong challenge by Japan's unseeded Nozomi Okuhara, before subduing her in three sets 21-19, 15-21 and 22-20 in one hour 51 minutes.

"It was a very tough game for me but I am very happy to win the game because since last year, I never entered the semifinal superseries"

"My opponent today was very young and she is a fighter. She still can play even though she was already suffering from cramps. But I kept calm and tried to control the last game," said Wang, who is currently ranked fifth in the latest Badminton World Federation (BWF) ranking.

She said she did not want to think so much about advancing to the final, but to focus more on preparing herself for the next match.

"All I want to do now to have a very good rest," she added.

- See more at: http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/...-final-in-malaysian-open#sthash.ZLfwxhWp.dpuf

I definitely think that it is not a 1h51 that will stop WSX to achieve her purpose :), her grueling match won't have a serious toll on her tomorrow performance (i'm saying tomorrow because it's midnight in Europe)

3. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Well, it won't diminish her determination, that's for sure, but it can slow down her legs...

4. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Looking back at the Indonesia Open finals posted above, it's ironic that all losers (other than the MS match) had the last laugh two months later at the London Olympics.

5. *___*

*___* Regular Member

Ahmad/ Natsir lost bronze medal match to Nielsen/ Pedersen

6. Yohaneesy

Yohaneesy Regular Member

student high school
    yeah, i agree...

7. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

I meant: relative to the victors in the IO finals.

8. Yohaneesy

Yohaneesy Regular Member

student high school
    what you wrote is very beautiful *Hands clapping* !!

#288 Yohaneesy, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015