New Li Ning Rackets (3D Calibar, TurboCharging, Aeronaut)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by sholean, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

Erm so meaning to say that in this case the weight during swing for aeronaut 7000i and ax88d is the same but the outcome of the smash could be different due to the weight of racket, flex etc etc?

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

That's correct. In the end it's always the matter of how well the racket can support your very personal hitting style.

3. ice man

ice man Regular Member

As I’m still looking for something as powerful as the N9ii but with better precision, tried an aeronaut 7000 (heavy 4U, head heavy, stiff)

The aeronaut is really fun to use, power is very easy to obtain, it is quite precise. The only problem to me is that the racquet is really too light, it lacks some feedback! I made lots of airshots as it was lighter that my usual setup

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Well, that wasn't a real surprise, was it? Just give your muscle memory some time to adjust to the new timing. You'll see a clear improvement after the first 2-3 sessions for sure.

5. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

If that's the case would u recommend from 3u even balance to 5u head heavy.

6. dickography

dickography Regular Member

how about Turbocharging 75D? it is 4U (heavier than 7000i), a bit stiffer + head heavier than N9ii.

7. senthilprakash selvaraj

I am from india, and i felt flex in both rackets are bit same, but the shaft lenght of 88D is more than 75D so power generation will be little easier with 88D than with TC75D.

Here is the thing, i owned arcsaber Z slash, Astrox 88S 4u, N90IV (3d caliber 900B), TC75D and my son has Apacs Z Ziggler.

One thing i realized is that flex point and Shaft length plays a major part in a rackets behavior (the point at which we can see the shaft bending - not sure how to explain this but hope you understand what i am trying to say here).

for example if you take TC 75D (83gms) and Arcsaber Z slash (88gms) - AZS has a longer shaft with flexibility of shaft more above the center of the shaft and 75D has shorter shaft compared to AZS and flexibility is more starting below the center of the shaft. may be thats why i feel AZS is always more punchier than 75D. - of course there is always the weight category difference which as well plays a major part.

Also there is a correction - with 75D back court to back court clear may be bit difficult depending on the technique as it lacks bit of power comparatively. if your technique is not very good then i would suggest get a racket which can provide you more assistance (more flex) - rackets like Z Ziggler.

8. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Not a surprise at all!
    But I won’t continue with this racquet as I feel more comfortable with 3U ones

9. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Just played my new session of the Aeronaut 9000C, was using the Apacs Assailant Pro which was in 4U, Aeronaut definitely packs a punch, it is 3U, medium flex and head heavy. Love the power it can generate for the clear and smashes, however it is a little sluggish on the drives and flat exchanges. Something I can live by since I am usually on the back court and I prefer to play shots like clears, drops & smashes.

10. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

Just gotten my hand on the 7000i will try it out next week after string. So far review from a friend is good!

11. yoman

yoman Regular Member

lining chart is confusing, the stiffness rating on the actual racket does not translate into the chart directly?

Anyone using 75C and 75/75EX ?

12. Dezlets

Dezlets Regular Member

Saw the weight of the racket for 7000i they state that its 79g +-1. So lining's QC is much better? Also since its 79g it's close to 4U's lowest?

13. throttlementok

throttlementok Regular Member

How was the weight distributions distributed for n9ii and 9000C? And what were the differences that made you chose n9ii over 9000C?

How about the overall swing weight? Seems like both pretty similar in terms of specs

Sumanth99 and Kokai like this.
  14. Swaraj Lakshman

Swaraj Lakshman Regular Member

Hi all,
    This is my very 1st post,though I have been following the forums since 2016 . Finally created an account and have become a member. It was for majority of the reviews here I could get to know and now own the wonderful N9ii(yes the dark side,had me as well)

I am more of a wrist player ,now I was looking for something lighter in the weight category of W2 (as per Li Ning and not head light. After going through the catalogue I have narrowed it down to 4,namely:-
    1) 3D 900
    2) Aeronaut 9000
    3)Aeronaut 7000
    4)TC 75 D
    As per specifications, all seem to be falling under Stiff, could anyone please assist on the level of stiffness of each.

Any other suggestions are most welcome.

Thank you.

15. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

The aeronaut 9000 is considered as a flexible racket, the 7000 is slightly stiffer.. won’t be able to comment on the either 2 as I haven’t researched much on them

16. Dhandapani

Dhandapani Regular Member

Which one is best Lining caliber 900i or Aeronaut 7000i?

17. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Hi, my main racquet is N9ii and I’ve got an aeronaut 7000 too.
    Aeronaut 7000 feels much lighter and is more manoeuvrable but still packs a nice punch when needed.
    It does not feel stiffer to me when playing...

18. Swaraj Lakshman

how
    Since i believe you have playing with Aeronaut 9000C,how well are you able to manage the front court ?

19. Swaraj Lakshman

Thank you .
    Of the two ,does n9ii seem much more flexible?

20. Swaraj Lakshman

Hi there, could you give us your review?