Mia Audina stops playing badminton

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by Mausje, Aug 16, 2006.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Best wishes..

Yah, concur also, Dan...Perhaps it's time for them to really "settle down" & start their own family??..God Bless them also;) :)

2. walkinghome

walkinghome Regular Member

It doesn't have to be a FULL STOP

It doesn't have to be a full stop for Mia, does it? Just never say never that's all.

Sometimes no matter what you read or hear or think about you can keep relating it back to one person.

I thought about Mia when reading Roslin's comment in today's Internationalbadminton.org update about the Korea Open:
    “I still believe in my chances. Poul-Erik won the Olympics after 30, so why can’t I?” laughed the Malaysian.

And the tale of a rejuvenated Brita Andersen's at the Korean Open:
    She was probably far from hoping for such a success when four years ago she decided to call it quits for a while as she was getting tired of badminton. “I went to Spain for two years, for my job, and forgot about badminton. When I came back to Aarhus, there was a good opportunity for playing again and I took it and I moved back to Copenhagen -- reports Raphael

I also recall Fung Permadi who won the Korea Open and onto a World Championship final at around 31.

And an instance even closer to Mia is Lotte Bruil who had her baby and came back to win the Dutch Open with Mia recently, and off to have baby #2 now.

Martina Navratilova retires soon. What's significant is that she has been playing tennis as long as she feels good competing and has the desire to, she said.

It doesn't need to be a terminal decision, right? Of course, I accept Mia's stopping playing. Who could not understand that after a 12 year career. I'm still staying optimistic. And, that was a nice write up by Raphael this week.

#42 walkinghome, Aug 24, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  3. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

Yeah walkinghome I agree with you , i'm always optimistic .. i wish that someday she will really miss badminton and she'll get back to her badminton court =)
    how i wish she could read that .. =)

4. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Mia will be spokesperson for Winex

I've been told by Winex Taiwan that Mia Audina has signed a three year endorsement deal with Winex until 2009.

Apparently she also has expressed an interest in coaching so don't be surprised if that happens.

Attached is a new promo pic of Mia for Winex

Attached Files:

5. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Let us appreciate her choice n hope for her best..