Mohd Ahsan / Hendra Setiawan

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Licin, Aug 31, 2012.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

lots of errors. meaning distorted. wrong sentencea, wrong meaning.

Hence now the correct version.

2. indrg

indrg Regular Member

"The opposite is difficult dimatin, defence is nice" :) dimatin is not english.

Should say:

it is hard to kill the opponent's play, their defense is good.

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

... our attack always come back to us.

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Hence the corrected version is here.

Once again playing with the Chinese pairs of Zhang Nan / Fu Haifeng, the Indonesian MD Hendra Setiawan / Mohammad Ahsan still could not win when they played against them.

While playing against them in the Japan Open Super Series 2015, Hendra / Ahsan lost in straight games with the score of 9-21, 18-21. Due to this loss, Hendra / Ahsan could not advance to play in the semi finals.

During the first set of the game, we played according to our own game plan but it didn't work out said Hendra when he was being interviewed after the game is over.

We tried new strategy with new style of play. We just tried without knowing whether it will be successful or not. During our previous meeting we always lose to them so we felt that it is okay to try a new strategy but unfortunately it just didn't work out for us, explained Ahsan.

This is the 7th match for Hendra / Ahsan and Zhang Nan / Fu Haifeng. During the last three matches, Hendra / Ahsan still could not win over them successfully. Zhang Nan / Fu Haifeng still holds the winning record over them with 4 - 2.

It is very difficult for us to win over our opponent as they have very good defense. Our opponent defense is very good so it is very hard for us to kill them. No matter how we attack them, it will always come back to us. We felt overwhelmed. During the first set of the game we should play like how we play during the second set of the game, said Ahsan again.

The Indonesian MD still have a chance to enter the Japan Open Super Series 2015 semifinals. Angga Pratama / Ricky Karanda Suwardi will play with Goh V Shem / Tan Wee Kiong from Malaysia.

#304 blabl, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

What's the meaning of this sentence ?BTW,i apologize i fail to understand such high level of english..

6. blabl

blabl Regular Member

sorry....

Sorry to say the first version of the text is not translated properly. Guess the words in bahasa Indonesia were just being pasted directly into google translate hence creating lots of funny, wrong and distorted sentences. Hence in the end I have provided the correct version of the text to avoid any confusion. Anyway we can safely ignore the first translation as it is wrongly translated. Sorry here.

#306 blabl, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  7. kruntil

kruntil Regular Member

“Pada game pertama, kami mainnya pelan dan jadinya malah enggak enak sendiri,” kata Hendra ditemui usai pertandingannya.

'in the first set, our play is slow and that's not comfortable for us', said hendra after the match.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

That does seem to be a recurring problem for them, starting out slow and losing the first game, and then having to play 2 more games if they want to win it.

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

True. They always start slow.

10. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

Hope that indonesian coaches team really analyzing this one...ahsan/hendra been beaten 4 times in a row against funan now...

This is just remind me when they're playing against lee/yoo in the beginning of lee/yoo partnership...even worse that at the time they always trash ahsan/hendra in straight game....I still believe ahsan-hendra will take the gold in rio though.

11. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

Easy for funan....11-6 interval....

Just can't wait for funan vs lee/yoo tomorrow

12. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

Why I always post on the wrong thread :mad:

How can I request to delete it ?

13. konak

konak Regular Member

I think what setiawan mean was they tried to slowing the pace in the first set. MA/HS always attack with fast pace before, and always lose because chinese had such a very good defense. so they tried new style, but its not working because they didn't used to it. and they lose with big margin. so they back to they usual style in set 2, and lose again. after leading 18-17. I think if they play their usual self from beginning, it could go to the rubber. They ALWAYS lose three set against Fu/Zhang

#313 konak, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  14. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    Ah, nice to see them change system of their play in Dubai, now ahsan is brave enough to play up front, and hendra's smash are becoming powerful. Now they can switch their play, before hendra alwas play at the net, and it messes up ahsan because of his injuries.

15. vishalme95

vishalme95 Regular Member

Any idea about Setiawans new shoes???
    Juz Curious

16. visor

visor Regular Member

I'm not sure what to think of this pair now, especially Ahsan.

Sure they're incredibly good...but only when they want to be... solely for the big events like this SS Final. And it all depends on Ahsan's condition.

In my estimate, he alone was responsible for winning 75% of rallies and points for his side, the way he was playing at 120% and covering the whole court almost by himself. But this takes a significant physical toll on his body, and the price he pays for it is that he will lose to lower ranked pairs for the next few months.

I suppose the next 2 big events on their calendar would be AE in March and OG in Aug, so we'll definitely see their dominance again then.

#316 visor, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  17. faaiz

faaiz Regular Member

assistant manager
    im a fan of ahsan/hendra from malaysia....in dubai ss final they can win againts LYD/YYS because mostly hendra at the front and ahsan at the back..hendra was so good..he can intercept to net kill easily...ahsan defensive also good..he can turn the direction of shuttle when receive smashing..love to see them in the final again...

18. opikbidin

opikbidin Regular Member

Student
    I think it has more to do with YYS not being the usual beast he is and performing just at his normal capacity. and also the carpet slip too, hahahaha. From what I see, Ahsan and Hendra choose to attack YYS more because they know he will mostly lift and not block to turn the attack, the reason being he must go to the front and LYD to the back. YYS is quite good at the front, but opponents will happily just lift to LYD at the back as his smashes and other attacks from the back aren't dangerous by korean standards.

19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

but LYD is so good in the front.

20. indrg

indrg Regular Member

No wonder Ahsan has back and shoulders injuries for so long. He can't last ling with his smashing style.