My 2018 Thomas Cup China Team

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

MS -1 Chen Long
    [​IMG]
    MD -1 Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen
    [​IMG]
    MS2 - Shi Yuqi
    [​IMG]
    MD-2 Zhang Nan/ Liu Cheng
    [​IMG]
    MS-3 Tian Houwei
    [​IMG]

It's a tactical team based on shrewd strategy and complex thinking.

Key Points 1 -> Chen Long, the Captain Fantastica, will lead the squad to deliver the game changing first point.

Key Points 2->Then Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen will be thrown to surprise the Top opponents as well as relieve them of any pressure to which they might succumb if they play as the match deciders MD 2.

Key Points 3 -> The rapidly developing and already a force to reckon with, Shi Yuqi with his technical superiority will lead the assault as the Second MS. He can play freely as defeat will not be assigned to his performance knowing fully well that the experienced MD 2 can deliver the point.

Key Point 4 -> If any of the above three managed to perform upto their standard, then it will come down to the fourth match where Zhang Nan and Liu Cheng can crush any hope of upset, the opponents might begin to dream. Experienced, reliable, been there done that,all subscribe as the trademark of this pair. The ranking shuffling to accommodate this tactical lineup should start soon if anyone from CBA is reading this thread.

Key Point 5 -> The Match, boils down to who wins the final encounter. Nerves are Jangling, Brainfarts everwhere. It will need a solid defender who plays without any risk and can run all day long to land the final knockout punch. One who can get behind the shuttle and regularly hit safe smash. Tian Houwei is my ultimate choice for that and this is my Thomas Cup team.

comment yours.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I believe CHN will field Lin Dan as MS3 for the big occasion, esp when it's the tiebreaker. However to do that , Lin Dan's WR has to be lower than Chen Long and Shi Yuqi by the Thomas Cup deadline.

Sundis likes this.
  3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Look for the future. 35+ ancient beings who can't defend have no place in this team.

4. lurker

lurker Regular Member

I tend to agree with this...
    China players always had been following team orders, voluntarily or not I am not sure...

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not so much team order but using the right or best strategy which every MA and their coaching team should do to maximize their chances of winning.