Nanospeed 9900 Vs Arcsaber Z-slash

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by anantbhasin, Sep 18, 2009.

1. anantbhasin

anantbhasin Regular Member

Business
    Hi,
    i am a regular badminton player. i would call myself an amatuer. I am not much of a hard hitter, i'm more into back and front court drop shots. I usually play doubles with a plastic shuttle. Right now i am using a Yonex Armotec800 3U, G5. I am looking to buy a new racket but cannot decide which one to buy. Which one do you think is a better racket for me? Nanospeed 9900 or the Z-slash???

2. anantbhasin

Business
    one more thing i wanna add. I do wanna hit the 400km/h smashes.

3. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    Armortec 800 OF or DE?

4. anantbhasin

Business
    i use the armotec 800 DE. shall i go in for the z-slash or the nanospeed9900?

5. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

ArcSaber Z Slash at some point claimed someone clocked 414 km/h, thus, probably it's the way to go.

However, that same person might be able to smash 414 km/h or at the 400 km/h vicinity with any other racket (LCW or Taufik might be the 'smashing pumpkins' behind the claim so to make it legit!), so there is no guarantee it's the fastest or most powerful for us non pro players. Anyways, records are mostly recorded in tournament plays but not validated in one of those playtests:).

Probably strung at 34 to 36 and hit dead center when SMASHED by those pros!

6. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Well, there you go then. Just buy the Z slash. You'll start smashing 400 kph + smashes, become Indian champion within months and World champion by this time next year.......:eek::eek:

Good grief...:rolleyes:

7. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Your two clauses here do not collocate. The fact that someone smashed (under some strange recording system) at 414 kph is no indication that this racket is more preferable for him than any other.

Your later comments are however correct :).

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Don't read into the hype! Best buy to choose is to demo borrow one and see for yourself.

9. MetalOrange

Hey, I sad "PROBABLY" the way to go. I didn't say it is the way:cool:!

10. roy b

roy b Regular Member

It still doesn't make sense. The speed measurement is no indicator (probable or not) of whether this racket is better for him than the other. It's just manufacturer's hype.

11. MetalOrange

roy b, hey the guy gets to decide in the end. Not your interjection, hype or no hype:confused:.

12. roy b

roy b Regular Member

But I didn't interject, or interupt anything. I contributed to this thread saying that you were not correct in saying that the Z Slash would (probably or not) be best suited of the rackets, because of the speed measurements.

Anyway, I come in peace :),

I'm not looking to fall out with anyone :). Honest. Most of what you commented on I totally agreed with, and I wrote so.

Let the two of us agree that the guy should try both and make his own decision free from any hype or counter-hype :):). But we all need to be aware that ALL manufacturers write twaddle about their rackets - i.e. read the technical hype re. the Carlton Vapour Trails and you would burst out laughing :D:D.

13. MetalOrange

roy b, fair enough. Peace:cool:.

14. anantbhasin

Business
    i meant that even i wanna improve my game with harder hits as my game is more on drop shots. my smashes arent very powerful as such.
    bro you dint need to be sarcastic on that.

15. anantbhasin

Business
    im going in for the z-slash 3U G5. thanks metal orange for ur help.

16. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Apologies. Yes, my sarcasm sometimes gets the better of me.

BUT, please understand that the Z Slash will not automatically improve, or shall we say speed up, your smashes, just because Yonex's marketing shows a guy smashing at 414 kph. This figure may be no better than that for some other rackets, and in any case will bear no resemblance of the rackets performance in YOUR hands.

In fact, an ARC 10 or a racket from another manufacturer may be better for improving your smashing skills. Maybe the Z Slash will not suit your gamestyle and technique.

Please do not make a judgement based purely on marketing hype. You can only make the right decision by trying the rackets and seeing how they feel and perform for YOU.

However, if you feel you must have the latest toy, then go ahead and blindly buy the Z Slash.

17. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    May I suggest you switch to feathers exclusively to get the best out of your racquet. This will be a more decisive move to play real badminton.

18. luckyman76

luckyman76 Regular Member

CV
    Vote for NN9900.:D

19. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

In fact, I think the NS9900 is better for doubles play. Since it is so light to swing around, coupled with the longer handle, you get to exert more strength (provided you have the technique) into the racquet for killer smashes.

Even though I haven't bought an Arc Z yet, IMHO it may be more balanced for singles and doubles play (though both offensive) as it looks whippy due to the longer slim shaft and with high speed swing capabilities. Now it reminds me of a Ti-10....

20. shihman

shihman Regular Member

well actually, there are many other factors that contribute to hard smashes not just lightness (speed) of the racket swing. sure you'll need fast racket speed to generate power, but at the same time, shaft stiffness, head weight and even type of strings and lbs also are major factors. also you have to look at yourself and see what type of player you are. do you use more arm or wrist; are you more defensive or offensive or do you prefer single or double games. so in another word, you have to know what type of player you are or you wanna be and which types of game before you can narrow down to your racket selections.

i am a double player and currently using NS9900, just made the transition from AT900T. although i have not yet tried Arc ZS but from what i have read and heard, it is very similar to the AT900T with more power. i'll just give you my opinion on these 2 rackets and others can add to it or correct me if i am off.

NS9900 is a very fast racket due to it's head lightness and the extra stiff shaft. that makes it great for defenses, net (finesse) plays, excellent clears and front player (in double) wrist snapping smashes. because of the light head, it took me couple of months to get used to it and now that i am, i love it. the only area i need to improve is the baseline smashing power. i think NS9900 has the ability to because i have done it on occasion. :crying:

now AT900T, it is also a very fast racket with stiff shaft and the weight is evenly balanced. it is also good for defenses and clears. but the back court drop shots and net plays requires a bit more effort. but the smashes are definitly more powerful from baseline than NS9900.

also one last thing, the AT900T has a bigger sweet spot (not sure about Arc ZS) than NS9900 thus makes it easier to pick it up and play with it.

i hope this helps.