Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

New Li Ning Rackets (3D Calibar, TurboCharging, Aeronaut)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by sholean, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Never ordered from there but yeah I just saw prices now and I guess after the shipping fee and all Li Ning racquets (selective and most famous ones) are cheaper in India. Just saw on flipkart and yeah waiting for the right time to get a better deal on the N80II as the price here and on e78.us is similar if shipping fee is considered.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Sumanth99 likes this.
  2. Lolzprince

Lolzprince Regular Member

Hi BC fam. Any recommendations for a stiffer N9ii, i am currently using one and occasionally I hit myself on the leg after a smash (follow through) haha but the racket is too much of a beauty to let go [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Erm no offence but it doesn't sound like racket shaft flex is the issue.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Rob3rt, s_mair, namcho and 1 other person like this.
  4. Lolzprince

Lolzprince Regular Member

maybe you are right, the issue is me hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Seriously though in the interest of helping you. I know how it feels. I've whacked my gentleman's sausage a couple of times. But those were all user error. Took a swipe at the shuttle in an awkward position which resulted in a bad follow through action that ended painfully

If there's nothing truly wrong with the N9II for you then don't change it. I can only advise that you take a bit more care in your shot selection especially if you're trying for shots that produce weird angles and slices of the racket head. Those tend to have funny results IME.

Lolzprince and Okaharu like this.
  6. LinHalu

LinHalu Regular Member

I'm looking to move away from my 3U astrox 99 to a li-ning racket.

Would a 75C be a good choice? Or should I go for a 900C?
    (I play singles, power player)

7. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Has anyone noticed any big inaccuracies in the racket matrix from the catalogue?

An example I found is the matrix says the 8000C is slightly less heavy than the 800 (N80ii). But in my experience the N80ii is noticeably lighter. I also found the 75C heavier in comparison than the 800 is listed.

Now if the 800 and the N80ii aren't actually the same racquet, then this is irrelevant. But in my experience the matrix is pretty far off so far.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    To be fair. Matrices are all complete garbage no matter what brand. They're just good for giving you a rough clue of what's supposed to be what haha.

9. Swat

Swat Regular Member

N80ii and 800 is the same according to the Li-Ning web site.
    Trying to find a good comparison between this and N9ii. Very similar specs, but how does the N80ii/800 play?

10. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I can actually give you that comparison. I have both N9ii and N80ii.

That said I almost never even touched the N9ii after the first couple weeks I had it. It was too light for me. Swings much much quicker than the N80ii and really didn't give me the power I wanted in singles.

11. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Tried a 7000I and 7000B in my recent session
    Initial impressions, a more solid feeling that from my N9II, even from the 7000I despite being significantly lighter.
    7000I seems to be lacking in pure repulsion, maybe the strings (had LN1 in it and AS in 7000B) or just the lighter frame. I had some difficulty getting distance in my lifts that wasn't an issue with the 7000B. For example, I felt like I had enough distance from the impact, but the shuttle didn't go as far. Swing speed definitely higher, because I was almost doing full swings for my interceptions at the net.
    7000B was a pure joy to play with and took zero time to adjust.

Some things to note:
    From memory, the N50III with the same frame felt less solid. I remember at the time it had the some feeling as the braveswords, so I thought what was the point. I'm not sure if they've made this frame more solid or thicker somehow, because it feels better than the Turbo Charging frame in the N9II.
    I can already feel the flex in both rackets. Again, I couldn't feel the flex as much in the N9II. I'm not sure if this is the impact of a box frame while still maintaining decent speed.

7000B is definitely a keeper and may replace my Onigiri as my main.
    Another side note: I've gone full circle again with my frames and going more boxy for more feedback in my shots :|.

12. decoy

decoy Regular Member

True. But I had high hopes for this one for some reason I guess. I thought maybe if you compare only in the same family of racquets (turbocharging, aeronaut, caliber) it would be accurate. But I'm not even sure that's the case.

13. Swat

Swat Regular Member

So would you say the N80ii is closer to 75C?

14. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Yeah, definitely. They're fairly similar speed.

The balance point of the 75C is actually higher than the N80ii. But the speed is similar.

The issue I had with the 75C was that all of my shots felt really soft and mushy. That said, I don't remember what string I used on it when I strung it. Might've been no. 7 instead of no. 1.

15. Swat

Swat Regular Member

Thanks! I have the 75c as well. Might be a little too heavy for me. So I want to try something a tad lighter and similar stiffness. Might be the N80/800 then :)

16. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I don't think the N80ii would be easier to use. Sorry I think I'm not describing this well.

The balance point is higher on the 75C but I suspect the head weights are fairly similar. I would check it, but I don't have a sensitive enough digital scale to test. If you want lighter than the 75C then I think the 75 (N9ii) would be the best option.

17. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I have the N9ii too, which I like, but was looking for a racket that’s just a little more stiff and maybe slightly heavier head. I’ll give the 75C more time, might just be a thing to get used to.

18. decoy

decoy Regular Member

If you don't mind a 4u frame you could try the 75D as well. But it's overall lighter. So probably not what you're after either unfortunately.

19. robfitsy

robfitsy Regular Member

n80-2 is a little flexier, or should I say, shock-absorbing, nearly not noticeable, but has more inertia imo. I'd say stick with 75C until you get more accustomed to it.

decoy likes this.
  20. Terraglow

Terraglow Regular Member

Students
    Owned 75D 2 weeks ago. It is not that good in smashing department. Where the 75D shines is on drives and net play. It is so fast and flawless to intercept shots and net kill. When i tried full smash, it is fast but not powerful. It is very good on half smashes and fast drop shots. More suited for front court doubles player. Nevertheless, the smashes it produces is not awfully bad (i have tried other rackets worse than this). But at the price point, the racket is worthy for front court players, but if you play more towards back court and launch full body smashes, this racket does not have the power that you might expect from head heavy categories (Astrox 88s and 77 performs better in full body smashes).