Mixed doubles - positions

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Evanplaysbadminton, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Evanplaysbadminton

Evanplaysbadminton Regular Member

Hello,

When we're in defense, side to side, if my partner takes a drop shot at the net, should I stay where I am or put myself behind her and go back to my position when she goes back ?
    I feel like I should be ready to cover a fast clear/lift behind her if the doesn't return correctly.

What should I do when the lady is behind after a flick ?
    Usually I put myself at the centre but not as close to the net as in levels because I expect her to come back which never happens... My partners don't seem to be up for rotation when they are behind. So maybe when she gets a flick, I should move closer to the net and try to put pressure on the net ?
    I've thought about moving backwards when I'm at the net to force her to move front. I've also thought about not moving at all to the center when she gets flicked to force her to come back, at least, side to side. But I've been tought when a player gets flicked, the other should move to the center.

Thanks.

2. Cesium

Cesium Regular Member

Web Developer
    Well Im not pro but my opinion is you should move slightly behind her to cover her back.

If she's new to the sport....then I just pray :D:D:D:D:D