Need help choosing Mizuno

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by lovelifeetc, May 21, 2019.

1. lovelifeetc

lovelifeetc New Member

I owned a JPX 8.3 for a couple years and loved it. It broke recently during a doubles clash so I bought a JPX 8.5.

The 8.3 was slightly low on power for me but perfect for control. I can generate too much power with the 8.5 but slightly less control than I would love. I am playing NBG99 at 25lb, which is higher than my recommended tension.

I'm confused between the JPX CX-Edition, the JPX Z8-CX and the Prototype X-2.

I mostly play doubles but would like to use the same racquet for both doubles and singles. I like to play mainly for control and placement but do love to smash on and off too.

I have a Fortius Tour F 4u as well but it is not at all good for control and presently I can even generate more power with the 8.5 3u than with the Fortius.

Kindly suggest.

2. llrr

llrr Regular Member

Don't forget you can easily increase control by increasing tension. Maybe try that first.

3. lovelifeetc

lovelifeetc New Member

Thanks, already at 25 lbs as mentioned above
    I'm not sure I should be pushing higher

4. llrr

llrr Regular Member

As long as you go to a reputable stringer who knows what they're doing, there are no problems going past recommended tensions.

5. lovelifeetc

lovelifeetc New Member

Thanks, strung my Fortius Tour F at 26lb and it's much closer to the power and control I expect
    Selling off the JPX 8.5