Mew Choo will soon train under Misbun

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ants, Apr 1, 2008.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    That would be good too as she will also gather more knowledge and up her level when train under Misbun.

Btw maybe some of you might think that she is training under Misbun...but she is not. She is currently under Wong Tat Meng.

#1 ants, Apr 1, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Actually this could be a good thing.

She has very high motivation and fitness, but lacks some finesse and subtlety to her play, maybe MS can impart some of his skills to her. Whilst I think his style does not suit MS game these days, in WS against the current CHN WS it would work.

Hopefully her fitness levels do not drop. LCW looks less well physically under MS.

3. winnie

winnie Regular Member

then what will happen to wong tat meng? now who else under his charge if wmc would be transferred under misbun, wch retiring soon..

4. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    WMC already trained under Misbun before.

I suppose BAM want to make way for WTM to take over those promoted from backup squad, maybe.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think she want to see lcw more often;)

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Superb idea. Training and dating at the same time. I thought it more likely LCW wants to see WMC more often.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i think misbun knows it could energize both of them:eek:;):D:p:cool:

8. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    hahaha, yeah, maybe she missed wei wei. wont they get distracted if they train together? just joking. misbun will make it work. :)

i do hope she will get better. learn new things. incorporate them in her arsenal. and be a champion!! :) good luck WMC.

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..which style to choose??..hmmm..

..WMC has beaten the CHN's WS wall before, on the way to winning her first major title (last yr's China Open), using her style of play...Whilst Tine has beaten the CHN's WS wall on the way to her titles (last yr's Japan Open and this yr's Malaysia and All England Opens), not once but three times, using her power style of play.....So, go figure..:cool:

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    She/they haven't been able to consistently beat them though, and playing her style you really have to be feeliong good and healthy, with a bit more style and finesse, it will give her more breathing space between big points.

Tine is a totally different player, she is a shot maker, but inconsistent. If she hits the lines well she can take the game, but wear her down and she loses the edge, and the erors creep in. CHN WS new crop aren't good at wearing down though, they are also shot makers.

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

it was just due to good timing on wmc part.
    wmc was at her best form while xxf was look tired in that china open.
    Both xxf and zhang ning are gearing up for the 08 OG. Their recent form at the swiss open looks pretty good.

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..yes, yes, yes, WMC's surprising win @ last yr's China Open SS might be her only chance to conquer the great CHN WS wall. And concur, chances like that might not come again for her as WMC has yet still to play consistently against the mighty CHN WS players.
    As to the reason WMC won last yr's CHN Open because "it was good timing" or "XXF and the rest of her compatriots looked sluggish/tired/unprepared etc.", well, those can be considered. But i would credit WMC, too, during the China Open, for being prepared & healthy.

As for Tine, the only fact i have is that during her 3 recent titles run, she defeated 12 out 15 current CHN or ex-CHN players, incl. all of the current top CHN WS players. I don't think it's a coincidence she's been able to produce those, i mean even the top ex-CHN players (Wang Chen, PHY, YJ or XHW) haven't been able to accomplish what Tine has done. And i would mainly credit that to her style of play, which i've read and heard even from the CHN's camp that she plays like a "man", and being able to avoid injuries. Knock on wood, if she can avoid the latter during these next 4+ months, then i'd say "watch out, Beijing!"..:cool:

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i agree with others that tine is the player that china WS team is looking out for Tine has the height and shot power. If Tine improves on her consistency by the time she hit the OG, Tine in the OG WS final is highly expected by me.

14. ants

ants Regular Member

I will not be suprised if Tine win the Gold. Pressure is on China. Mew Choo might give us a suprise as well.

15. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

I couldn't worry too much about tine at the olympic. the problem is she shown her hand too early and the all mighty china will have a whole team working on to beat her for the next few months.

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic-Oops..

:p..(self-correction)..She didn't defeat 12 different opponents. But meant to write, "she defeated current CHN or ex-CHN players in 12 out of the 15 matches", all of them at least once.:cool:
    ..hmm, i didn't realize Tine is now considered, at least by the whole mighty CHN WS squad, as the WS player to defeat in the upcoming Olympics...:p ;)

#16 ctjcad, Apr 3, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

tine is the only real contender against the chinese WS now IMO.
    We have seen what damage xxf and zhang ning STILL could do onto wang chen, pi hongyan when the formers are serious and in form.

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Here's a scenario..

..suppose this "wild" scenario happens in the upcoming Olympics:
    Tine will be grouped in the same half with most of CHN's WS players (most likely 2 of them). And WMC is grouped in the other half. Tine (or others) then takes out all of CHN's WS players in one group; whilst WMC also does the same to her opponents, in the other group. At the end, both of them meet each other in the Finals. Who shall win?? Which playing style will come out on top??...hmmm..:confused: :rolleyes::cool:
    Btw, cooler, we haven't heard from your friend OneToughBirdie for a while. How's everything with him??..:confused:

19. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    i think tine might probably win with her aggresive play. it seems that those who play aggresively are doing better than the ones who dont. i was watching the match between LD and LCW during last year's sudirman cup and i think the only reason it was a good fight was because LCW played aggresively as opposed to his usual passive play. and so, i think, tine with her aggresive play have a better chance against tactical play of WMC. but that is just my opinion. :)

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Mew Choo is looking foward to the Challenge in Beijing. She is happy to be able to train under Misbun consistently before Olympics. The reason is not because LCW is there. They see each othr often anyway.