MO 2006 Game Analysis

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by X Ball, Jun 18, 2006.

1. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I think LCW is proving that he can call on his game when he wants to. To come from 8 points down to achieve success is a monumental task.

How did he do in this tournament ? Superb ! Absolutely one of the best tournaments for him - climaxing in the final with a 'come from behind' is the most satisfying for both him and the fans.

I think he must have conquered his 'fear' of playing Lin Dan. From now onwards, I think the opposite would be true -- Lin Dan would probably have apprehension playing LCW. There will be the psychological 'fear' barrier for him --- if LCW starts to play great, Lin Dan may capitulate because he may remember this day when LCW overcame him (and Admin, please do not edit !!! This is fair comment!).

2. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    yes agree.. this is his greatest triumph.. saving 8 game points to win it...
    However I disagree with this "conquered his fear" of LD.. LCW never feared LD.. in fact I doubt he feared any players.. the problem with LCW's fast and high pace game is that he is prone to make simple unforced errors...
    And I believe yesterday's match was not his best as he made many unforce errors.. imagine he is able to sustain the sort of performance like the last 8 points in future tournament (ie. no silly unforce errors..), he will be unstopable..
    Nevertheless.. he has made us proud... with his hardworking and humble attitude.. I hope he can excel even greater and achieve his dream of world #1!! :)

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    But you must also factor in the fact that LCW only seems to give LD trouble when the match is played on his homeground.

4. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

They match is always close. Remember the All England semifinals match? ;)

5. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Not really. In the All-England, they were neck to neck (3 games) and also in the TC.

It is hard to play Lin Dan of course coz he is good. But each time they play (and each time LCW wins), LCW will get to know Lin Dan's game better.

Something happened last night when LCW pulled back 8 points. As I said earlier (and ADMIN edited), Lin Dan froze ('paralysed'). I think LCW hit a purple patch (every shot was a winner). There was a lot of passion and speed put to his shots, he basically controlled the game.

You would want to know why he could not have done that before in the past tournaments. Well, as I said, he could be getting nearer to moving ahead of Lin Dan. He needs to focus and concentrate (I conjecture he is seeing a psychologist to help him do that the way he played in this MO).

This is exciting times for Malaysia if Chong Wei has now found his touch against Lin Dan. Maybe in the coming Chinese Taiwan Open, LCW will prove my comments true.

6. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Its Peter Gade he actually played in TC not LD :p

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Oops....sssssshhh.

8. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Ah ha! :cool:

More courtside pictures please...

9. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Whilst LCW and Malaysians come up winners, the softer side to this is KBH is down with knee problems, joining Hafiz seeking medical assistance.

Who else is in the wings to accompany LCW on the international scene ? Did we spot any players coming up (apart from doubles) ? I must say there would be a lot of LCW 'lookalikes' soon(remember Bruce Lee --- and how many people acted like they were Bruce Lee after watching his movies). Well I hope with LCW's win, it would spur a lot of young guys to emulate him too.

Attack LCWs!!!!

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think LD fear the malaysian crowd and line judges more than LCW:p
    LD may or may not beat lcw all the time but line judges can LOL

11. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Actually, I prefer to have LCW perfectly healthy and both Hafiz and KBH injured, than the other way round (if we can't have all 3 in good health, that is)

12. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

Well, next year WC will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia...

I want to see how Chinese players cope with our Malaysian crowd then..

by the way, KL is a nice place to visit, Dont miss the food here when you come here to watch WC next year... Bak Kut Teh is among the best!

13. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

-

In this game there were no bad calls, in fact some went against LCW.

Maybe China players feel that they dont get a fair chance in Msia based on

2005 MO.that's why the cold behaviour.

Maybe LD being World No.1 could not accept losing when holding 7 match points.

Or maybe china players are so proud they cant stand losing to overseas Chinese,I remember how insulted and humiliated England feels if they lose to Wales or Scotland in football.

14. Peter5124

Peter5124 Regular Member

LCW is very humble person...I like this kind of attitude. Not like LD. Too arrogant. He has been winning too much.

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He is really a very nice guy --- you can see every time he shakes hand he puts on this smile to say kind condolence to the loser. It is really magnanimous of him.

16. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

Yap, agree with you. I have watched him playing in this new scoring system and i think that he tends to make more unforced errors compared to the others. This is why he lost his match against Peter Gade in TC. Before the magic thing happened in the decider game at MO 06, he made a lot of unforced errors too which saw Lin Dan leading. But he didn't make any for the last 8 points. I think he can beat anyone if he plays like this, no mistakes or just a few errors.

17. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

Anyone from here going to WC2006 in madrid this september?

18. victory

victory Regular Member

I think line judges and umpire in MO 2006 has done very professional job. They were vey fair through out! That should be the way in future! No reason for LD to complaint at all and yet we all see his bloody attitude! Really arrogant! Really sucks!

19. coolman

coolman Regular Member

if wong chong han did not injure, malaysia may enter final. Then malaysia may win the cup home too, as we can see that lee chong wei is able to match with lindan now.

20. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer
    LCW actually doesn't fear anyone....the problem when he plays the top players like TH,PG and LD is that they are reading his game....what limao is trying to improve on LCW's game is to add more variety.....

I didn't watch the MO2006 final coz i was overseas but from what i have read in the forum, it was hell of a match........ i would say it was just LCW at his best and without any pressure of winning the 3rd set......probably the pressure was more for LD to kill the 3rd set after leading 20-13.....I knw LCW plays very well without any pressure...but then who wouldn't......in fact during the TC, LCW was under so much pressure to perform even though he was carrying an injury.....and the pressure showed again in the Indonesian Open.....

I am delighted for him.....now he has to prove that he can perform consistently outside Malaysia.....get rid of the 'jaguh kampung' tag.....