New Li Ning Rackets (3D Calibar, TurboCharging, Aeronaut)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by sholean, Jul 18, 2018.

1. vincedba

vincedba Regular Member

dba
    So I've pulled the trigger and get 7000B for myself.

Played with it yesterday so this opinion solely based on first session. Have it strung with no1 @26, same setup as my TC70. Same stringer which is me. Only difference is 7000b is still in factory grip.

Hitting session, Clear and backhand with 7000b flown the shuttle longer. For drive I can feel it is slower than TC70. Normal smash no doubt 7000b won the power but occasionally I can deliver devastating smash with TC70 where my partner or opponent will shout 'holy crap'. With 7000b I haven't been able to deliver that thunderous smash where you get into proper time and technique but this is only happen few times.

Control I still prefer TC70 where I can aim where I want to place the shuttle. As the time goes I can feel the head heaviness more pronounce on 7000b and get me tired. With TC70 I can play 2hours non stop without feeling tired and keep smashing.

Also with TC70 my smashes are steeper. haven't been able to get the same steepness with 7000b perhaps because it's flex shaft.

For now I would rate TC70 at 9/10 and 7000B is 8.5/10. If I can get the same control and steepness with 7000B no doubt it'd be my go to racket. Perhaps after I use my preferred grip setup.

2. laistrogian

laistrogian Regular Member

Student
    Had my 2nd session with 7000B, i cut my aerobite which i've only used once and strung No.1 at 26/28 10% PS.

Dare I say this racket is straight out better than Arcsaber 11. I find myself to be one of those people who love chunky head because it provides drag and head-feel during swing. But for such a chunky head, it moves really quick.

Power is there, the flex and using a .65 gauge string helps a lot even when you mis-hit. Ofc it's no ZF II hammer but then again I can't do thunderclaps so I'd much prefer something that won't kill my elbow from all those smash mis-hits.

Sumanth99 likes this.
  3. salepang

salepang Regular Member

Which is more heavy overall compare to tc70?

#563 salepang, Sep 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Still haven't bought a racket, have you?

5. vincedba

vincedba Regular Member

dba
    I have both. Overall weight they are both pretty much the same. Mine 92g both. 7000B feels more head heavy and slower.

I've had 2 sessions with 7000B and still struggling to connect with it unlike with TC70 where I hit first love in the first session.

salepang likes this.
  6. salepang

salepang Regular Member

haha..already bought tc 70..

7. Holyseraphy

Holyseraphy Regular Member

Anyone has review on tc75 and tc75d?

8. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

I have been trying to pull together information about a range of rackets while researching a possible new purchase. There was a link to sportsuncle with a helpful list of racket specs. I was looking for 4U, stiff and head heavy and spotted the Calibar 900 which seems to tick the boxes but cross referenced with reviews on BC and somebody thought the 900 was not that HH or stiff.

Have sportsuncle (via Li-Ning presumably) got it right or are the specs not consistent with the real world?
    [​IMG]

9. decoy

decoy Regular Member

It's reasonably head heavy (not super). Pretty sure when I measured mine they were ~305mm balance point. Feels a bit lighter than 4U Astrox 99 but not a lot so.
    Stiffness... It's stiff for Li Ning at least... Hard to say that Victor or Yonex would call it stiff.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

10. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

So, probably a factor of being 4U, the actual head weight might not be huge but the balance point suggests there is some weight there. A 3U with the same balance point would be at the extreme end like a ZFII.

I already have N7II, N9II and Voltric80e so want to try something that is lighter overall but still has a similar head weight (42+g) and stiffness (8.3ish in li-ning terms). Also, want to have an aerodynamic frame profile. Currently looking at Victor TK-BXR and Calibar 900 - all in 4U. A G5 or S1 grip would be ideal too. Ruling out the usual yonex astrox options unless they are more aero than I think.

11. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Astrox frames are decently fast, but the 900 is faster imo. Also, if you want something that feels easier to swing than the n9ii then I don't think the 900 is what you're looking for. Unless the n9ii I had is weirdly light or something.

12. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

It doesn't need to be easier. Just as easy and certainly not a brick like my voltric 80e. I like the feeling of speed and weight. Do you have the headweight of your 900? With strings, my N9ii is 42g, v80e is 44g.

13. Michel Aupin

Michel Aupin Regular Member

Aeronaut 9000D was looking very interesting. 4u, bp 314mm, small grip, like g6.. and D are supposed to be stiff. I was thinking to get one... But some people said that it is mid flex :(

14. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I don't have a scale that can get the headweight, sorry. Can only do BP.

15. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

Thanks for the info. I think I have a way of guesstimating the head weight from the length, weight, balance point and a bucket full of assumptions.
    I think the 900 head weight with string is around 42-43g with string. I also guess the 9000D is around 44g which is quite a lot of racket head to swing. This might explain Li Junhui's hand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#575 Ouchie, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  16. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

And Calibar 900 swing weight...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dhandapani and decoy like this.
  17. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Everything except the Aeronaut 9000 series. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

18. vincedba

vincedba Regular Member

dba
    Anyone has TC 70C? Really keen to see your thoughts.

Thinking to get one but the BP is 290 which is less than TC70 at 295.

19. Baddyboy9

Baddyboy9 New Member

Hi guys,
    I am new to this forum. I usually play doubles and my go to racket is the nanoray900 (grey version)and do have duora z strike as a spare but never really connected with it..I wanted to try the victor JS 10 but heard a lot of grommet issues and was not sure about JS 12M...so I decided to try something from the lining range and want some insight on 7000i and 900i and which one is better with regards to clears, fast drives, control at the net, drops, smashes and maneuverability from offence to defence...any other suggestions would also be great...thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

20. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    Good call on skipping victor. I used the JS10 when it first came out before the sinking grommets were a problem. I was really disappointed by their quality afterwards because I had used the JS12M and one broke when the string snapped within 15 minutes of playing :(

The instinct line of Li Ning are all 4-5U weight. If you used a 3U NR900, I would recommend going with the TC70. It was the closest thing I used to the old JS10s. Good speed and power. I have tried the 3D Caliber 900i and it was really what i liked, but probably because I wasnt used to it. My wife loves it though. I find switching between each type of li ning racket requires alot of adjustment. My favorite by far is the aeronauts because of their feel and speed. They aren't as quick as the turbocharging series, but they pack alot of power.

Sumanth99 likes this.