Never Realized About This Intro Thread .....

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by abedeng, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I will wear a mask or something or dye my hair BLonde. ahhaha but then i'm sure the guys have other better victim to stalk.

Adebeng : i will try to blend in. Hehehhe

Eagle: Bro Adebeng is really commited. There is no excuse. He even drove to Singapore to attend the Spore Open and also have dinner with us during the gathering. It was fun. And i'm sure its going to be more fun during Thomas Cup.

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

I get what you mean Ants. I only have that kind of commitment for work, and only well paid projects ;);), not pleasure.

Bro Abedeng, lol, I dont have notebook or blackberry or hp with GPS roaming. My work requires I go to the field, not sawah padi field, but "lapangan" field, which doesnt cover other countries:D.

I'm the type that take out my paperwork to do during supper or tea time with my pals if I have a deadline. If they complain, I tell them to help me do it or dont bug me, he he;);).
    That's what I do too while watching "live" matches on tv or online.
    So, picture an 'eagle' doing work while matches are on, esp boring ones.

Melaka to Spore is 5 hours by bus - bus ride is fine for me, cheaper too but poor Aza.

Accommodation Costs : out of budget, really... if you dont beleive, suka hati-lah. Walking part, no prob, I walk very fast.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yes i understand. Its ok if you can't make it. No worries mate.

4. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Eagle,

Well of course both of us have to be involved in well-paid projects, otherwise how to finance the excursion to badminton tournaments ....... :D You don't see me complaining about how well I'm paid, do you? :p

I only complain about the work and the need to keep me in touch with the company at all times .......:mad: Eventually I might have to start complaining about commentating via Blackberry. ;) Already Ants is complaining about all his moves being reported over the Internet ..... :D

Anyway, make time for yourself and take some time out, during baddy tournament season, that is .... I have had two colleagues much younger than myself getting heart attacks due to work commitments.:eek:

5. eaglehelang

And... wow, your line of work must be super stressful for your colleagues to get heart attacks so young.
    I'm not that hardworking nowadays as I used to be, hanging around too much here:D, watching "Live Streaming" or tv when I should be working, hence less projects & less pay ->therefore cant finance excursions to baddy tournaments, goyang kaki too much stimes, kah kah.

6. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Welcome to this sub-forum. It's very hard to miss it for such a long time. But, I always enjoyed your impartial comments and thoughtful advice.

Just wondering about the translation. Since "Abang" is only one word, should it be translated into "brother" instead of "big brother" or it does mean two words in English?

Do you play badminton? Maybe I missed it. Regular exercise like playing badminton would be also very useful to achieve a healthy life style :)

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    The Malay language emphasizes seniority, big bro is "Abang", big sis is "Kakak", younger bro or sis is "Adik".

Yup I played badminton. Was pretty good once during Primary School, until I dislocated my elbow in a freak accident at age 12. After that, had phobia with doing any hard hitting :eek:, my power game became like Razif Sidek's, ie. it never took off. :p It seems that Razif too had shared my fate, broke his arm as a child.

Now that I am not a free man, the time for badminton is getting less and less. Fortunately I get to do long walks, in Jakarta with Loh's tripod in tow. That would get rid of some spare weight, enough to enjoy another Gurame filled dinner ....:D assuming we have time to eat.

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Abang...or Bang...

..yes, big bro Din got it:)..."Abang" (in Malay) means older/big brother and it is one word. In Indonesian, we also can call Abang as Bang...(e.g. Bang Yos, PBSI's current chairman)..By chance, can we call you Bang Din or Bang Deng, big bro Din??..:confused::cool:

9. azabaz_ipoh

azabaz_ipoh Regular Member

is second to badminton
    TC in singapore or malaysia, i'll fly with you eaglehelang. :D

June....hmmmm.....transportation settled (hitch hike abedeng's car). i need to make my passport first and then budget a bit for food and accomodation. or maybe stay in jb. hahahah, if eagle is game, i'm game. granted i manage to save up enough money. :D

we can share accomodation costs. :D

i wanna buy an external hdd too. my computer is getting slower. hahaha :)

no problem with taking a bus. in fact can even take a train. i love trains :p;)

how cheap? need a ballpark figure to even initiate budget plans. hehehehe. :)

all work and no play makes eagle a non flying bird....:p

wow! i hate long distance driving. ;):cool:

i only have to take a bus to kl. then i can hitch hike abedeng to singapore. kih kih kih.

yeah, you must take time to relieve stress. ;):):D

hahahahaha, let's just stick to abedeng.....:D:D:D:D:D

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Heh heh, I just wanna see how committed u gals are in going all out to support the team, at least in tournaments in SEA Region. Tell u what, I would even pick u gals up on the drive down south.

Looking at how some of our friends have been moving about tournament to tournament (while coughing terribly, in the case of Hau-ge :)), it is high time that Malaysians show a bit more "spunk" in supporting their teams.

If our players win, we get bragging rights to say that since we were there, part of the victory belonged to us ....... kakakakaka :D. And if they lose, well at least we will stay in our seats proudly and not run away during critical situations like someone in HK Open XD final.:p

Really, there can be no excuses, with Air Asia and cheap hotels ...... I dare say you would spend a lot more in regular holidays.

11. eaglehelang

Hotel Geylang in Spore charges S$66 per night. S$66 X2.24 =RM147/day.
    So, it's not cheap hotel. 3 days = RM441, not including tourney tickets, food, transport. No such thing as cheap hotel after exchange rates.

And....... I dont go on "regular holidays", last one was 3 years ago, for a seminar (fun, fun seminar, not work related) I only spent RM50 for the 3-day seminar, RM60 for cab trips thru & fro, stayed at a friends house for free =RM110 total.:D:D Of course, in between hang out with that friends from KL whom I havent seen for years.

My idea of holiday is snoozing at home, he he doesnt befit my nick, during holiday time should change it to hibernating bear . ;)

12. eaglehelang

Hotel Geylang in Spore is S$66 X 2.23 = RM147/day.
    Passport : that reminds me, I must renew my passport 1st, that's another RM300.

Me forgets Ipoh got train station.
    Sorry, Aza this year not possible, maybe in 2009.
    Eagle do play or rather zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz he he.

13. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Eagle,

There is always a cheaper option, like a hostel. Or stay in JB and cross over on daily basis. Or hibernate in my car for free ....:D Since we are going to Super Series tournament, you can still maintain your proud 3 year record of not going on regular holidays.

Food price is reasonable, and you can always stock up grocery supplies from home.

Transport already covered. Probably tickets and food as well, but now we are sounding like you need to beg money ala Amazing Race last placed non-eliminated team.

Can't help you on passport issue, our govt need to charge extra 'cos so many ppl lost or sell passports on black market.

14. eaglehelang

Thanks for your invite, it was fun bantering about it.

Hey, you're saying eagle is stingy eh? Now me merajuk, even more wont go.

You'll have Aza for company lah, dont worry... & 'uncle' Loh, & Ayu the faithful cheerleader.
    I'll leave you all in peace, if I go, he he, eagle become hibernating bear,zzzzzzzzzzzzz, not good conversationlist.

15. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    :eek:wow! i just did a rough budget :

accomodation : RM250 (if stay in hotel geylang and share with eaglehelang, hey that ryhmes..:D:D)

passport : RM300 (first time i will have a passport if i go through with it)

tickets : RM300 ( i dont know how much they will be so i assume an average of RM100 per day for three days)

transport : RM100 (for when not following abedeng :))

food : RM60 (for three days assuming spending RM20 everyday)

Misc : RM100 (for emergencies)

grand total : RM1110 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

i guess that is out of my league. :( i'll be like eagle and hibernate then. i never go on holidays too. i now know why.......:eek:

sorry abedeng, i would have really loved to be there and support malaysia but reality bites. :(:crying:

16. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Aza,

1K budget for S'pore? U R rite, it is rough, kakakaka ......

1K is more like for Jakarta Thomas Cup Finals trip. Ok lar, maybe more if we look for good Gurame fish dinner ...... not likely given the tight schedule.

Accommodation, like I said, there are always SG hostels, JB hotels and my car ...... I'm sure Uncle Loh and other SG forummers can assist if my car is too cramped. :p

Passport, Govt need money to fund elections, support BAM and pay fuel subsidies. Only about 3 full tanks of premium fuel for 5 years right to attend international badminton competitions.

Tickets are equivalent to Malaysian tickets. Cheaper than World Championships last year.

Food, you'll lose weight on RM20 per day ..... but it is amazing how much weight gained and money saved when dining with friends, hint, hint ..... :)

Transport can take MRT, Buses or my car.

Misc - there is always, the plastic money.

17. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    hehehehe, yeah, it would have been so much cheaper if i already have a passport. dang! :) i have to save up then and maybe go on the trip in 2009 with eagle so that i could fly beneath her wings. hahahaha.....

and surprise surprise, i dont have a credit card and i dont think i will have it anytime soon. i dont believe in using money i dont have yet. hehehehehe :D 'living within your means' is my motto. well it has to be since my father is not tycoon of some sort. :D:D:D:D

so eagle, 2009 right? i wanna start saving now. heheheh :) would your current offer still stand in 2009 abedeng? :)

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    One thing about passports, once u have it, u r expected to "mis"use it ..... :D. That means saving up for other future tournaments beyond 2009 ....... maybe you and Eagle should register with the supporters club, they do send squads out for major events, but not all badminton.

Offer stands as long as I am free.

19. azabaz_ipoh

is second to badminton
    yeah, i am afraid there will be only one stamp in my passport when and if i finally get it. :D:D:D

cool, if the stars and moons are aligned in the year of the horse, may the eagle and the snake head south for a war of the goose feathers. :)

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I have the privilege to address him as Bro Din, not Abang Din! :)